Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to use this forum... Posting pics & other things

I Miss my Bonneville... Sbyllek's Avatar
    Name
    Kelly
    Bike(s)
    Hubby's bike

Re: How to use this forum... Posting pics & other things

When you insert a photo using the paperclip icon above the message box it places the photo number between the word "ATTACH" in brackets.
    You can then use your curser to add text above or below the photo by typing above or below the "[ATTACH]#####[/ATTACH]"
    And if that didn't make sense try looking here
    Hope that helped!
    Language is the apparel in which our thoughts parade before the public.
    Never clothe them in vulgar or shoddy attire.

Name
    JOHN
    Bike(s)
    Honda Goldwing 1800

Thank you all i think i have it sorted now with all the replies ,, just need to refine it a bit John UK
    Ride Safe Ride Far And Return.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

John - you can also fiddle around in the 'testing forum' with this nifty feature to the software. Let me know if you need any more help.

Start a new thread there in the testing forum, upload a couple small pics, then hit the 'paperclip icon' and they will appear in the text box. as the [attach] links. Then you can write in text below or above them.

Name
    JOHN
    Bike(s)
    Honda Goldwing 1800

Will try that one later this weekend no work on hol hope to get bike out as well. Full Moon this side frosty start to day ,maybe ok to ride mid day , took some pics today will post later,, thanks for help ,, John UK
    Ride Safe Ride Far And Return.

Joe
    Name
    Joe
    Bike(s)
    BMW K1200LTC

When viewing all post or new post, the start a new thread button is not shown! You must select a forum (General, Motorcycle Photography, ect) before the new thread button appears. Can someone explain why one must 1st select a forum before a new thread can be started? Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Joe

Name
    Ken
    Bike(s)
    '81 CB650 - '06 Bandit 650

Quote Originally Posted by rovero View Post
    When viewing all post or new post, the start a new thread button is not shown! You must select a forum (General, Motorcycle Photography, ect) before the new thread button appears. Can someone explain why one must 1st select a forum before a new thread can be started? Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Joe
    It sounds like you're standing in the hall and don't know which room you want to address.......there is no public address system on a forum and you need to define who you want to voice your message to.....
    Basically, if you want to drop in a new message(thread), then all you need do is place it in a category of general interest for your subject.....someone with a question about cameras will get better responses if the thread is directed to the "photography" area than if it was put in "motorcycle maintenance"........

..this help at all ?

Ride the wheels off it VFR Pilot's Avatar
    Name
    Brad
    Bike(s)
    02 Honda VFR, 89 Honda Transalp (RIP) SAG Wagon

Why don't all the threads that were started in the Dual Sports, Dirt Bikes & Adventure Touring Pics Forum show up any more. I was looking for an older thread and it seems that just the newer ones are there
    Life is like a sewer what you get out of it depends on what you put in to it!!!!
    US ARMY Retired Cavalry "VELOX ET MORTIFED"

Name
    Eric
    Bike(s)
    K2 Chtrom, 07 99ty A

Sorry, the answer must be somewhere, but I could not find it. After I started a new thread, how do I change its title, say fix a typo for example?

Name
    Don
    Bike(s)
    07 DL650 V-strom

Quote Originally Posted by Eryx View Post
    Sorry, the answer must be somewhere, but I could not find it. After I started a new thread, how do I change its title, say fix a typo for example?
    Eric, I think if you go to edit the post and click on "go advanced", you should be able to edit the title. But I could be wrong I think I read somewhere in this post you can double click on the title and change it, I have never tried it though.

Don Hopkirk
    Last edited by Don Hopkirk; 03-29-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Eric - the pashnit forum from a usability standpoint is a bit more liberal in what you're able to do compared to other forums.

You can edit your posts and threads at any time, even a year from now. You can change the title of your thread at anytime too. This is actually encouraged, as the better the thread title (one that asks a question for example), the more people will click on it and help you out on what ever your query is. Thread titles that are simply 'Hi' or 'Help' I often change myself to better reflect what the person is in need of.

And as Don mentioned, you simply need to be in the 'go advanced' screen. The forum software has a 'quick edit' screen that is especially handy, but click on the 'go advanced' button to get to all the formatting controls for your post.

If you just need to fix a typo in the text, the 'quick edit' button- the one you see below your post next to the 'quote' button is the one to use.

Also note the forum software we've modified slightly to be heavily slanted toward allowing you to post a zillion pics, and do it quickly and easily. My best guess is there's well over 100,000 pics that've been posted here.

The software will also take superlarge panos- 805 tall x 3600 pixels wide even, but under 200K.

The only thing you cannot do is permanently delete your own threads, although you can 'soft delete' them- meaning only you and mods can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR Pilot View Post
    Why don't all the threads that were started in the Dual Sports, Dirt Bikes & Adventure Touring Pics Forum show up any more. I was looking for an older thread and it seems that just the newer ones are there
    Brad, also note, I've split the single Dual Sport Forum into 4 forums, and typically after I do that, I'll spend a whole bunch of time going through 15 pages of threads, and moving them to the appropriate forum. I did that for an hour or two yesterday of moving, but it's tedious and time consuming, stuff I work on at 2 in the morning sort of thing. When I have more time, I'll work through it more.

If you can't find something specific, let me know and we'll have a looksy.

Name:  screenshot_1.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  32.5 KB
    Last edited by pashnit; 03-30-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Thread Information