Thread: Seat upholstery?

Seat upholstery?

A few months ago our pastor (who gave me the Burgman 400 and got me into the wonderful world of riding) took the back rest off his Majesty which left two ugly holes in the seat. I offered to have the seat reupholstered for him and he is finally letting me do it, because he will be away for a week and not riding. Does anyone know a shop around Modesto CA that would do a good job?

Re: Seat upholstery?

isn't corbin seats up around that area? hollister?
    "The purpose of Law in our time is to create a web in which the common man cannot live without being guilty of some crime." - Ayn Rand

As far as I know, Corbin only does their own seats...any upholstery shop should be able to handle it, check the yellow pages and make some calls, as well, call the local moto-shops/dealers and see if they can recommend someone.

If all else fails, De Santis Leather at 3013 El Camino in Sacramento can do pretty much anything with leather. 916-482-5004

Good luck and let us know if you find a great shop. Quality work is worth sharing...

I had Eduardo's Eduardos Upholstery - (559) 268-1817 - 395 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA re-do mine and he did an excellent job for a very reasonable price. The lines and stiching are spot on!
    Swankster
    Sorry, but in my humble opinion:
    "THE ONLY GOOD RIDE IS A FAST ONE". Followed by a cold one of course.

In Modesto, Watson Bros downtown (where Scenic ends, by Savemart) are good. Had them do some car seats and a backrest for the Bandit on separate jobs... they do very good work, but you'll find that they're a bit on the expensive side.

If you want top quality, they're a good choice. If you're after budget work, anyone in the phone book will probably do.
    Marko

"Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

[QUOTE=marko]In Modesto, Watson Bros downtown (where Scenic ends, by Savemart) are good. Had them do some car seats and a backrest for the Bandit on separate jobs... they do very good work, but you'll find that they're a bit on the expensive side.

Thanks Marko, I work on Oakdale by Briggssmore so will check out Watson Bro tomorrow. I want a good job done and worth paying a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by marko View Post
    In Modesto, Watson Bros downtown (where Scenic ends, by Savemart) are good. Had them do some car seats and a backrest for the Bandit on separate jobs... they do very good work, but you'll find that they're a bit on the expensive side.

If you want top quality, they're a good choice. If you're after budget work, anyone in the phone book will probably do.
    Thanks Marko! I brought the seat in late afternoon on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and it was ready the next day! The quality of work was excellent and at $75 I did not consider it too expensive. My friend is very pleased and says he feels like he is riding on a pillow. I would recommend this place and the owner was very nice.

Sweet!!

Glad you got a good price. I've never heard but good things about their work. (and my experiences have been all positive)

Marko

"Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Thread Information