Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: BEST Pizza EVER + New Sacto Wednesday BikeNights

Hammer Head2 Re: BEST Pizza EVER + New Sacto Wednesday BikeNights

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder
    I saw this thread and since in the area I was going to check it out, but as law dog mentioned .. (bigninja) are you in Nor Cal or So Cal .. I will pass tonight since I am currently working in the Elk Grove area and was said before I dont want to ride there and no one will be there.
    Gentlemen! I'm located in SoCal but sometimes work brings me up to NorCal. I know Phil the owner. Having experienced the top BikeNights (in SoCal of course!), and knowing how much space (and a cool and willing host) is necessary I said "Hey Phil?". And he said "Sure, no problem." So, it's over to you NorCal ridaz specifically in and around SacTown . Can you do it??

BTW, the pizza is the best you ever had! Some peeps on this very thread have even made similar comments! So it's the perfect location!! Close to fwy, easy access, plenty of space in parking lot, great lighting in parking lot at night, excellent grub!, cool, willing and motorcyclist host, I'm done. You can make it happen (the regular meeting/BikeNight) or not. I'd say yeah, and if this were SoCal, this location would be packed wid motorcycles one night every week, maybe even on Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons as well.

But please, no burnouts or donuts on the sidewalk .

Re: BEST Pizza EVER + New Sacto Wednesday BikeNights

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder
    I saw this thread and since in the area I was going to check it out, but as law dog mentioned .. (bigninja) are you in Nor Cal or So Cal .. I will pass tonight since I am currently working in the Elk Grove area and was said before I dont want to ride there and no one will be there.
    You know what? Having been there for a non-existant bike night a couple of times I can about guarantee you that NO one will be there.

(The sound of crickets)

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg
    I also checked your postings. Dude, you need to get out more on this forum.
    Of his 34 posts at this point, 29 are pimping the bike night. Gotta agree with ya Dawg as well as the guys commenting that it is a long ride for some of us to make for an empty gathering.
    - CRASH -
    AMA# 1103547
    BMWMOA# 159231
    IBA# 21680
    Jenny's # 867-5309
    "These are my Pashnit/Passionate boys." - Tyler Risk

Clapping2 Re: BEST Pizza EVER + New Sacto Wednesday BikeNights

Quote Originally Posted by CRASH
    Of his 34 posts at this point, 29 are pimping the bike night. Gotta agree with ya Dawg as well as the guys commenting that it is a long ride for some of us to make for an empty gathering.

Well alrighty then!! I've spent some time promoting this location on this and other forums. I am the person that got permission for motorcycle gatherings there. If nobody wants to organize (albeit winter is slower than summer with all the fair weather riders) it for this location, or maybe wait 'till summer that's fine. As a motorcyclist I just stepped up and did it as a favor to first my buddy, and second to other motorcyclists (that would be you Sacto area riders!). Apparently the motorcycle population in NorCal is just too small for another gathering to get organized and materialize. So I'll just be finished with this now, and leave it to you all to do or not.

Unashamed Christian Rider Law Dawg (ret)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRASH
    Well Dan, while we ain't exactly snobs here...we DO tend to become closer to those who participate. This group, unlike say...BARF (no slam intended), is more of a State wide site. It tends to gather riders with longer "legs". In my burg, the local bike night tends to draw those who have shorter "legs" (and yes BN, it is a "smaller" group). BN was attempting to help a friend and start a bike night without getting to know the regular members first. Commendable but short sighted. Not all "ridaz" is interrested in hanging out at the local bike night. Yo?

Sort of like walking into a family reunion, as a complete stranger, and sitting down to announce that there is a better meal down the road. Then saying that since our table does not attact the type and number of members that he finds at a table closer to home...we is square, YO.

BN, I'm not trying to slam you. Only offering advice on how to become more efective and open to the group. There is a fairly healthy Pashnit So. Cal group that are a fun bunch of riders (see Gixxerdale etc). They could always use more ride partners to help plan and execute rides. We at Pashnit DO gather (from as far away as Chicago and New York) but even then the focus is on the ride. Jump on in, it might just be fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg
    Well Dan, while we ain't exactly snobs here...we DO tend to become closer to those who participate. This group, unlike say...BARF (no slam intended), is more of a State wide site. It tends to gather riders with longer "legs". In my burg, the local bike night tends to draw those who have shorter "legs" (and yes BN, it is a "smaller" group). BN was attempting to help a friend and start a bike night without getting to know the regular members first. Commendable but short sighted. Not all "ridaz" is interrested in hanging out at the local bike night. Yo?

Sort of like walking into a family reunion, as a complete stranger, and sitting down to announce that there is a better meal down the road. Then saying that since our table does not attact the type and number of members that he finds at a table closer to home...we is square, YO.

That's a bit of an exaggeration Dawg, but I get the point.

BN, I'm not trying to slam you. Only offering advice on how to become more efective and open to the group. There is a fairly healthy Pashnit So. Cal group that are a fun bunch of riders (see Gixxerdale etc). They could always use more ride partners to help plan and execute rides. We at Pashnit DO gather (from as far away as Chicago and New York) but even then the focus is on the ride. Jump on in, it might just be fun for you.
    That's a good suggestion Dawg, and I will be jumping in, as soon as my work schedule settles done a bit. I'll probably meet you some time soon at the local BikeNight in Bake-O too!

I LOVE to ride, especially in packs/groups. If my work schedule permitted it, I'd be out riding every week. There's sooo many nice roads right here in our own SoCal back yard.

Thread Information