Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 700 Miles on a Kawasaki Ninja 250 - A motorcyclist's review

Name
    Michael
    Bike(s)
    04 Ninja 250R

Re: 700 Miles on a Kawasaki Ninja 250 - A motorcyclist's review

This makes me want a Ninja 250 more and more as a first bike. Im taking the MSF on May 3,5,6 and looking for a used one soon after.

Great write-up and pictures.

Name
    Keith
    Bike(s)
    XR650L '09 GoldWing

Quote Originally Posted by korax123
    This makes me want a Ninja 250 more and more as a first bike. Im taking the MSF on May 3,5,6 and looking for a used one soon after.

Great write-up and pictures.
    I was looking at a new one and if they hadn't weaseled out of the deal the first guy offered, I would have one. Instead, I went nuts and spent 9000 bucks more and got a ST1300. Lets see... 3 bucks a gallon...$9000 bucks, 3000 gallons, at 60MPG, thats 180,000 miles. but hey, I got hard luggage!

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Bryson
    Bike(s)
    none.... yet!

Hi, I have been interested in learning to ride.... well forever but never really had endorsement from my parents. I am hoping to get started this summer though, and I love the sound of this bike. I just have one question for anyone who owns it and that is: how is the passenger seating? I mean I would like to eventually be able to ride with other people on there but I know that the frame is on the smaller side so I was wondering if it is available/realistic to get someone on there with you for a shorter trip?

Thanks in advance!

Name
    James
    Bike(s)
    1997 GSXR 600 SRAD

Yes you can have a passenger. My wife rides with me into town. For longer trips I have heard that it does pretty well.

I know of riders who have loaded the bike with bags and have gone on long distance trips with no problems.

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Bryson
    Bike(s)
    none.... yet!

Very nice, thank you

Name
    Bob
    Bike(s)
    Honda Silverwing

Just saw a used Ninja 250 at a local dealer. Bike was in great shape and price is small....

If I weighed 60 pounds less, I'd buy one. In fact, I might anyway...what a cool little bike...

Bob

Name
    Keith
    Bike(s)
    Ninja 250

I weigh 220 pounds --- probably 240 in gear. The 250 is great--I have almost 11,000 miles on it now, commuting at 75 to 90 mph most days for 40+ miles one way. She runs great.

Name
    Matt
    Bike(s)
    1978 Honda "Oldwing"

Just in case anyone is wondering - this thread is now #1 on the google search for the Ninja 250 review.
    Pictures from Iraq

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    2007 Ninja 250r

This review basically made my decision to buy a 2007 ninja 250 for me
    My wife bought a yamaha yzf600r as her first motorcycle last year, and I spent this past year contemplating the idea of sharing her enjoyment. Seeing as I am a very "reserved" individual, and am not as driven to harness more horsepower as she is, I picked this bike as my starting point. Essentially hers, as well as the 2 500cc bikes I sat on were just too damn heavy and I was way out of my comfort zone and wondered if I had a prayer - then I sat on this little gem. I give props to an understanding sales rep who advised me that no matter what bike I would walk out of the dealer with, I must be 100% comfortable with it in order to enjoy it. I'm actually proud of myself for sticking with the feeling in my gut rather than listening to that ignorant voice in my head saying get the 500cc

My wife took me for my first 20 miles the other day, running me through some drills to get a feel for it as well as get an idea of what to expect in my training course next week. Afterwards I realized I made the right choice. This bike will make the first time rider feel confident that they can handle it and I'm sure it will allow me to continue to learn the ins and outs of riding for years to come (yes I said years, I plan on riding this little bugger for 4 years at which time I will evaluate where I stand and possibly move up). Again, I'm just here to ride for the sake of riding, not to brag about how fast I went in the interstate!

So, for all the people wondering how to start like I was 3 days ago, go with your gut feeling, just because its a 250cc and people say oh you won't be happy with it go bigger, do what YOU believe is right for YOU!

Oh and Hi everyone! First post wwwweeeee!

Playing the low notes... z_bassman's Avatar
    Name
    Sean
    Bike(s)
    Relying on others to cage me about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantronik
    ... So, for all the people wondering how to start like I was 3 days ago, go with your gut feeling, just because its a 250cc and people say oh you won't be happy with it go bigger, do what YOU believe is right for YOU....
    Excellent point - do what feels right for you. I've seen more than one person buy a nice big bike and then realize later that it really was too big/powerful. Strength of character comes in when you don't cave to public opinion but do/buy what's right for you.

And welcome!!

"A sunny day on a motorcycle in Tuscany...does not suck."
    -Orson
    http://zbassman.blogspot.com/

Thread Information