Thread: Easter Weekend...

I gotta buy a vowel..... Base Camp's Avatar
    Name
    Ken
    Bike(s)
    DL650 V-Strom

Easter Weekend...

Last weekend was just beautiful weather wise…. We were getting ready for a family get together Easter day…. Grandkids, Easter eggs and Easter baskets…. Wonderful. Saturday however we got a call about a short afternoon ride to the Page Springs fish hatchery (to feed the fish) and ride up to Jerome to listen to some music at the Spirit Room.

Couldn’t pass that up!

Early afternoon moved into early evening… the band was great, the company wonderful… time to ride back home

With Easter a day away… the flamingos in Jerome (“Another Roadside Attraction”) found their Easter Bunny

We are a couple of weekends away from a Havasu ride…. Mother Nature in Northern AZ…. Go figure!

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FLAGSTAFF AZ
    MON APR 09 2012
    SYNOPSIS...EXPECT ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES TODAY AND TUESDAY WITH LIGHT WINDS. BY WEDNESDAY...A PATTERN SHIFT WILL USHER IN SEVERAL DAYS OF WINDY AND UNSETTLED WEATHER WITH BELOW NORMAL TEMPERATURES.THE STORMIEST PERIOD IS EXPECTED TO BE OVER THE COMING WEEKEND.

I don't need a reason to ride . . . just a direction

Name
    Johng
    Bike(s)
    Goldwing 1800AB 2008

Re: Easter Weekend...

Great write up thanks for sharing

johng
    www.jonkaz.net

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    Ninja 1000

Great pics! Enjoyed the RR too...
    What if I told you... slower traffic use turnouts actually means slower traffic use turnouts.

10% Angel 90% Hooligan demenshea's Avatar
    Name
    Donna
    Bike(s)
    07 BMW R1200R

Ken I love the fish shot, it's like an abstract painting!! Your other photos have a definitive eye to them. I love the perspective especially the shot of the helmet reflection. GREAT stuff!!

I thought of you when I was in AZ on the first Versys run. I couldn't believe how cold it was up by you. Phoenix was nice, but almost every other direction it was cold. I thought about be-lining on the freeway to home, but somehow my direction kept extending. I would have called if I'd come to Flagstaff.

CA is plagued in rains right now with thunder and lightening. I have to admit it, but the Versys is stashed in the garage until it gets nice again!

Happy Spring!
    “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment." Papa-Ken

Ride Like a Girl
    Travel Blog for Riders

I gotta buy a vowel..... Base Camp's Avatar
    Name
    Ken
    Bike(s)
    DL650 V-Strom

Quote Originally Posted by demenshea View Post
    ......I love the perspective especially the shot of the helmet reflection. GREAT stuff!!
    Thank you Donna, Mer has the camera eye…. The pictures from the motorcycle are her doing, and she hands me the camera when we get off and walk around….. However, she took the helmet picture… she likes the odd and notices the different stuff…. She’s like than with life in general…. That’s why I love her so!

I don't need a reason to ride . . . just a direction

Thread Information