Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winter Rides?

Name
    Dale
    Bike(s)
    4wd Dual Sport

Shrug Winter Rides?

The Pashnit website seems to be exploding with rides. The Hurricane Relief Ride just finished and several more rides are about to get underway. Then we have the End of Summer Gathering, but after that?

I know Rod is working the logistics on a Death Valley ride, which I hope to make. Other than that I can't think of any winter riding coming up? I'd love to ride again in Arizona, Renee? Chris? Jason?..... But I'm not callin it. It's bad karma for me when I do that in Arizona, but I'll tag along!

So what I'm getting at is there an Arizona Pashnit that might call and organize a ride in the next few months now that the desert is cooling off? Oh paleeeze!
    "The key to life is to die young, at a very old age"

"Ride like you own the road, and one day the road will own you"

Go ahead and pass me... Backmarker's Avatar
    Name
    Renee
    Bike(s)
    Aprilia Mille RSVR, Yamaha TTR-125L

Re: Winter Rides?

Beg. I like it when you beg... Then mmaaaayyyybeeeee we can work something out. bwaahahahaa...

I'm thinkin' any time after Oct 16, we can figure something out. Weekends are pretty much booked up until then. Then we'll have to make sure that it's not the holiday... but we'll find a way to appease you Dale. I hate it when a grown man whines. Oh wait. No I don't!
    Some people just don't know how to drive... I call these people "Everybody But Me."

Name
    Dale
    Bike(s)
    4wd Dual Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Backmarker
    Beg. I like it when you beg... Then mmaaaayyyybeeeee we can work something out. bwaahahahaa...

I'm thinkin' any time after Oct 16, we can figure something out. Weekends are pretty much booked up until then. Then we'll have to make sure that it's not the holiday... but we'll find a way to appease you Dale. I hate it when a grown man whines. Oh wait. No I don't!
    Grown, yes!
    Grown up? No

Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    Honda 599

This doesn't help, but I'm planning a trip with some friends at work to do HWY 191 over Columbus Day weekend. Figure I can't make it to California I'll do the best Arizona has to offer, anyone wanting to come along is more than welcome. It is 90 miles of pure twistiness.

I can try to put something together around mid-November. I'll have plenty of time to think about as I'll be in Texas for the first 2 weeks. Maybe we can do the Coronado Trail then, be a little cold, but it's not the Sierras.
    Twisties please

Go ahead and pass me... Backmarker's Avatar
    Name
    Renee
    Bike(s)
    Aprilia Mille RSVR, Yamaha TTR-125L

Average temps are 50 and 20 for that time of year. Not sure what the snow situation is like at that time. There might be some. If we get rain, there WILL be some. Ok, up there, a LOT. But if we don't, then well, plug in the heated vest and yer good to go!!
    Some people just don't know how to drive... I call these people "Everybody But Me."

Name
    Kevin
    Bike(s)
    CBR954RR,VTX1800R,CBR1000RR

If you are talking mid nov I could be up for that.

Name
    Malina
    Bike(s)
    04 Honda 599

The best loop to do in Arizona is, 89A up to Sedona, then back down I-17 to take 260 from Camp Verde to Show Low. From here if weather permits a Coronado Trail ride is do-able with an overnight stop.

Or if the weather is a little chilly, we can take 60 through Salt River Canyon, then do Winkleman Pass do towards Tucson. This will allows us to tour the "Old West", Bisbee, Tombstone, Cochise. These are places I have yet to see.

Or, if we are feeling spunky and the weather permits, we can head up towards Monument Valley and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

I don't know how long everyone can take off to do a ride, If we do it over the weekend it will put a strain on the California riders to get back by Monday morning.

Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    Honda 599

Oops didn't realize I was logged in under Malina's username.

I was looking at the Calendar, and I won't be back until the 14th of November, so this pretty much puts the ride on the weekend of the 19th as the next weekend is Thanksgiving, is this going to be do-able?
    Twisties please

Name
    Dale
    Bike(s)
    4wd Dual Sport

Dang Jason! First you take her bike, then her identity!

I am open on the 19th. I think it would be awesome for an Arizona Pashnit ride to take place! I'd like to meet all of you and do a few twisty roads. We talking a ride start from Phoenix area? Saturday night camp?

How many Pashnit members are there in Arizona? I miss Arizona immensely. Left there in 1975 for a year in LA. Damn it's been a awful long year!

Any other California riders interested in doing an Arizona ride?

Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    Honda 599

That sounds about right, I think most or all the Arizona Pashnits are from the Phoenix Metro area.
    I got an extra room and floor space for riders coming out Friday night, we'll figure out where we'll be staying Saturday night when the route is established.
    This should be loads of fun as Fall is prime riding season out here. Hopefully we won't have an encounter with the local police as you did Dale awhile back.
    Twisties please

Thread Information