Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: June 2004 Central Cali Weekend Guided Tour Pics

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

June 2004 Central Cali Weekend Guided Tour Pics

On a fantastic Friday morning, bunch of riders met for a Pashnit Motorcycle Tour of the Central Coast of California.

Andy, the fearless leader of SouthBayRiders.com rode along with us. Also joining us from SBR was George & Raghu and also Darryl too.

I got to Saratoga pretty early, about 6:45 AM, so I figured I'd get some riding in before the group got there, left my house at 4 am! Rode 180 miles to meet everyone.

So ran up 9 to get some shots, which was a bit difficult since it was very busy, lotsa traffic.

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE of the Pashnit Motorcyle Tour

The infamous Highway 9 in the Santa Cruz Mountains

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    Meeting in Saratoga... 14 Bikes!! And what an eclectic mix of bikes and people! (in no particular order)

Andy, who never stopped smiling, helped with the photography and rode to Santa Cruz with us. Andy is also the fearless leader of the South Bay Riders Message Board

Last edited by pashnit; 10-17-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    The riders...

Welcome to Pashnit Motorcycle Tours in California!!! Your tour guide for today...

Pashnit on the Hayabusa

Tim w/ girlfriend Becky

Thus far, I've been unable to stereotype the type of rider that does this sort of thing. Riders have come from all walks of life, all experience levels, and ages from 24 to 58. While the previous tour had some newbie riders just getting started, this tour had some very experienced riders who came to ride! That feeling of child-like glee though has been the same throughout!

Darryl & myself. Poor Darryl has tried to go on the last two rides and both times had something come up at the last minute and wasn't able to ride the weekend. Was pleasantly surprised to have him along for this morning ride.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    Bill & his wife Meiko. Bill heads a small software company (gaming I think) and they used to live in Japan for quite a few years. They've traveled extensively and even done quite a long ride across the United States on the LT.

Steve was just getting back into motorcycling as his kids are all grown and it's time to ride. Steve is trying to get his Harley buddies to come along on the next ride with him! Come one, come all!!

The owner of that nifty GTS1000- Bob rode all the way down from Oregon and covered 2100 miles by the time he got back home.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    Dusty & his new FJR who rode with us for the day and hosted our Barbecue. Dusty works for a graphic design firm, and is also an avid painter. Huge paintings adorn the walls of his place. He also has a website of DustyDavis.com

Immanuel, who was also on the NorCal Ride last month. We mounted the SportBikeCam on his bike as you can see!

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    Somehow, Ed escaped my camera lens. However he had such a beautiful bike, couldn't help but take a few. Ed rode up from LA and has helped out with several webpages, writing text and shooting pictures for the pashnit.com site. Highway 190 is one of them.

Ed is a Tow Boat Captain (yes, you read that correctly) and has 4 boats that operate out on the ocean in various capacities.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    After the safety brief, we started riding twisties 30 seconds later (literally!!! ) Up Hwy 9 into the Santa Cruz Mountains turning onto Hwy 236. Now this is a fun road, mega-twisty, and much of it no center line. Several of the tour participants had never seen redwoods before. The locals all take it for granted, but they are always impressive!

Andy and I really took off when we hit Hwy 236. I guess you could say it was a little like dancing, just with motorcycles. That was a spirited ride shall we say. Andy shooting pics, and I shooting video.

Bill moving along with Mieko on the back. Quite a few riders were rather surprised how deftly he could move this bike through the corners!

Kevin on the FJ1200

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    Once at Big Basin, Andy was demonstrating proper photo shooting techniques. Here's George (Redman) and Kevin looking on.

Bill and Darryl checking out the GPS system on Ken's LT. Yes, that a small computer screen built into the tank.

Bikes, Bikes, Bikes - too much fun!!!

The group in Big Basin. Miles of smiles.

L to R, Ken, George (Redman), Jim, Kevin, Bob, Bill, Meiko, Steve, bottom: Becky, Tim, Immanuel, Tim (pashnit), Shawn, and some goof that just showed up. Darryl was taking pic, and Ragu had to take off after we headed up 9. Darryl and George (Redman) rode with us down Empire Grade to Santa Cruz and then had to head back.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    Afterwards we headed down to Santa Cruz on Empire Grade. Andy shot this of Yours Truly (pashnit) with the rear mount SportBikeCam. A shot of the Busa and I headed through the twisties. While Andy was shooting pictures, I was shooting video with the video camera you can see there.

Once in Santa Cruz, the local riders headed for home. Thanks again Andy, great shot!!

In Carmel, Immanuel decided to try out the SportBikeCam Mount and also shoot some video of the tour.

How many riders does it take to bolt on a SportBikeCam mount?

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa
    This is one of my favorite signs. Years ago, I stopped here and shot this photo which I have always had a fondness for. You can see why! There are very few signs like this anywhere in the state!

My original photo from bygone days:

The sign has changed a bit, but not the excitement of seeing it !!! :thumbup The group parked here and took a breather while taking a bunch of pics.

One more...

The view from our spot on Hwy 1. After this, we left Carmel and headed south. The Big Sur Coastline is often considered one of the most beautiful rides in the world!

Thread Information