Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pashnit SUMMER Gathering Thread - July 2nd, 2011

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    78 Suzuki GS1000E, 1985 Honda VF1000R, 2004 Honda XR400R, 2004 Yamaha FZ1, 2007 Kawasaki KLR650

Re: Pashnit SUMMER Gathering Thread - July 2nd, 2011

I brought two extra sleeping bags and pillows. Jason can't make it, but Kamir is coming. We plan on cooking steaks, etc Friday night. Join the fun. I brought a movie, The Town. I forgot to order the latest Isle of Mann II video DVD. At least in 2011 they did not have much rain and Guy Martin did not fall down or end up on fire!!!! Mark

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    1150GS

Folks are here, riding is great, no dust. The hot day will make the swimming pool feel pretty nice, big fire and a BBQ tomorrow night, some kinda moto-movie...100's in the Valley, 80's here! And the nights are cool, not Cold...

Happy Fourth of July all, where ever you may be.

Name
    Don
    Bike(s)
    07 DL650 V-strom

Should be showing up tomorrow morning....sometime.

Don Hopkirk

Name
    Roger
    Bike(s)
    Suzuki Dr250

Rode up for Lunch (3:00) with buddy Joe only to find only a few Pashnits milling about. I kind of expected something to be going on ? BBQ apparently was postponed until 6. Too hungry to wait ... headed to 103 F. Jackson I guess I missed the thread ... Next time
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    :Thomas Jefferson

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    1150GS

Quote Originally Posted by Magnaman View Post
    Rode up for Lunch (3:00) with buddy Joe only to find only a few Pashnits milling about. I kind of expected something to be going on ? BBQ apparently was postponed until 6. Too hungry to wait ... headed to 103 F. Jackson I guess I missed the thread ... Next time
    Those pesky expectations can be tricky...we have had a great time with those who "lingered" for the festivities...the track, the trails, the rides up to the Sierras, a great off road dual sport ride this AM with Josh (an old timer at Sopiago and founder of the Sopiago 300 dual sport ride in October), the pool has been a very popular place to hang this year. Sorry you missed the party Magnaman...

We did a great Tri-tip.Ribs and Chicken dinner with all the trimmings, two bonfires and several outdoor movies including some footage of the Sopiago 300 highlites courtesy of Tom.

The mid-summer gathering will become a regular feature at Sopiago Springs Resort with July 4th weekend the target date. Put it on your calendars now so you don't miss it next year...future Gatherings will be including some traditional bike games, more rides and several surprises TBA next year. We are also opening up the event to all sorts of riders who aren't part of the Pashnit community, but who can bring some welcome diversity and a much wider range, and larger group, of riders than has been attending the last few gatherings.

Many thanks to all who came out to be part of an annual tradition dating back to July '05 at Calaveras Big Trees State Park. If you were There, you are part of a special group of riders who know what it is to be "pashnit" about motorcycles...and we hope to see those who are newer to the pashnit forum again in the future.

See ya next year - stay tuned for pics...

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    '88 R100 GS + more

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight!

Ride as if your life depended on it!

Kinda new round here
    Name
    fred
    Bike(s)
    specialized enduro

I want to thank Tim R and Fastfar for taking care of those of us who showed up (you know who you are), Everybody I talked to was having a great time. The food, movies and bonfires, If you werent there ya missed it. I personally think there would have been a better turnout if it hadnt been planned for the fourth of july weekend. Way too many people on the road, cops too. I sure hope everybody made it home safe. It was nice to hang out and chit chat and Ill be looking forward to the next time we see each other. Happy Trails from Jethro.

Name
    Jamie
    Bike(s)
    '99 KTM 640 Adventur

Damn! Missed this one! Next year I hope or maybe a fall gathering, I hope!

Name
    Lyle
    Bike(s)
    KZ750

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfar View Post
    The mid-summer gathering will become a regular feature at Sopiago Springs Resort with July 4th weekend the target date. Put it on your calendars now so you don't miss it next year...future Gatherings will be including some traditional bike games, more rides and several surprises TBA next year. We are also opening up the event to all sorts of riders who aren't part of the Pashnit community, but who can bring some welcome diversity and a much wider range, and larger group, of riders than has been attending the last few gatherings.
    Cool! It will nice to be able to plan ahead. July 4 weekend, 2012. Whoops, the 4th is on Wednesday in 2012. Which weekend, then?
    --Lyle

"You can lead a gift horse to water, but an early bird in the hand is worth a pound of cure"

Name
    Megan
    Bike(s)
    Thumper RIP F650 GSA

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Cool! It will nice to be able to plan ahead. July 4 weekend, 2012. Whoops, the 4th is on Wednesday in 2012. Which weekend, then?
    You missed out buddy. This was the 2011 thread. Keep an eye out for the 2012 announcement.
    Down but not out
    -Megan

Thread Information