Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Mad Greek's in Baker?

Name
    Pierre
    Bike(s)
    03 Yamaha FJR1300

The Mad Greek's in Baker?

I was looking through this forum and surprised by no mention of The Mad Greek's in Baker (Jct 15 & 127). I had supper and a huge motel complementary breakfast there and was delighted.

A quick google will give you tons of listings describing the place and its food better than I can.

(Hell you guys probably know all about it; am I describing the Eiffel Tower to Parisians?!)

Name
    Dale
    Bike(s)
    4wd Dual Sport

Re: The Mad Greek's in Baker?

I have been past The Mad Greek many times, just never stopped. Baker is a fuel stop on my winter desert rides. From Baker it's north though Death Valley or south through Mojave National Preserve. Usually long day rides for me, or I have free room and board at my sisters in Vegas.

So how was the food? Perhaps I need to make it more than a fuel stop next time?

Dale
    "The key to life is to die young, at a very old age"

"Ride like you own the road, and one day the road will own you"

Name
    Pierre
    Bike(s)
    03 Yamaha FJR1300

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerdale
    I have been past The Mad Greek many times, just never stopped. Baker is a fuel stop on my winter desert rides. From Baker it's north though Death Valley or south through Mojave National Preserve. Usually long day rides for me, or I have free room and board at my sisters in Vegas.

So how was the food? Perhaps I need to make it more than a fuel stop next time?

Dale
    The food was great. Lots and lots of exotic main meal, bread and pastry choices as well as more traditional "American" menu and a seperate combo juice and ice cream bar. The place was always busy that I could see with everything from bikers to truckers to locals. A real gem in the desert. I developed a taste for Greek pastry when I lived in Cyrprus for 6 months. One of the best meals I had in my 30 days in the US in Sep.

(My best eating in the whole trip was at the Orleans in Vegas at the French Market Buffet with its Italian, Mongolian, Barbecue, American, Seafood, Mexican and Chinese cooking and an oversized dessert bar! $7 for lunch! Hard to beat that for value & choice)

Name
    Dale
    Bike(s)
    4wd Dual Sport

Quote Originally Posted by fjrpierre
    The food was great. Lots and lots of exotic main meal, bread and pastry choices as well as more traditional "American" menu and a seperate combo juice and ice cream bar. The place was always busy that I could see with everything from bikers to truckers to locals. A real gem in the desert. I developed a taste for Greek pastry when I lived in Cyrprus for 6 months. One of the best meals I had in my 30 days in the US in Sep.

(My best eating in the whole trip was at the Orleans in Vegas at the French Market Buffet with its Italian, Mongolian, Barbecue, American, Seafood, Mexican and Chinese cooking and an oversized dessert bar! $7 for lunch! Hard to beat that for value & choice)
    This might be a great spot for a desert ride meeting point. Close to Death Valley and Mojave National Preserve.

Anyone up to a desert ride and some Greek food?

no role model MyLife on TwoWheels's Avatar
    Name
    Ray
    Bike(s)
    DL650, KLR650

Dale, I've been thinking about making a desert run, maybe to Arizona, in Jan. when people are starting to get cabin fever. There are almost always a number of cold but clear days near the end of Jan, but there's no way to predict when they are gonna be, so it would prolly have to happen with only a few days notice.
    Just a thought.

Name
    Dale
    Bike(s)
    4wd Dual Sport

Quote Originally Posted by MyLife on TwoWheels
    Dale, I've been thinking about making a desert run, maybe to Arizona, in Jan. when people are starting to get cabin fever. There are almost always a number of cold but clear days near the end of Jan, but there's no way to predict when they are gonna be, so it would prolly have to happen with only a few days notice.
    Just a thought.
    Sounds good to me. I'll try make it work. I can get us free room and board in Vegas if you want to venture around there too. Like Death Valley, Mojave National Preserve and Red Rock Canyon, love that place at sunrise!

Only thing is I can't lead once in Airzaticket! Seems my only tickets are courtesy of Arizona LEOs!

Maybe some Arizona Pashnit riders can join in?

Some Red Rock pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

no role model MyLife on TwoWheels's Avatar
    Name
    Ray
    Bike(s)
    DL650, KLR650

Maybe some Arizona Pashnit riders can join in?
    I'm hopin'!!

BWO Vegas is fine with me!

Name
    Derek
    Bike(s)
    Triumph Speedmaster

Have you seen the trailer with Francesco Quinn(Anthony Quinn's son)riding a new Triumph Bonneville? He stops in Baker at the Mad Greek.

Here's the 20MB trailer for "On The Road With Francesco Quinn".

Name
    Eric
    Bike(s)
    Suzuki Dr650/GS1000

I did the Mad Greek a few months back,it was better than Bun Boy,which isnt that bad but after 7 hours from the bay area I'd just rather keep driving than eat .

Name
    Mike
    Bike(s)
    Between bikes...

I should have enough seat time to handle a ride out to Baker from Vegas in January. If you can handle a noob coming along, I'd love to ride with you guys.

I'm on I-15 through Baker quite a bit, but about the only place I haven't eaten yet is The Mad Greek. Bun Boy is still okay, but has really gone downhill with all the new food places that have opened there the past 2 years. Kinda sad.

~Mike
    In memory of an amazing man - my father - 8/26/1945 - 4/2/2014. Rest in peace dad.

Thread Information