Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary - Had a Weekend Incident

Crazy Rider - 1000/24/24 motowriter's Avatar

Re: Preliminary Crash Info - Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Fast_Far
    I also spoke with Donna today, and along with the other posted info, it sounds like Gary is going to be good as new in a few weeks/months whatever...we want pics of the gear and the helmet you were wearing, and we want whatever story you can come up with to make it all sound bitchin' instead of scary...

As for the bike, it belongs to the insurance company now, let them go get it and pay for the storage...you hear me Gary...DO NOT TRY TO FIX THE 'STROM...it's been wrecked and will no doubt have a salvage title and become parts or somebody else's problem...time for a new something-or-other...get two, one for the paved roads and one for Nevada...
    Wellll, as y'all may have noticed, I'm working my way through this thread to say thanks for the messages and to reply as needed. As to the bitchin tale... I'll get to it, pix and all. Or as much as I can remember of it (Donna prolly has a better recollection of my "bitchin").

Yeah, if I can work it out I might just look to get 2 bikes. An older affordable KLR would be perfect, and might even be light enough to train for jumping, as Papa Ken suggested!

As to impound fees, I really need to inquire with Progressive tomorrow. The contradictory experiences people are relating here has me worried that I really DO need to get the bike myself. Hmmmm....

Crazy Rider - 1000/24/24 motowriter's Avatar

Re: Gary - Had a Weekend Incident

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerdale
    Dang Gary for a busted up ol guy, you sure are banging out a lot of text with one hand! Good to see you posting away!
    Ummm, wellll, the fingers on my right hand are not wrapped, but don't tell anyone I'm using that hand!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Ummm, wellll, the fingers on my right hand are not wrapped, but don't tell anyone I'm using that hand!!
    I promise not to tell anyone, especially on this forum. Hate to think what Donna might do if she found out what you're doing!
    "The key to life is to die young, at a very old age"

"Ride like you own the road, and one day the road will own you"

Ha Ha, what he failed to mention is he came to work for most of the day, & was productive. Just goes to show you can't keep a good man down.

And as for my comment to Gary about what I would have done, well 40 years of it, many spills in the dirt, teach you what you can get away with.... well, most of the time anyway.

In this case, Gary made the right decision, based on everything that was logged in his brain from his experience & everything he has done.

It is always easy to sit back and be the Monday Morning Quarterback, being the Sunday MC Rider is what it is really all about. Everyone can always 2nd guess what you did, but they weren't there.

Let me tell you, it was a great relief to see him walk in the door at work today with a smile on his face and just the wrist support.

Although, he did try really hard to get sympathy from anuyone that would listen, wanted someone to bring him coffee...........

Waiting for all the pic's to come out of the camera, since he still has the camera
    Bill (SklyWag)
    There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Gary,

I've been reading and reading and reading, looking for my post, when I suddenly realized that I hadn't made one!!!!

I'm so thankful to see that you are mostly okay and will heal quickly. My daughter broke her wrist in a similar way 5 weeks ago. (Similar break that is....don't mean that she broke her wrist dirt riding!) She was finally able to hold a pen and write again last week. Do what they docs say, those wrist breaks can be challenging later on down the road if you don't let it fully heal.

Though I didn't ride when I lived in Reno, I did learn very quickly that you can find yourself isolated and alone remarkably quickly, and not far from the "big" city at all!

I still have friends up there. If there is anything you might need, I'd be happy to help if I can.

Those Stroms are tough little hombre's aren't they?

Take care,
    ~Mike

Quote Originally Posted by nodaclu
    ...Those Stroms are tough little hombre's aren't they?

Take care,
    ~Mike
    Seems like the Rees are even tougher yet...at least Gary didn't get totaled...and let's hear it for Canon too...they do make a Digi-SLR that can take a lickin and keep on clicken...

glad to hear you're out of the hospital and the insurance company is picking up the tab on the bike.
    remember to take it easy.
    "The purpose of Law in our time is to create a web in which the common man cannot live without being guilty of some crime." - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by SklyWag
    Although, he did try really hard to get sympathy from anuyone that would listen, wanted someone to bring him coffee...........
    Hell, he did this all for sympathy...
    So to speak...

Dangerous Curves

Rocky Mountain High (low) bonedoctor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m0t0-ryder

Anyway...
    Take it easy.
    Take the drugs.
    Learn how to spell ambidextrous.

John
    I'd give my left hand to be ambidextrous. (My dad would always say that).
    Don't be breakin' no bones!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911
    ...remember to take it easy.
    Gary take it easy?

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are...

...I predict he will slow down, until he gets back on a bike and the bod don't hurt no more...kinda like me...

Thread Information