Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

Pashnit Motorcycle Forum (http://www.pashnit.com/forum/index.php)
-   California - Road Trips & Pics, pics, pics (http://www.pashnit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   BackROADS California: A Spring Pashnit Tour (http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21600)

pashnit 03-22-2009 01:14 AM

Re: BackROADS California: A Spring Pashnit Tour

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 90073

Next day we awoke to steady rain. However, rain suit and heated liner takes care of that. Thankfully, further south we got out of NorCal, rain abated to just heavy cloud cover.

Eventually we all parted ways and I headed across the state to home. Decided to top my goat trail tour off with one of the best for this region- Knoxville Berryessa Rd. Ridden southbound from Middletown (it's in the middle of everything :p), the first portion is like a race track up to an old gold mine. Then pop over the hill and you see this...

Attachment 90077

Attachment 90076

Attachment 90078

Goaty, deserted, and quiet. Perfect.

Attachment 90075

pashnit 03-22-2009 01:30 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Other thing Knoxville-Berryessa Rd is famous for is these...

Attachment 90079

I tried to count them.

I lost track after about 10 stream crossings.

Attachment 90080

Coming out of the hills in long straights. Wave rotors would probably look good on this thing also! :D

Attachment 90081

At the far southern end of Knoxville Berryessa Rd is Lake Berryessa

Attachment 90082

A few years ago, we were photographing the water so high, it was spilling over into the Glory Hole.

Hard to perceive scale in the photo, but this concrete mass is actually huge!

Attachment 90083

pashnit 03-22-2009 01:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Parting shot... I stopped at the crest of this hill. No rain finally, although the clouds stayed dark, low, and impossibly blue. Just as I began to take some shots, the sun poured through a hole in the clouds right onto the bike. It amost glowed.

The window was just moments, but I got the shot. If I wouldn't of stopped to smell the roses, I would have missed it. It was the only time I saw the sun for this entire days ride. It was perfect timing and the heavens shown down on this moment. Very cool fitting end to the BackROADs Tour. :clap

Attachment 90084

pashnit 03-22-2009 01:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Epilogue: Still processing the footage I shot. It came out beyond my wildest expectations, a breathe of fresh air to filming the ride.

Here's some screen shots of the vids taken with the new Gopro Hero Video Camera. :lala :2thumbsup

Attachment 90085

Attachment 90086

Attachment 90087

Attachment 90088

-fin-

1911 03-22-2009 07:17 AM

ummm...did I miss something? where's the 'busa? did you get a new bike and I missed the announcement?

viffergyrl 03-22-2009 07:39 AM

Coolness. I was just wondering yesterday when the first pics of the 2009 touring season would be posted. Almost posted that question! :p

So did you test out all the ram mounts? You crazy kid. But that looks fabulous and can't wait to see the vids.... :drool

Eric... Check this out.

This tour is on my list. :nod :2thumbsup

eye.surgeon 03-22-2009 08:54 AM

Awesome!!! This is some seriously kitted out K1200R :2thumbsup. Enjoyed the pics and the new cams are great. So are you ready to switch over to BMW full-time ? :) Hey if Tim can switch from a FJR to that Italian thing surely you could go German. And unlike me you can write off the outrageous service costs on your taxes.

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/attachm...5&d=1237705170

Law Dawg (ret) 03-22-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eye.surgeon (Post 262420)
...unlike me you can write off the outrageous service costs on your taxes.

You just have to think outside of the box Rod. Why, you are an eye doc right? So then you need to do a study on bug strikes to the eye or cold wind and miosture depletion. Some see thorugh eye decals on the visor with a count of strikes after each ride and badabing...research Beemer.:D

Looks like another fine tour Tim. Happy campers and all...just make it all so good.

Groucho 03-22-2009 02:30 PM

That K1200R gives me a tingle up my leg.

Waitaminnit. That's not my leg.

:D

Great pix!!!

akfxdl 03-22-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law Dawg (Post 262467)
You just have to think outside of the box Rod. Why, you are an eye doc right? So then you need to do a study on bug strikes to the eye or cold wind and miosture depletion. Some see thorugh eye decals on the visor with a count of strikes after each ride and badabing...research Beemer.:D

Law Dawg is right, there must be some govt study money in the bailout bills and budget. You probably can get more money if you hire a couple of "Researcher / Employees". Let us all know when the jobs come open.:D