Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stinger Folding Motorcycle Trailer

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Stinger Folding Motorcycle Trailer

Just added another new cool item. I wish I would have known about this when I bought my own motorcycle trailer. Coolest trailer. And these guys have been around a long time. 3-versions to choose from & made in San Francisco Bay Area. Can order right now if you are ready, ships fully assembled. Unfold the motorcycle trailer and ready for track day, off to the shop, or taking along behind your RV.

Buy now is finished & working on peripheral pages.

http://www.pashnit.com/product/sting...er_buynow.html

Name:  stinger_trailer7_553.jpg
Views: 4180
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  stinger_trailer10_640.jpg
Views: 5573
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  stinger_trailer_folded4_360.jpg
Views: 8816
Size:  18.7 KB

Name:  stinger_trailer2_800.jpg
Views: 3617
Size:  129.1 KB

Name
    Rick
    Bike(s)
    BMW R1200rt

Re: Stinger Folding Motorcycle Trailer

Tim...this is really cool... are there any special licensing requirements for the trailer?

Name
    Bruce
    Bike(s)
    1993 BMW K75S

2cents Stinger Folding Motorcycle Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by lakemaker View Post
    Tim...this is really cool... are there any special licensing requirements for the trailer?
    Rick,
    I'm guessing that all you'll need in CA is the "perma-plate" which runs about $40 +/- and you're done for life ......unless you move to Washington
    Bruce

Adventure is just poor planning - Roald Amundsen

GMR1 2009

Ride Safe and with a purpose
    www.streetmasters.info

Follow Streetmasters on Facebook

Name
    Rick
    Bike(s)
    BMW R1200rt

Quote Originally Posted by Turkus View Post
    Rick,
    I'm guessing that all you'll need in CA is the "perma-plate" which runs about $40 +/- and you're done for life ......unless you move to Washington
    Thanks much, Bruce... this thing seems to solve the problem of what to do with the trailer when it's not being used.... folds up really small. And at less than $1500, a good buy as well.

Earlier this year I trailered my RT to Colorado for my annual trip with my brother. I rented a trailer from U-Haul... it worked pretty welll, but, for what I paid for the rental, it would have covered a substantial portion of what this thing costs. As soon as I get some extra bucks..I'm gettin' one.

Thanks again.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Rick, licensing a trailer in CA is really simple as Bruce mentioned. When I got mine, I just took it down to my local DMV with the paperwork from the manufacture, they doubled checked that against the badge on the side and handed me a license plate. No stickers or renewals to worry about.

Name
    Rick
    Bike(s)
    BMW R1200rt

Quote Originally Posted by pashnit View Post
    Rick, licensing a trailer in CA is really simple as Bruce mentioned. When I got mine, I just took it down to my local DMV with the paperwork from the manufacture, they doubled checked that against the badge on the side and handed me a license plate. No stickers or renewals to worry about.
    That sounds pretty easy, Tim. I gotta get one.... as soon as I get some extra bucks. I'm thinking about adding the wheel fenders and the deck pieces (easier for loading my BMW RT). Does the trailer still fold with those items installed?

Thanks again for all your help.

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

I was wondering much the same thing. But no. The floorboards are only intended for loading and unloading. You have to take them off during transport or folding according to the ad copy.

I've only got the single photo of the floorboards Stinger supplied us with on the buy now page.

That got me wondering next into the loading and unloading. If you watch the videos, the owners drive the bikes right onto the trailer, lock the front wheel into the wheel chock, and rest their feet on the fenders. If you look closely at the pics, the tops of the fenders have a sandpaper-like coating just for putting your feet on them when you load the bike.

Name:  stinger_trailer_folded4_360.jpg
Views: 3284
Size:  18.7 KB

In another vid, the Goldwing owner actually rests his feet on the ground (tippy toes) after the bike is loaded and seated in the chock, which illustrates just how low to the ground this thing is.

Name
    Eric
    Bike(s)
    Street Triple R

Used the this trailer several times now. Super easy for me alone to load and unload my FJR. The Triumph Street Triple R is a breeze.

Two things I feel need to be mentioned to buyers/users however;

1. Be sure to check the tire pressures before you use it. Yes, I know it's kind of a "duh" thing, but I'm sure there are some folks who would take delivery and just start using it. My tire pressures were way way low (like 15psi).

2. Only took a couple of uses for the electrical plug to separate out of the harness. The connection from the flat four trailer plug to the trailer harness is via simple crimp (non-waterproof) connectors. Judging by how much wire was stripped, it appeared these weren't sufficiently stripped and crimped. Anyway, for longer lasting, beefier connection, I stripped the outer heat shrink and re-wired with Posi-Tap connectors. I then heat shrinked the entire connection again.
    Go that way really fast. If something gets in your way....turn

Name
    larry
    Bike(s)
    2004 FZ1.

Thumbup Re: Stinger Folding Motorcycle Trailer

sad the manf in the short video states the trailer can be towed up to 70 mph. and they are here in ca were you can only tow up to 55 mph.

and unless they have surpassed the laws of friction the size of tire/bearings is rated for only 45 mph.

but other than that sounds like a good product.

Name
    Dan
    Bike(s)
    K1200GT FJRAWR1300A

Unless there is a VIN number on it, you don't need a plate at all. My little flatbed tilt trailer doesn't need a plate ... got one anyway just cuz.

Nice looking little unit and folds up well too.
    - CRASH -
    AMA# 1103547
    BMWMOA# 159231
    IBA# 21680
    Jenny's # 867-5309
    "These are my Pashnit/Passionate boys." - Tyler Risk

Thread Information