Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Busa "Hump Mod"- in a kit!

Busa "Hump Mod"- in a kit!

Sweet setup- this is exactly how I did mine (I just got the peices seperatley):

http://humpmod.ig-enter.com/
    No backup plan, no second chance- no one else to blame.

Re: Busa "Hump Mod"- in a kit!

John - I almost missed this post. So many threads piling up so quickly! this is an awesome link to help out the busa owners on this board. About time somebody finally did something like this and put together a quick little website since the busa community is constantly talking about this mod. I've wanted to do this one for awhile. Will have to order these things and get this done. Did you find this site on one of the busa boards?

Hey, Tim,

Thanks for ordering. Nice to get an order from a famous guy!

Months ago I went through so much frustration trying do the hump mod, that I said to myself "There gotta be an esier way". So, I contacted the manufacturer, and tried a lot of different things to finally come up with something simple, effective, reliable, easy to use, and inexpensive. Tried it on my bike for a couple of months, and on my buddies bike, and was good to go.

Actually, my 12 year old daughter is processing the order as I type. So, we are having quite some fun with that.

Ride safe.

Edit: Oh, after I got the order from you, I looked at the stats on my web-site, and saw some traffic coming from your web-site. That's how I got here.
    Isn't the Internet amazing!
    Igor
    '01 Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by IG.
    Hey, Tim,

Thanks for ordering. Nice to get an order from a famous guy!

Months ago I went through so much frustration trying do the hump mod, that I said to myself "There gotta be an esier way". So, I contacted the manufacturer, and tried a lot of different things to finally come up with something simple, effective, reliable, easy to use, and inexpensive. Tried it on my bike for a couple of months, and on my buddies bike, and was good to go.

Edit: Oh, after I got the order from you, I looked at the stats on my web-site, and saw some traffic coming from your web-site. That's how I got here.
    Isn't the Internet amazing!
    Welcome Igor - funny thing about this particular mod - it's been such a common question on the busa boards, but no one really seemed have the answer. Finally, someone steps up to the plate and offers this to everyone! Good for you Igor - we all needed that. I hope you sell a steady stream of these things. Been wanting something like this since I got this thing - have always been a real sucker for the nickle & dime $10 mods. Couple bucks here and there - can't pass it up!

And look for more traffic - once I get these things and get it all done up, I'll be adding it too the Pashnit Busa Mods page. This particular page gets alot of traffic, for example ---> clicky here

Make sure you post in the vendor section on the busa boards already - maybe you have, but I hadn't seen it anywhere. Mine as well hit eBay too, I occasionally canvas the random stuff there too to see if any new products have come out.

Quote Originally Posted by pashnit
    Welcome Igor - funny thing about this particular mod - it's been such a common inquiry on the busa boards, but no one really seemed have the answer. Finally, someone steps up to the plate and offers this to everyone! Good for you Igor - we all needed that. I hope you see a steady stream of these things. Been wanting something like this since I got this thing - a have always been a really sucker for the nickle & dime $10 mods. Couple bucks here and there - can't pass it up!

And look for more traffic - once I get these things and get it all done up, I'll be adding it too the Pashnit Busa Mods page. This particular page gets alot of traffic, for example ---> clicky here
    Thanks, Tim.

You know, only now I realized why I was getting so few orders (I have advertisement on Hayabusa.org for a few weeks now). I think because having that extra space on the bike is more important to those who do more touring, and not just trips to the strip, or in town riding.

Yep, I did the example, and see your point.

Hey, if the business takes off, I will gladly contribute $$ to your site.
    Igor
    '01 Hayabusa

Looks like you found him Tim- I'm traveling and been off the web for a couple days. It was from the SHO board.
    No backup plan, no second chance- no one else to blame.

Is there really that little room in the tail of the Busa?? I have a TL and my trunk is like the Buick of motorcycles.

Just a curious kid,wantin' to know.

But,I've always thought of my TL as the Busa's v-twin little brother cause of the hump.
    Got sun? Will ride.
    give me a call
    619-807-1713

John,

There is room, but after you throw there, the alarm box, PC, tool kit, and a few other small item, that's it. I got to the point where I couldn't even squeeze a couple of AA batteries. Needless to say, to take something out, you have to unload half of the stuff.

I also carry cycle pump with me (you know the one advertised in the magazine), so that extra space comes really handy.

I am also curious, is your hump closed on the inside with a panel and 4 bolts like the 'Busa's, or opened.
    Igor
    '01 Hayabusa

The TL has I pin in the front that is connected to the locking system,and a lip i nthe back that fits under a recieving end. That's how my hump is held on.I just snapped a pic of the underside if it with my cameraphone.I'll post it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Got sun? Will ride.
    give me a call
    619-807-1713

Here's the inside of my trunk
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Got sun? Will ride.
    give me a call
    619-807-1713

Thread Information