Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Palos Verdes Drive

  1. #1
    Senior Member EyeOnTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Name
    Dave
    Location
    SoCal
    Bike(s)
    I Want A FJR1300.
    Posts
    516

    Palos Verdes Drive

    I just got back from a fun ride up at Palos Verdes, CA. It even has a few twistys to help keep your tires from getting squared. Utilize Google's "Street View" to have a virtual experience of this fun road. Check out the gain in elevation and the ocean views.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,0.220413&z=13
    Last edited by EyeOnTheSky; 08-23-2008 at 02:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member jonkull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Name
    Jonathan
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Bike(s)
    '73 Triumph
    Posts
    586

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    I sometimes meet a friend for breakfast in Hermosa Beach. We usually do this ride afterwards. This is a fun short ride with decent views. That hill in the 'constant land movement' area freaked me out the first time I went over it (a little too fast). I think I got both tires off the ground.

    It's a shame they're building so much down there...
    Last edited by jonkull; 08-23-2008 at 07:39 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member EyeOnTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Name
    Dave
    Location
    SoCal
    Bike(s)
    I Want A FJR1300.
    Posts
    516

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by jonkull View Post
    I sometimes meet a friend for breakfast in Hermosa Beach. We usually do this ride afterwards. This is a fun short ride with decent views. That hill in the 'constant land movement' area freaked me out the first time I went over it (a little too fast). I think I got both tires off the ground.

    It's a shame they're building so much down there...
    I agree. Check this out for a speed trap in the area:

    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...c973eb06354589

  4. #4
    Junior Member Humbugpsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Name
    Chris
    Location
    OV
    Bike(s)
    FJ 1100
    Posts
    26

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    I used to ride my bicycle around PV twice a week, never did it on a motorcycle though, the cops have LOTS of hiding places you don't notice.

  5. #5
    -o-o-0-o-o- Strega 51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Name
    Phil
    Location
    Bastogne
    Bike(s)
    Tupolev Tu-95
    Posts
    1,913

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    Palos Verdes Drive, been there and just a little movie trivia for ya. A little while back I asked the assistance from Aim's (cybermunk) to help me find a location where a scene was shot for It's a Mad Mad....World this is where they dug up the loot towards the end of the movie my favorite part. I wanted to see if any of the palm trees were still standing. It's on Palos Verdes Drive on what they call Portuguese Bend.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Wanted" dirt roads with no locked gates

  6. #6
    -o-o-0-o-o- Strega 51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Name
    Phil
    Location
    Bastogne
    Bike(s)
    Tupolev Tu-95
    Posts
    1,913

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    A plaque about the grounds, to bad off limits
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Wanted" dirt roads with no locked gates

  7. #7
    -o-o-0-o-o- Strega 51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Name
    Phil
    Location
    Bastogne
    Bike(s)
    Tupolev Tu-95
    Posts
    1,913

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    Well this is all thats left of the four tress that made up the W, the one at a angle is the last remaining tree. (just another I will go anywhere to see something )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Wanted" dirt roads with no locked gates

  8. #8
    Adventures of CATWUMN CybrDva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Name
    Aims
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Bike(s)
    Honda 599
    Posts
    936

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    Why are you calling me chipmunk now??? Next time you are down let's go ride over there. It was rather funny to watch my bro hunting down photos. Remember the dude riding the bike with the MAJOR ape hangers? LOL!
    We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance. ~Harrison Ford

  9. #9
    Tire Killer FASTRICKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Name
    Valentino Ricky
    Location
    Twistyville
    Bike(s)
    06 CBR 1000, 04 Tuono, 00 RC-51, 97 XR 70RA, 70 Z-50, The Holy Grail
    Posts
    956

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by Strega 51 View Post
    Palos Verdes Drive, been there and just a little movie trivia for ya. A little while back I asked the assistance from Aim's (cybermunk) to help me find a location where a scene was shot for It's a Mad Mad....World this is where they dug up the loot towards the end of the movie my favorite part. I wanted to see if any of the palm trees were still standing. It's on Palos Verdes Drive on what they call Portuguese Bend.
    Funny, I have to be at a horse show in Portuguese Bend in two weeks, I'll take my shovel and maybe make some real money for a change! LOL...Lots Of Loot.
    FastRicky

    I lean motorcycles over so far in the turns...I've drug the key.

  10. #10
    -o-o-0-o-o- Strega 51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Name
    Phil
    Location
    Bastogne
    Bike(s)
    Tupolev Tu-95
    Posts
    1,913

    Re: Palos Verdes Drive

    Quote Originally Posted by FASTRICKY View Post
    Funny, I have to be at a horse show in Portuguese Bend in two weeks, I'll take my shovel and maybe make some real money for a change! LOL...Lots Of Loot.
    Rick, take a camera and shoot some pic's if they let you on the grounds. Oh and lets split the loot I need a Desmo GP..
    "Wanted" dirt roads with no locked gates

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 4 wheel drive
    By Steve1962 in forum General Bike Related Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
  2. Drive Systems
    By racer78 in forum Mods, Gadgets & Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 09:33 AM
  3. What do YOU drive?
    By whitelocust02 in forum General Bike Related Topics
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 09:04 AM
  4. napa drive inn
    By alofsac in forum Good Eats & Food Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 07:27 AM
  5. Men vs Women at the Drive Up ATM
    By Owner of Harriet in forum Pashnit Humor
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 05:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •