BS to the above post.

Name
    Kel
    Bike(s)
    '03 Honda ST1300A, '97 Honda CBR1100XX, '95 Triumph Speed Triple

Re: Corbin Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Bird View Post
    BS to the above post.
    Not so!! That's genuine j o speak----you just have to be able to understand it. His signature line should give you a lead to his language-----but his advice on important stuff---like a guy genuinely asking about seat---while his opinion, is good advice. Better than good I would say-----and he's logged a bunch of miles and a 'real deal' motorcyclist. For what it's worth---happy trails, kel

Name
    Bill
    Bike(s)
    1997 BMW K1100LT

Put a custom "ride-in" build Corbin saddle on my Kawasaki '95 Concours and again on my Kawasaki '2000 Concours. I got interested with Iron Butt with my Kawasaki '2000 Concours and I found that I was having difficulty getting over 6 hours ride in the saddle. I took my bike and seat back to Corbin (X2) and Corbin stayed with me until I was happy, satisfied and confident to do a 1000 mile ride. Saddle is hard (no complaints with that), and I've no complaints in a 24hour ride on my Corbin saddle. With that said, I have put a "Day-Long Russell saddle" on my K100RS and have run a Bun Burner on it. The Russell saddle was a custom "ride-in" build. To compare these two saddles, I love the Day Long Russell. Russell's customer service is excellent. I took off right out of the gate with the Russell saddle and I have never looked back ... my Russell is more than comfortable for LD rides. I also have allot of friends who ride on a Meyers saddle and they tell me that it is great for LD rides, and very comfortable, (makes sense since Meyers design is very similar to the Russell saddle).

Name
    Rick
    Bike(s)
    08 Busa

Hello Rich, I have a cobin on my 05 busa and love it I can ride all day day after day and don't have a problem. Like most have said it is harder or stiffer than most but works well for my butt but not surprised to hear it's not for all...Rick

Name
    Dave
    Bike(s)
    FJR-1300

First Corbin I bought was great. Worth every penny. That was about 15 years ago. I've had two others since that first seat and I was very disappointed with the last two seats. Neither seat held up well long term and both seats were marginally more comfortable than stock. Certainly not enough improvement to justify the cost or the trip to Hollister. I wouldn't buy another Corbin.

I think to some degree it depends on the bike as much as the rider. Some bike designs allow Corbin more room to work their magic and other bike designs become a compromise with fit and finish.

Name
    Rich
    Bike(s)
    VFR 1200FD

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback and info. I learned about other options to explore, now I just have to make the $$$ and make a decision.

Name
    Sydney
    FOLSOM!!! Not the Prison! 175K & counting!
    Bike(s)
    '05 Victory Kingpin

I'M STILL AN ADVOCATE OF THE $100 ProPad. I actually talked to a guy that had mad one of the beaded seats which other swear by from a $10 K-Mart car seat. I'm skeptical of the beady thing but know peeps that love them too. WAYYYYY cheaper that a $$$$ custom seat you don't know if you will like.

I'm not trying to discourage you just sending out some el cheapo options. I know how my budget is.

There are several great Custom Seats out there. I'm not dissing any of them. Just knows what works for me.

Name
    Jim
    Bike(s)
    Roadliner

I don't know, I put over 40K on my Corbin and have 40K on my Mustang and I've never had a problem doing long distance riding with either one

Name
    Greg
    Bike(s)
    Suzuki B1200

I bought a Holeshot Corbin for a Suzuki Bandit and knew It was not for me as soon as I sat on it. They would not take it back or exchange it but said I could send it to Corbin for a free redo. Of course I had to pay for shipping. Still hated it. Bought a Blackbird that came with stock seat and a Corbin Smuggler. The smuggler is getting dusty in the corner of the garage.

Thread Information