Thread: FI problem finally fixed...

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

FI problem finally fixed...

Been a persistent problem with the Fuel Injection on the Hayabusa, but unknown as to what was causing the FI light to come on randomly. Ntm my first FI bike so a first for me.

FI light comes on after long day of riding, and motor experiences momentary throttle surges. Tried turning the bike off (while riding) and restarting. This turned the FI light off for awhile, and it'd magically run fine. Then it'd start up again. Stumped. Finally brought the bike to Good Times Kawasaki in Sacramento and dumb problem had simple solution.

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) was not set properly, and so mechanic reset it and bike is supposed to run fine now. Time will tell if this fixed the problem.

Name
    NorCalBusa
    Bike(s)
    Duh?

Re: FI problem finally fixed...

Did that solve it?

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Jury's still out. Actually the bike has been parked since got it back from mechanic. It's in pieces right now with no bodywork since been fiddling with a bunch of winter mods. Adding heated grips, speed-o-healer, new screen, and I think I'm going to have to disable the Priority Lites module. Since the turn signals are always on, the heat from the bulbs keep melting the lights. Now on my 2nd set of Lockhart Phillips flushmounts. No sense in going through a 3rd. And have a new custom seat on the way from Tobin !! Wanted to have it all back together by next week, but looking more like turn of the year. I think getting back on it is quite a rush after not riding it for awhile. The busa is like that.

Name
    George
    Bike(s)
    08 Triumph Sprint ST

Quote Originally Posted by pashnit
    Jury's still out. Actually the bike has been parked since got it back from mechanic. It's in pieces right now with no bodywork since been fiddling with a bunch of winter mods. Adding heated grips, speed-o-healer, new screen, and I think I'm going to have to disable the Priority Lites module. Since the turn signals are always on, the heat from the bulbs keep melting the lights. Now on my 2nd set of Lockhart Phillips flushmounts. No sense in going through a 3rd. And have a new custom seat on the way from Tobin !! Wanted to have it all back together by next week, but looking more like turn of the year. I think getting back on it is quite a rush after not riding it for awhile. The busa is like that.
    Tim, might be time to toss in a set of LED lamps for those turn sigs - you'll have less of a heat problem (try 'none'!), plus the 'instant-on' nature of LED's makes them more noticable than incandescant bulbs (especially those itty-bitty aftermarket ones!). You'll of course have to get a turn signal blinker module that works with LED's (the current draw isn't enough to 'trigger' a stock blinker module) but that feature may be integrated with the Priority Lites mod already.
    ---- PASHNIT NATION SCOUTING CORPS ----

Thread Information