Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Young Pashnit Riders?

Re: Young Pashnit Riders?

Thanks for all the support.

I really love what you guys are doing here, and I hope by next summer I can go with you guys and explore California and other places.

For now please post more pictures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by masameet View Post
    I absolutely love the name Max!

(It's my cat's name. And the big rascal snuck out the front door earlier today.)

Don't worry. We old people tend to offend much more than you young 'uns. Without even trying!
    Well my full name is Russian, and its Maksim but most of the time people find it hard to pronounce so I just say Max because its more common. If you have seen the movie Gladiator, then my name sounds almost like Maximus in that movie...

Anyway, right now Im just saving for a bike.

I have not researched all the bikes I want yet but so far I really like the

Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Suzuki SV650SF

Yamaha FZ6

Well ok, now I am going to sound like an OLD guy to you. For your first bike think about something that can be dropped without causing you to cry. As we all know we make mistakes especially in the beginning. You might also want to think about a Ninja 250 or similar bike for your first bike. Above all take the MSF course before you hit the road.

Just my 2 cents.

All that said, once you start riding you won't be able to stop smiling.
    Good luck and welcome Max.
    -Rich
    "Get your mind right"

Thanks Richard for speaking up......Please as a new rider listen to these riders. They know what they are talking about. Take the MSF course, and make sure you budget in your full gear!!!!! Make it part of the purchase price of your bike. Good luck and ride safe
    Ride
    Safe......Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Back2bikes View Post
    Well ok, now I am going to sound like an OLD guy to you. For your first bike think about something that can be dropped without causing you to cry. As we all know we make mistakes especially in the beginning. You might also want to think about a Ninja 250 or similar bike for your first bike. Above all take the MSF course before you hit the road.

Just my 2 cents.

All that said, once you start riding you won't be able to stop smiling.
    Good luck and welcome Max.

1.The MSF Course is 0.8 mile away from me at a Sierra Collage in Rocklin. That is first on my list.

2. The Ninja 250 is sold out for the next 10 years. Its really hard to find that bike for some reason, and the used 250's have a jacked up price... Used bikes come with used problems, I would like to start new.

3. My dad had a motorcycle accident when he was 20, he hit the ground hard and was in a coma for 1 month and 15 days, he was lucky he survived and was not brain damaged. So he raised me to be extra careful and thats how I am, always thinking ahead and what would happen instead of why it happened.

4. I read alot of info on first bikes and what to get for the first bike, but it basically comes down to the rider and how hard you twist that throttle. Yes accidents are more prone to happen with a bigger bike because of power and how quickly you can loose it if your not thinking.

5. Gear, after watching 100's of people fall of bikes on youtube, and numerous bike accidents, I decided i would like to keep my skin, so proper gear is my other #1 priority. :P
    Last edited by Sbyllek; 08-11-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Quiet Pipes Save Rights JeffeVerde's Avatar

Re: Young Pashit Riders?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    i'm 20! you'll love it here mate. The guys here might be old in age but after surfing this site for a year or so now, i realized they really are no different than us young guys! though their jokes are sometimes lame
    You just lack the wisdom and experience to appreciate how truly funny our jokes are, Karim But that's okay, we forgive you
    The only cars that can see you-
    are the ones that are trying to hit you

Geoff in San Diego
    '00 BMW R1100 RT
    '00 Suzuki Katana 750
    '96 Honda Helix uberscooter

Quiet Pipes Save Rights JeffeVerde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Back2bikes View Post
    +1 Doesn't need to be a Ninja 250, that's just a popular example. You're looking for something you can easily stand over flat-footed - "relatively" light weight (relative to your size/strength - if you're 6'2", 225lbs, you can muscle around a bigger bike than someone who's 5'2", 98lbs (Amy )), and with horsepower in the neighborhood of 50-70hp.

If you start out with a new bike, you're going to feel really bad when you drop it -- and you will - we all do. Don't worry about "I'll be buying someone else's problems" -- if you take to riding, you'll be replacing it in 6 months -- if you don't take to riding, you'll be glad you didn't take a big loss on a new bike. And besides, fixing mechanical problems is one of the "pleasures" of riding
    Last edited by JeffeVerde; 08-12-2008 at 08:31 AM.
    The only cars that can see you-
    are the ones that are trying to hit you

Geoff in San Diego
    '00 BMW R1100 RT
    '00 Suzuki Katana 750
    '96 Honda Helix uberscooter

Quote Originally Posted by JeffeVerde View Post
    And besides, fixing mechanical problems is one of the "pleasures" of riding
    You only say that because you ride one of those Bimmer thingys!

Max, First let me say welcome to Pashnit. We are a bunch of old folks in age (some of us are reeeeeeeeeeeeeally old, right Law Dawg?) but we are young at heart. Our wives call it "immature" but you get the point. Safety, Safety, Safety! Take it slow and steady and you will have a lifetime of enjoyment in this hobby. Otherwise, +1 to the advice above.
    "The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
    - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Well kudo on the 650R. I love and love it more everyday.
    Last edited by Chocoholic; 08-11-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Am I the youngest here? Im only 18

Show me the twisties! Skywalker's Avatar

you have a very powerful bike there Eric. Be careful.
    "Whoever thinks the pen is mightier than the sword clearly has never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

Thread Information