Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Air Horns?

Name
    Dave
    Bike(s)
    Honda VFR

Air Horns?

Okay...this may have been visited before, but I really want some air horns on my VFR. Not little honkers either....I want that sucker to peel off paint when I lay into it. Anyone know of a good kit that'll scare the little cagers straight?

Name
    Lyn
    Bike(s)
    V-Star 1100 w/ Hannigan Classic Sidecar

Re: Air Horns?

You can take your pick of everything from horns that will levitate Volkswagens to those that will merely make little old ladies pee on themselves at this site:www.airhornsoftexas.com/

Or.. you can settle for this nice chromed all in one unit from J.C,Whitney now on sale:
    WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn_ J.C. Whitney

Name
    Kim
    Bike(s)
    Yamaha Majesty 400,

There is also the Stebel!! It is pretty much the same as the WOLO, I think!!

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2137

I have this one on my ST and my Maj. I honked at my hubby in his deisel tow truck and he later told me that my horn was really LOUD!!!!!!!
    Kim

Name
    John Peter
    Bike(s)
    Red '91 K75S w/Wilbers damper

Never had one but guys swear by them...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mJ8GX--poU&feature=related"]YouTube - Stebel vs. Stock on FJR1300[/ame]

Name
    Lyn
    Bike(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myhrdly View Post
    There is also the Stebel!! It is pretty much the same as the WOLO, I think!!

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2137

I have this one on my ST and my Maj. I honked at my hubby in his deisel tow truck and he later told me that my horn was really LOUD!!!!!!!
    That link isn't exactly the cheapest deal around although the horn is only $40 then add either $17 or $32 for a mount and $30 more for the wiring kit. That puts it at near $100.

In a previous thread I pointed out that if you're busy dodging cars then you probably won't have time to look for the horn button. I still say that. Motorcycle horns are very seldom useful.

Name
    Kim
    Bike(s)
    Yamaha Majesty 400,

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat101147 View Post
    That link isn't exactly the cheapest deal around although the horn is only $40 then add either $17 or $32 for a mount and $30 more for the wiring kit. That puts it at near $100.

In a previous thread I pointed out that if you're busy dodging cars then you probably won't have time to look for the horn button. I still say that. Motorcycle horns are very seldom useful.
    I didn't put it up to be the cheapest!! Just showing another horn. I didn't buy the mount or the wiring kit, just installed it with my own wires and made my own mount. I wired it to the oem horn button!
    Kim

Name
    Lyn
    Bike(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myhrdly View Post
    I didn't put it up to be the cheapest!! Just showing another horn. I didn't buy the mount or the wiring kit, just installed it with my own wires and made my own mount. I wired it to the oem horn button!
    For what it's worth check the prices on the Air Horns of Texas site. Their cheap kits make these all in one horn's prices look like pocket change but if you want train horns they've got some that will wake the dead and peel paint as well as emptying your bank account.

Name
    Jim
    Bike(s)
    '03 Honda VTX 1800R / '04 V-Strom 650

In regards to a horn being seldom useful, that MAY be, altho I tend to disagree. I have the Stebel on my VTX, and I tell ya, it doesnt take me long to find that horn button, cause my thumb is always ready to lay a blast out there for a deserving cager. I tell ya, this horn sounds like a freight train, and has saved my rear end a couple of times. I just got my second Stebel from Twisted Throttle, and am looking for a good spot on my V-Strom for it. A horn is one of our only lines of defense... I wouldnt be without one.

I do the wiring myself also....the horn comes with the relay, and its quite easy to run some wire. I spent no more than $10 on wire, connectors, etc. I also left the stock horn hooked up with the Stebel. I figure its a backup. The trickiest part is where to mount the bugger.

A guy was merging into me the other day, gave him a good toot, and he was back in his own lane PRONTO...

Name
    Lewis
    Bike(s)
    '07 FJR1300; '03 Gold Wing

Stop by your local Shucks or Pep Boys and pick up a set (1 high tone, 1 low tone) of their electric horns. For ~$30, including the relay, and a little wire everyone will be looking for a BIG 57 Buick when you hit the horn button.
    Lewis
    Medford, OR

Name
    John Peter
    Bike(s)
    Red '91 K75S w/Wilbers damper

www.hornblasters.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMgcvs6kIw8&feature=related"]YouTube - Train Horns Cause Terror On The Streets! Episode 3[/ame]

Thread Information