Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 700 Miles on a Kawasaki Ninja 250 - A motorcyclist's review

Re: 700 Miles on a Kawasaki Ninja 250 - A motorcyclist's review

Quote Originally Posted by Mantronik
    ...This bike will make the first time rider feel confident that they can handle it and I'm sure it will allow me to continue to learn the ins and outs of riding for years to come (yes I said years, I plan on riding this little bugger for 4 years at which time I will evaluate where I stand and possibly move up)....
    Be sure you go over to www.ninja250.org and read through all the FAQ articles. There is virtually no maintenance you can't do yourself with their FAQ resource available to you. It literally has been pieced together by dozens of experienced riders---all of 'em in love with their ninjas.

I took the MSF beginner class last month after I bought my 2005 Ninja 250.

I really like the bike. It has been forgiving of all my beginner mistakes and is very fun to ride. I ride it knowing that it is what I feel comfortable on and smile a sly knowing smile when folks tell me that I should be riding a larger bike.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm riding the upper neighborhoods of San Diego. The speeds are low under 40mph and the traffic is low, borderline desolate. There are plenty of uphills and downhills, blind turns, culdesacs, stopsigns, and dead ends. Good training ground.

Any San Diego EX250s know of good 40mph traffic-free areas to ride?

Kinda new round here

Wow!! This article has stirred me to hit the road again.

I have ridden the EX250 over 40,000 miles in less than three years and have only recently semi-retired her for a XL883. I recently rode the littlest Ninja round-trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco and was quit comfortable with the ride and ergonomics. Unfortunatly she sprung a small oil leak and a coolant leak as well. Easily fixed but after a prior electrical issue before the trip I discussed the EX250's future with my mechanic, Tommy at Cycle Depot in Eagle Rock, and we decided that for the type and amount of riding I do she is under a lot of pressure to stay reliable and cheap to maintain (adjusting the valves regularly adds up when riding so many miles). After a good bit of consideration I bought the XL883.

I thought about selling her but there is no real resale value, insurance is cheap, and I really have a soft spot for the EX250; my seventh motorcycle in 26 years of riding (I've only owned five cars, all beaters for commuting in inclement weather, for a total cummulative time of about five years). The Ninja is getting a well deserved break by being retired from daily commuting and long road trips. She will be more than happy on the occasional Saturday morning ride up the Angeles Crest where she can scream for morning's worth of twisty, sweeping, fun up to Newcomb's Ranch. The littlest Ninja is fun, some of the most fun I've had on a motorbike in years, and in the end at the last stop on a morning's ride that is what matters most.

Meanwhile, after 26 years of riding half liter sportbikes I'm learning to ride all over again. The XL883 is a totally different style of riding; different powerband, geometry, ergonomics, weight distribution, and even attitude toward the ride itself. It really is like starting over and that is a good thing because while riding the Ninja was some of the most fun I've had on a bike the XL is reminding me what it was like to be 16 years old on my first bike, a CB350, with a grin a mile wide even though I was uncertain of my ability and completely unaware of the life on two wheels that lay ahead of me. That's another story.

Ride what you ride, ride how you ride, ride safe, and don't let anyone convince you that your ride is the wrong ride.

Mick

If someone is going to ride this bike alot, and put 20,000 miles in 14 months, then learn how to work on it yourself. Its very easy and has saved me lots in not paying someone else to do it for me.

I just changed out both tires and did it in my carport with basic tire irons, some handtools, and an air compressor.

I have been told the the engine is very basic and easy to work on. Now that its not my primary transportation I may take your suggestion.

Curvy Road Re: 700 Miles on a Kawasaki Ninja 250 - A motorcyclist's review

I'm a Harley rider, and after seeing this post I'm glad I bought my little EX 250
    this little bike is a great bike to have fun. and whoever says small bikes can't perform just look at my video :

[ame="http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=uYacMc6WF1E"]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=uYacMc6WF1E[/ame]

good job there
    Marco

Nice video!

Kinda new round here

Great article, Tim
    I'm fixing to purchase a 2007 ninja 250 and I was wondering if it comes with a fuel gauge? If not, can one be added?

Thread Information