Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: "I Dropped my new bike" club. Join for free! Feel better about your mishap!

I'd rather be riding
    Name
    David
    Bike(s)
    BMW K1200GT

Re: "I Dropped my new bike" club. Join for free! Feel better about your mishap!

I know this is the kiss of death putting this in writing, but 9 years, just under 50,000 miles with NO drops - Harley Fat Boy and my current ride BMW K1200GT.

I'll probably drop it this weekend. Check back later!

Dave

Name
    Megan
    Bike(s)
    Thumper RIP F650 GSA

Just got word from Geico. Thumper is totaled May she rest in peace.

SShhh I am at work
    Down but not out
    -Megan

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by gator45 View Post
    I know this is the kiss of death putting this in writing, but 9 years, just under 50,000 miles with NO drops - Harley Fat Boy and my current ride BMW K1200GT.

I'll probably drop it this weekend. Check back later!

Dave
    Never slipped on oil and laid it down? Never forgot the kickstand? You are saying your bike has never been on its side?
    Matthew 7: 21-27

Name
    Harold
    Bike(s)
    08 Kawasaki C14 ABS

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    Just got word from Geico. Thumper is totaled May she rest in peace.

SShhh I am at work
    Megan, not to divert too much from our club subject, but first of all, glad you're ok. Second, now what, will you keep on ridin' or did this episode scare you away from the saddle? If keep on riding, what's next? Another 650GS?

I'd rather be riding
    Name
    David
    Bike(s)
    BMW K1200GT

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Never slipped on oil and laid it down? Never forgot the kickstand? You are saying your bike has never been on its side?
    Nope. I've come seriously close maybe 3 times, but managed to keep it upright each time. Must be all that clean living. Ok, maybe it's just dumb luck!

Name
    Harold
    Bike(s)
    08 Kawasaki C14 ABS

Quote Originally Posted by gator45 View Post
    Nope. I've come seriously close maybe 3 times, but managed to keep it upright each time. Must be all that clean living. Ok, maybe it's just dumb luck!
    ok, if you wish to our club, I'm afraid you'll need to go home and drop your bike immediately. Otherwise, you better start your own "I never dropped my bike" club, and maybe 3 or 4 lucky bastards may join in the next decade or so...

Name
    Rod
    Bike(s)
    Royal Star Venture

I had bought a motorcycle jack a few weeks earlier and used it to raise the bike to clean the wheels (damn spokes). I turned my back and down she went. Seems the jack wasn't quite long enough to catch BOTH frame rails. Cost me new header pipes on eBay.

I've come close to dropping it several times with me on it though. I'm sure one day it'll be faster than I am. Hopefully not soon!

I agree, this will fill up fast.
    Last edited by RosevilleRod; 08-05-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: makes more sense
    When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Name
    Megan
    Bike(s)
    Thumper RIP F650 GSA

Quote Originally Posted by haroldo_psf View Post
    Megan, not to divert too much from our club subject, but first of all, glad you're ok. Second, now what, will you keep on ridin' or did this episode scare you away from the saddle? If keep on riding, what's next? Another 650GS?
    I will be riding again soon. Waiting to hear from insurance how much we will get.
    Hubby had this bookmarked when I got home from work

New friends
    Down but not out
    -Megan

Name
    R
    Bike(s)
    2005 BMW K1200 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Eryx View Post
    I probably hold the Pashnit's record of dumps/miles but what really bugs me is when I start in a turn with a cold engine, and it stalls. I broke two levers like that.
    ~oSÚ
    Eric

Forgive me, for I have sinned. I did the same thing on the RT. In front of Alice's, nonetheless. Cold engine + slight hill + a dash of u-turn = a bruised ego and some really inappropriate language. No broken shifters, and the "Lego" mirror which popped off, popped right back on again. Nice! From now on, warm engine = intact pride. I have more, but that's the most embarrassing.
    One adventure down, and many to go...
    B-52's #6060-842

Name
    Sonny
    Bike(s)
    RC-51, HD 1200 Sportster, Kawasaki z1000

Just dropped my tonight, 2006 Harley sportster. Oh well. Got that out of the way - too much chrome anyway.

35 mph on 4th after king street. Just rained - crossed the tracks at about 20 degrees, big mistake. Lost the front end cleaned the blacktop with my leathers.

Thread Information