Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How far is too far?

Re: How far is too far?

Totaly agree with Eyesurgeon about hours in the saddle and coplexity of the road being more of a factor than miles. When I go to Monterey, it's a 300 mile round trip and the only work I get is a short stretch on Elkhorn Road. It's about the same distance to Murphys, but the roads are a lot more fun....and tiring.

In May, I'll be taking my first long boring ride of about 400 miles, all on freeways, to Vegas, to meet up with my Brother. We plan to stay 2 nights just to rest up for the ride to Fresno then up to Windsor. I have mixed feelings about the Vegas portion of the ride.

Thanks everyone.
    We are spending an extra day in San Francisco to do tourist stuff and eat food that is really bad for us. Then staying two days in Yosemite with family camping and fishing. Sending our camping gear with Mom and Dad and staying in hotels other nights. Can't wait for it to get here.

The only part of the trip still up in the air is yosemite to home down 395, 15. BORING!
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bruce View Post
    The only part of the trip still up in the air is yosemite to home down 395, 15. BORING!
    Any ideas?
    Depends on how much time you want to take but here's one general idea through Kings Canyon and along the Generals Hwy. then head west and hit 33 (there's a weird in/out point that I can't get rid of on this link but it should give you the general idea). Clicky.
    So to speak...

Dangerous Curves

If you are going 395-15, it's just boring. I mean the mountains are nice but it's just straight and hot. Not to mention the extremely high CHP count. If you go that way just enjoy the view and and take it for what it is, the end to a great trip. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Depends on how much time you want to take but here's one general idea through Kings Canyon and along the Generals Hwy. then head west and hit 33 (there's a weird in/out point that I can't get rid of on this link but it should give you the general idea). Clicky.
    I vote this!
    - CRASH -
    AMA# 1103547
    BMWMOA# 159231
    IBA# 21680
    Jenny's # 867-5309
    "These are my Pashnit/Passionate boys." - Tyler Risk

Thread Information