Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: This outta tick you off....

Name
    Brandon
    Bike(s)
    2006 Yamaha Majesty

This outta tick you off....

Check this out. A police chase involving a cop and a motorcyclist with a passenger. The cop initiates the chase and the guy runs. That was wrong. What is really wrong is when a second cop joins in the chase, he intentionally runs into the motorcyclist! You can tell he was wrong because of his in dash cam and also the other cop saying, "What were you thinking!?!!?"

http://www.star-telegram.com/629/story/346744.html
    It is not image or prestige that makes a difference, but true enjoyment of the ride.

Name
    James
    Bike(s)
    1996 Honda Valkyrie

Re: This outta piss you off!!

oh my god! I'm happy believing that most peace officers are well trained and exceptionally behaved. Too bad to hear about this case, though. Glad the (stupid for running from the cops) kid and passenger are all right.

Name
    Peter
    Bike(s)
    '99 Honda VFR 800

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you bore me
    Wandering and not lost (mostly)

Name
    J
    Bike(s)
    Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by waterinthefuel View Post
    ...But, what is really wrong is when a second cop joins in the chase, he intentionally runs into the motorcyclist!!! You can tell he was wrong because of his in dash cam and also the other cop saying, "What were you thinking!?!!?"
    For goodness sake, he ran when all he might have wanted was to tell him a fix-it or maybe a helmet thing ticket. The last time I got pulled over on my bike, that was all it was about. I had the sticker in my wallet, thinking to put it on next time out, but forgot. Showed the officer,the sticker, the valid registration, got down, put the sticker on and rode away. No harm, no ticket, nothing.

I watched both videos. I don't see it as intentionally running into the motorcyclist. He turned the corner at too high a speed, overshot his lane, tried to get back into his own lane. The motorcyclist speeding straight toward a car at 100+ mph, by the look of it, saw a car in his lane, swerved into the oncoming traffic lane to avoid the cop, but that was where the cop was also going, trying to get back into his own lane and whammo. He even hit the curb as he was trying to make the corner and then failed to correct in time.

The police officer who came upon the motorcyclist or his passenger runs past and yells out, "What were you thinking?". But to my mind, he was yelling at the runner. You ran away through stop sign after stop sign and you are carrying a passenger at over 100 mph (the police officer couldn't even get close to catching up with him during the chase and we hear the officer's car maxing out). He couldn't even see what happened because he was so far behind the chase.

On other video's, I have often seen an officer yell at a runner, "What were you thinking!?" and that was usually after the runner plowed into an oncoming car or a pedestrian and the officer usually yells that as he is cuffing the suspect.

What pisses me off is that he ran, with the girl hanging on for dear life. To me, its one thing when you take your own life on a motorcycle, but an entire new story when you decide to race through stop sign after stop sign with someone else's child on the pillion.

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    BMW R1150RT, Triumph Sprint ST

Re: This outta tick you off....

It is to bad for the passager for sure, but the way that A-hole was driving he was likely to kill someone. That video didn't show me an intentional hit.
    Mark

Name
    Bill
    Bike(s)
    Harley Davidson 2003 Sportster 1200 Custom, 2006 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic

Doesn't tick me off at all. The passenger & the Police Officer are the victims in this case
    Bill (SklyWag)
    There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Name
    Josef
    Bike(s)
    98' BMW r1100r (Ol'

Sorry I'll have to go with the majority in this case.
    Saw no indication of an intentional hit by the LEO.
    Why didn't the A-hole on the bike stop to begin with?

So in conclusion, it's the bikers fault 100%. (IF) The LEO took him out, it was to protect everyone else on the road, by the looks of it there were enough people out and about to justify a take down.

Moral, DON'T RUN!!! How bad can a ticket really be???

Name
    James
    Bike(s)
    Suzuki GSX650F

Bet he won't run from the cops again.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by j2x View Post
    oh my god! I'm happy believing that most peace officers are well trained and exceptionally behaved.
    Depends on where the officer is from. Many of the dash cam stuff you see on TV is shot in the south/east (like La ) and from tiny LEO agencies. Some of the southern LEOs are....ummm, a bit undertrained.

All in all, excrement occurrs. The bad guy would not have been in that position had he simply decided to pull over. He gets zero sympathy from me.
    Matthew 7: 21-27
    "There is no smaller package in the world that that of a person all wrapped up in himself." William Sloane Coffin, Jr.

Name
    Dave
    Bike(s)
    1994VFR750

I believe there is a lawsuit about this right now?

Cops claimed he a ran a red light.

Thread Information