Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23 48 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 98 ... LastLast

Thread: My dog Spirit and I, homeless on the road...

AZ Native, former Texan Texas T's Avatar

Re: My dog Spirit and I, homeless on the road...

Thanks Ara. I've been lurking for four years; figured it was time to throw a few posts in here now and again.

Homeless wanderer... beemerchef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
    Thanks Ara. I've been lurking for four years; figured it was time to throw a few posts in here now and again.
    It was...

Behind Closed Doors... Las Vegas ~ New Mexico [Jasmine Rice with Feta and Vegetables]

I always wanted to visit “the other” Las Vegas as we did a day or two ago. I loose track already. Maybe we should have stayed for the Celebration, their 175th Year, but I don't do well with crowds in general. We arrived in a downpour as I have rarely seen and experienced. A KOA was kind enough to take us in and overlook the fact that Spirit is a Pit. He is now a Poodle... it is official. No problem with their Insurance. Tonight we are in Carlsbad where the temperature reached 90 and the humidity 1000%. I think this was the first time we have been hot, will see how all is as we arrive at “The Oasis” early next week. There seem to be time and yet I am scrambling a bit to order the ten prints which will be on display at the Pan Terra Gallery in Bisbee on October 23rd. If all goes well it will be a permanent exposition. I could then look into maybe other Galleries having had a precedent also such as in Alpine with “Kiowa Gallery” where the prints sold well even if unfortunately the owner's ethics were not up to par. So tomorrow are the Caverns as I think I photographed a couple years ago. I am really looking forward to it, I am even going to use a tripod for a change even if I feel they are a royal pain to use...
    Enjoy “Las Vegas” and some thoughts I have had these past days... again.
    Be well...
    Ara & Spirit

Carlsbad Caverns revisited... NM

Two years had gone by, the opportunity was there, could not miss taking the hike one more time. Funny how things are however, the body did not take it as well this time! Maybe because I was carrying a tripod with a heavier camera? Or was it two years had really gone by and “all” is only getting a bit... older. I rarely use a tripod, this time was the must of opportunities to do so. Very faint lights, long exposures are all the reasons for it. The Caverns are truly unbelievable as one could actually spend days, the “wows” never stop even more so when finding out how it all came about. It has been a combination that took over 250 millions of years, with first the formation of a reef hundreds of feet thick, behind it all at the same rate limestone and sandstone were deposited, eventually all tumbled down, mountains rising, and through more millions of years the caves slowly formed. I have linked a very interesting synopsis of it's formation on the Journal. So that was a couple days ago as we are now back to “The Oasis”, has been 24 hrs of doing nothing in fear of breaking the present sound of silence surrounding us. It is a bit warm, 94 this afternoon, it seems we are always a bit too early for cooler weather. Enjoy the Caverns...
    Be well... always.
    Ara & Spirit

The return to the Oasis. Texas

Maybe it is a good thing I am devoting much time writing my Book as I have totally lost the sense of days and time. Sleeping when needed, eating when hungry, only slowly putting things away here such as camping gear being reorganized, only soon I know repacking to go on into the Parks. The weather finally these past couple of days has been bearable during the afternoons as even hitting 100, the dry heat in the shade has made it pleasant. Long sleeve already a must as soon as the Sun goes into hiding, maybe after all we did not get here too early. All is the same here, and yet so different from everywhere we have been. The vegetation has overgrown, I like it that way, it will keep the “normal” vehicles away. A couple rides into Alpine and one already into Marfa only because of my mixing of days, always a good lunch at “The Food Shark” as it was my compensation for being out on the wrong day for a Dog Show in Alpine put up by the local SPCA. My discipline is paying off as I watch the Sun dicate the time spend writing. It has been an interesting concept to do so, specially when going back in time as I am not today who I was then, no one truly is. Much cooking, of the healthy kind, posted a Mango Salsa recipe on the Journal which is one of my favorite toppings.
    “Onward” as a friend of mine always says...

Be Safe and well
    Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

10% Angel 90% Hooligan demenshea's Avatar

I am in constant awe of your amazing photography....BRAVO Ara!!!
    “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment." Papa-Ken

Ride Like a Girl
    Travel Blog for Riders

Quote Originally Posted by demenshea View Post
    I am in constant awe of your amazing photography....BRAVO Ara!!!

The feeling is mutual my Friend. I figured for as much as I shoot, just about every day, eventually it gets better!!! . Plan Sho Low maybe end of October!!! Do some serious cooking... unless snow!

Be Safe and well
    Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

A bit wealthier today... TX

Again we missed an early morning ride. Our days are a bit upside down. Staying up too late while writing, waking up also past nine just is not doing it. By the time breakfast is over, a walk with Spirit, feeding him, should skip my e mails but I don't, it becomes noon. Fortunately the weather is I have to call it “perfection” and being out riding in the afternoon now has become enjoyable these past few days. Everything on my mental and physical checklist is doing well, no crisis, I would almost go as far as saying “nothing exciting”, but the fact alone to be alive and be here is “exciting”. And yet today I am going to do something I have not done in four years. I am sending in an old dear watch to be repaired as for these couple to three coming months I feel the need to wear one if I want to have this book written “now” and not much later. That is just how Life in the “Desert” is, should be as it lingers ignoring time and calendars. I am already feeling this pull to move into the Park for a few days at the time, might be able to squeeze in those couple days as we are leaving in exactly 10 days for Bisbee, the oncoming Photo Show which it's Poster has already been published, also in our Journal. One of the better news however is this Book I started reading which I feel every traveler, everyone for that matter, should read. I wrote about it also in the Journal and there will be more... It is a wealth I have found.

Be Safe and well
    Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

A sad bridge, “La Linda”. Texas

“La Linda” bridge is everything I do not care to feel and see. It is a symbol, a man made one that jumps up and stands up for everything I do not believe in. Metal gates up high and locked, cement barriers and a ghost town. Empty dwellings, actually an eerie space as we sat there for a while reliving in my mind what was once before. The ride however, first to Terlingua, then on through the Park, a quick stop in Stillwell, was of a great one even if a bit still on the warm side. A wet bandanna, actually I use a “Buff”, does the trick. I think everyone should have a “Buff”. Multipurpose to cover one's face when cold, a cap when needed, this circular bandana has been a Life saver too often. Not much else is new, sitting a lot, writing this Book away with about 12,000 words into it and the fear that it will be too long! Editing will come later, hopefully will be able to cut some chapters off or have more than one Book! Why not. All is calm as ever here on “The Oasis” and besides some rides I have a real hard time leaving this space. Spirit I think shares my thoughts throughout our daily walks on our trail or on one of the main roads around. I yet have to see a car since we have been here except for our neighbors visiting. Nice! Hope it stays that way.
    Enjoy the ride...

Be Safe and well
    Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

Terlingua and “mind” Bash... TX

Time is moving on and so are the words on the pages of this future book of mine, maybe “books”. What a big time consuming affair and yet a project I am enjoying more and more reliving myself past moments one entry at the time as I am writing it backwards, however will be printed in a normal chronological order.
    In the meantime a couple entries have gone on our Journal. Lance's Birthday has come and passed and their own moments weighing me down with such a force it at times makes me loose my breath. “Terlingua Bash” happened last weekend. Music Jams all over town as we witnessed (Spirit likes Music also... and the attention!) such incredible talents back to back with no rest, free for the listener within a Family type environment, as the expression says “egos are left at the door...”. A gathering of “Pirates” at “Passing Winds” and the grand finale, the Sunset overlooking the Chisos, an exceptional one, one I would have not missed for anything. Mother Nature was generous that evening, when will Photographers understand that the only Photoshop needed is patience, admiration and more patience? A couple entries later, here we are on a Monday, preparing to leave for Bisbee, Arizona, on Wednesday for the opening of our Show at Panterra Gallery Saturday evening. Maybe we can see some of you's there...

Be Safe and well
    Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

10% Angel 90% Hooligan demenshea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beemerchef View Post
    A couple entries later, here we are on a Monday, preparing to leave for Bisbee, Arizona, on Wednesday for the opening of our Show at Panterra Gallery Saturday evening. Maybe we can see some of you's there...

Be Safe and well
    Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit

Congratulations Ara!!! I do hope you get a book or books written soon. It's hard to imagine your book without gorgeous glossy photos. Will it be stories and photos??

Wish i could be there for the opening. Bisbee is one place I have missed visiting yet in my travels and one place I desire going!! I hope the two of you have a marvelous time and again CONGRATS!!!
    “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment." Papa-Ken

Ride Like a Girl
    Travel Blog for Riders

Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23 48 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 98 ... LastLast

Thread Information