Thread: Anyone up for an Adventure ride to Mendocino NF on Sat 9/17

Anyone up for an Adventure ride to Mendocino NF on Sat 9/17

As a warm-up to the Nor-Cal Dual SPort ride next weekend (http://www.pashnitforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2308) I was looking to do a day ride in Mendocino National Forest on Saturday, 9/17.

I ride a V-Strom 650 with Anakee tires so I will be sticking to the main "M" routes thru the forest.

Days are getting short, so I am motivated to get on the road early, leaving SF around 6:30-7:00 with a java break along the way up there, perhaps at a rendevous point.

Like to hook up with some fellow Adventure bike (GSs, Stroms, Tigers) riders, but dual-sport riders are welcome if they won't get bored with the primary forest service roads.
    --Joe

My photo albums: http://joefromsf.smugmug.com/

Re: Anyone up for an Adventure ride to Mendocino NF on Sat 9/17

Joe,

Looking forward to meeting and riding with you this coming weekend up in the Mt Lassen area. Your ride preview sounded awesome and I was really tempted. Had the Katrina Relief Rally on Sunday though, which also turned out to be great.

Seems we have similar bikes and ride preferences. Mendocino dirt roads are climbing to the top of my short list of "must do" adventures. Any pics from your ride? Always looking for ride companions to help explore the Ventana Wilderness down here.

Motorrad Tom

Quote Originally Posted by joefromsf
    As a warm-up to the Nor-Cal Dual SPort ride next weekend (http://www.pashnitforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2308) I was looking to do a day ride in Mendocino National Forest on Saturday, 9/17.

I ride a V-Strom 650 with Anakee tires so I will be sticking to the main "M" routes thru the forest.

Days are getting short, so I am motivated to get on the road early, leaving SF around 6:30-7:00 with a java break along the way up there, perhaps at a rendevous point.

Like to hook up with some fellow Adventure bike (GSs, Stroms, Tigers) riders, but dual-sport riders are welcome if they won't get bored with the primary forest service roads.
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need - The Rolling Stones

Thread Information