Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful. A Pashnit Tour of Coastal California.

Name
    Kevin
    Bike(s)
    BMW Rockster

Re: Beautiful. A Pashnit Tour of Coastal California.

Quote Originally Posted by the mad otter
    You must be talking about the guy that won motocross races and desert hare 'n hounds on his sportster??? The guy that left a girl broken hearted by his lack of attention in every city/town across America? The guy whose entire dialogue was encapsulated in one paragraph, and mumbled at that? That guy??? Can anybody spell "H O L L Y W O O D"? Great show...never missed an episode.

I have noticed that there are a great number of members of this forum that have never hooked up with the Two Tims for one of their tours...You are missing out big time! It is so much fun to ride together, sharing the corners and the views, then sitting around at the end of the day over a beer talking story. I heartily suggest taking advantage of the Tims vast storehouse of knowledge about California roads, not to mention their heartfelt comaraderie. You will never find a better pair to share the roads with.

Alan (Tim 3)
    I echo Alan's sentiments. I have had the honor of attending 5 Pashnit Tour's. Some may ask, why would you go on the same tour over and over again? Each tour, with new people and riding at different times of the year, make each a different ride. The amount of returning clients confirm the thoughts and experience of a Pashnit Tour.

Come join!

Kevin (Tim 4)
    Kevin
    BMW K1200S
    The Ride is On!

Name
    Joe
    Bike(s)
    both dirt and street

WINNAR! this is an AWESOME shot! it's hard to find that perfect lighting and perfect atmosphere to pull this one off.

i got one similar....just in portrait fashion...

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Not sure anyone reads any e-zine's, but article I wrote for C&K Magazine just came out. Sorta reads like a Press Release, but good info if not familiar.
    http://www.ck-magazine.com/PastIssue...tml?getpage=44

Name
    Henry
    Bike(s)
    Kawasaki ZX10R

Since we're talking online magazines, here's an article on my Kawasaki H2 tracker project...

ON THE RIGHT TRACK
    Story and photos by Reid Libby

It is a motorcycle that commands your attention. Whether you see it at a gathering of the faithful, surrounded by a knot of primped and preened machines, or catch the bumblebee rasp of its exhaust on the street, this diminutive two-wheeler literally makes you look.

The low, lean lines of a flat track racer lend themselves neatly for use on the street. Light weight and agile, this style of bike is just the thing for a surreptitious urban blast or an afternoon of dicing in some twisty So .Cal. canyon. You might even get the urge to race it, which was the original intention of Henry Hester, a San Diego fabricator and flat track fan.

Hester’s nifty 750 started life as a Kawasaki Mach IV, a two-stroke, street triple, and was modified extensively over a three-year period to end up in its present form. Along the way, the focus of the project changed when the two tracks near Hester’s residence closed down. Undaunted, he proceeded to give the Kawi the necessary bits needed to do its sliding on asphalt rather than on the “blue groove.”

With the Mach IV nearly complete, Hester had a change of heart and offered the stunning bike up for bid on Ebay. Bob Atol, a long-time rider and enthusiast who resides in the foothills north of L.A., was the successful bidder and was quite pleased with his new acquisition. As a dentist, Atol is accustomed to precision workmanship, and the ex-Hester trackster was a project that he could relate to.

For more on this story, pick up a current issue of FREE 2 WHEEL at your local dealer, or use the handy order form page found on our web site.
    2006 ZX10 Smart Bomb
    Seat cowl, 2CT Michelins, Gear Indicator, SpeedoHealer, ZeroG screen, A&R Race Baffles, Vortex Gearing -2/+3, Pazzo shorties, Helibars, ridden by Fadi.

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Bob
    Bike(s)
    BMW

Looks like a lot of fun. Just what I am looking to get out and do. I plan on signing up for one of the group rides soon. Something that is hard for me to do is stop and take photo's. I am an agressive rider - comes from those days of racing. I do not push it so hard to endanger someone or myself but love those twisties. Well maybe someday we will ride together.

Name
    Bill
    Bike(s)
    Suzuki M109r

Superbo!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Los Angeles

Name
    Henry
    Bike(s)
    Kawasaki ZX10R

Look at Tim! Lookin' good with no makeup! Next time, I'll demand you do one for me!! Great job!

2006 ZX10 Smart Bomb
    Seat cowl, 2CT Michelins, Gear Indicator, SpeedoHealer, ZeroG screen, A&R Race Baffles, Vortex Gearing -2/+3, Pazzo shorties, Helibars, ridden by Fadi.

Name
    Alan
    Bike(s)
    '12 BMW R1200GSA

Bill...those are wonderful portraits.
    It would be nice to chronical all the participants of Pashnit tours in such an attractive fashion...I have always found that the best images are captured when someone is surrounded by what they love most. Your photos of Tim and James with their respective steeds proves it!
    If you don't like the way that I ride, get out of my rearview mirror!

Name
    Bill
    Bike(s)
    Suzuki M109r

Thanks, guys. I was also struck by how wonderful they both look. Must have been those great miles and meals. And let's not forget the two high-paid assistants, Ron and Jing on the reflector and portable background respectively.
    Los Angeles

Name
    Gary
    Bike(s)
    01 VFR800

Another great post, thanks Tim! Looks like this tour had more riders than some others in the past. Good for you! Wishing you much success in the future both on the road and in cyberspace.

Bill/m109er, those portraits are so money!!! I like Henry Hester's 'behind the scenes' shot of the pro at work in his 'studio.' Very cool.

See ya,

Gary
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Thread Information