Thread: KIA Memorial Dedication, Fernley NV Sat 28 Apr

Name
    Ray
    Bike(s)
    97 Suzuki Bandit 12S

KIA Memorial Dedication, Fernley NV Sat 28 Apr

This monument is being dedicated to honor American Military Heroes who have been killed in action. Please join the Ghost Soldiers Motorcycle Club and the Northern Nevada Veterans Coalition for the unveiling and dedication of this tribute to those men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for family, freedom, and love of their country.

The monument is also to honor those who gave their lives, and those who will give their lives, to ensure that we may live and raise our children in our great country as free men and women.

If you are a veteran you know the price of freedom; if you have someone who served or is serving, this is a way to honor their service. One hour is a small part of your day to honor those who are America’s greatest heroes. Bring a vet, a friend, and your children and family to make this an event they will always remember.

Join us on April 28th and let our American Military Heroes and their families know they will never be forgotten!

I know its short notice, but anyone interested in going, the ceremony will be at 11 AM. Patriot Guard Riders will be meeting at the Alamo truck stop on East Gregg St for a 9:45 departure. Ceremony is expected to last about an hour.

Hope to see some of you there!

Ray
    A Veteran is someone who once wrote a blank check to "The USA” for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who don't understand it.

Name
    Tyler
    Bike(s)
    2009 Can Am Spyder

Re: KIA Memorial Dedication, Fernley NV Sat 28 Apr

Ray, I won't be able to make this event but I will be passing through Fernley in June and will put this on my list of stops to make along the way to pay my respects.
    So to speak...

Dangerous Curves

Name
    Ray
    Bike(s)
    97 Suzuki Bandit 12S

Re: KIA Memorial Dedication, Fernley NV Sat 28 Apr

Well I had a small frustrating problem last night with a left rear turn signal. Well frustration has given way to outright pissed off! Last nights trouble shooting led to a discharged battery this morning. Got out the handy dandy bike jumper cables I made and got it running. Pushed it out of the garage and turned to shut the garage door, hear a crash followed by a blaring horn. Turn around and see my poor Bandit lying on its side against the passenger side door of my Jeep. Get it shut off and picked up to assess the damage. Bent clutch handle, left rear view mirror and highway peg, broken right rear view mirror. Oh and the wind deflector on the back of my helmet got cracked. The helmet was perched on top of the right rear view mirror. I decided something was telling me to stay home today. So I guess I'm not gonna make this ride after all.

Now to start looking for at least a replacement set of mirrors.

Ray
    A Veteran is someone who once wrote a blank check to "The USA” for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who don't understand it.

Thread Information