Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scotland Tours 08/09

Name
    Roger
    Bike(s)
    FJR 1300

Re: Scotland Tours 08/09

Beautiful Garnett... So nice to see your country. I loved how they serve tea. Reminded me of how it was done in Germany. "Books and Beans", now that raises a question or two.
    Now you know an American has to ask and all the girls on the site want to ask, but won't. What do they wear under their kilt???

Nice Bike.... Mr AJ
    I carry a gun, cuz a cop is too heavy...

Name
    JOHN
    Bike(s)
    Honda Goldwing 1800

I will be back.Same pic Portree
    Name:  IMG_2756.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  123.0 KB

Roll on 2010
    Ride Safe Ride Far And Return.

Name
    Garnett
    Bike(s)
    Yamaha FJR1300

Quote Originally Posted by MR.AJ View Post
    Beautiful Garnett... So nice to see your country. I loved how they serve tea. Reminded me of how it was done in Germany. "Books and Beans", now that raises a question or two.
    Now you know an American has to ask and all the girls on the site want to ask, but won't. What do they wear under their kilt???

Nice Bike.... Mr AJ
    Thanks AJ - actually I'm from Northern Ireland, but the Scots and us Ulster folk are like brothers.

Regarding the under kilt issue - I ain't going to do the research for you, but traditionally I believe wearing zilch, zero, nada is de rigueur. (Bit chilly on the weather front for that if you ask me, but they are not known as a hardy race for nothing)

Here are a few more pics from my first tour with my eldest daughter in 2004 - when I rode a Yam 900 Diversion. This is when I got the bug for touring Scotland - yep, going again in 2010 when I get back from my Memorial day Pashnit tour of NorCal with our leader Mr Tim.

This is taken at the top of the famous, (or infamous because of the massacre there), pass of Glencoe. On reflection - that tank bag is fairly hardcore - don't think I really needed all that stuff - but you know how your first tour is - better looking at it, than looking for it.
    Name:  DSCN0059.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  62.7 KB
    A shot looking back down the pass towards the village of Glencoe. I could hear a piper playing in the distance (for the tourists) when I took this.
    Name:  DSCN0063.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  52.6 KB
    The famous Commando monument near Spean Bridge. These elite soldiers trained in this area during the second World War. I visit here every year to pay my respects to the fallen, including those lost in the current campaign in Afghanistan and Iraq previously. Very sobering to dwell a while in the tiny memorial garden and contemplate the tributes and pictures left by friends and family.
    Name:  DSCN0065.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  52.7 KB
    This is Urquhart Castle with the famous Loch Ness in the background. See any humps out there in the water? Been there many times and I haven't seen the monster yet. (Even after a good few single malts )
    Name:  DSCN0079.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  62.0 KB
    Another famous landmark - Scone Palace near Perth, the original home of the Stone of Destiny and the site of the coronations of the Kings of Scotland.
    Name:  DSCN0115.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  82.9 KB

Name
    Garnett
    Bike(s)
    Yamaha FJR1300

As I'm in the groove, here are a few more for ya.......

Took this at a place called Connel near Oban on the West coast of Scotland. Taken at around 8.00am, just before breakfast.
    Name:  DSCN0058.jpg
Size:  41.5 KB
    This is Castle Stalker a few miles north from Oban, and yes, someone does live there. See the yachts in the distance?
    Name:  DSCN1628.jpg
Size:  48.2 KB
    This is a guest house I have stayed in called the Old Kirk near Dyke. (Kirk = church) It is a converted 19th century church, (obviously), and is excellent. Was run by a German biker couple who have since sold up to, YEP, a couple from my home in Northern Ireland. How lucky is that?
    Name:  DSCN1592.jpg
Size:  59.7 KB
    This is a Sunday morning rideout with some of my Scottish pals - I was following the pack and not paying attention to our route so I'm not actually sure where this is.
    Name:  DSCN1073.jpg
Size:  69.3 KB
    My current road bikes.
    Name:  DSCN1037.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  83.9 KB

Thread Information