Thread: (SF Bay Area, CA) Doc Wong Braking Confidence & Skills Workshop! Thursday, March 16,

Doc Wong Riding Clinics docwong's Avatar
    Name
    Harry
    Bike(s)
    lots, Kawi, Guzzis,

(SF Bay Area, CA) Doc Wong Braking Confidence & Skills Workshop! Thursday, March 16,

Doc Wong Braking Confidence & Skills Workshop! Thursday, March 16, 6:30PM

(See the new article on Doc Wong in Cycle World! - http://www.cycleworld.com/doc-wong-m...ve-reasons-why)

Hi,

I'm sure you're aware how to brake effectively is as important a skill as all of the other skills necessary for smooth, confident and safe riding. *I'm finding that a lot of riders can improve their skills in how and when to apply the brakes. *There is definitely a safety issue with the incorrect use of the brakes. *This causes either increased braking distances and at worst locking up the brakes prematurely, sliding out or crashing.

It's one of those skills that a lot of riders don't think of until the SHTF. *In this very unique clinic I'll be covering key points and techniques that every rider should know such as: *

Emergency Braking, Threshold Braking and Locking up the Front tire (how not to)
    Braking at the limits of traction: How best to avoid crashing
    Braking and Corner Entry Speed: How to Smoothly and Effectively Transition from one to the other
    Critical Dos and Don'ts regarding Braking
    Braking While In a Turn
    Trail-braking
    What Brake To Use: Front vas Rear brakes
    Engine Braking
    All About ABS
    Braking and Downshifting
    Downhill Braking

Improving riding confidence comes with knowing, applying and practicing the basic skills of riding. *With improved knowledge and skill anyone can become a smoother and safer rider. *I hope to present this vital topic to you in a way that truly improves your understanding and ability to apply this while riding and braking. This is a non-riding workshop so bringing your motorcycle is not necessary.

The Doc Wong Riding Clinics are now in it's 18 year with now over 40,000 riders having attended! *Is that cool or what? *Anyway welcome to this new clinic, I hope you find it helpful.

Yours in great health, great riding and great fun!

What: New Doc Wong Braking Confidence and Skills Clinic
    When: Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 6:30PM-8:30PM
    Where: Doc Wong's Full Motion Chiropractic office at 1021 Alameda de las Pulgas in Belmont
    Cost: $0.00
    How to signup: email me at: docwong@aol.com

Doc Wong

Full Motion Chiropractic
    1021 Alameda De Las Pulgas
    Belmont, CA 94002
    Office: (650) 365-7775
    Fax: (650) 365-7890
    docwong@docwong.com
    www.docwong.com
    Moving from Pain to Optimal Health

(Free initial consultations available to riders for health problems, just e-mail me at docwong@aol.com)

Check out the stuff on the Doc Wong (Free) Riding Clinics on my web site! http://www.docwong.com

Note: Photos for "Doc Wong Crashes" are on my web site.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To get the latest announcements on my Riding Clinics subscribe to the Doc-Ride mailing list!

Email me at docwong@aol.com to request to be added to the Doc-Ride Mailing list!

Go to: www.meetup.com/docwong to join the Doc Wong Riding Clinic community

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join the new Doc Wong Riding Clinics Yahoo Group! Go to: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ngClinics/info to join!

Name
    Harry
    Bike(s)
    lots, Kawi, Guzzis,

Re: (SF Bay Area, CA) Doc Wong Braking Confidence & Skills Workshop! Thursday, March

This clinic is in two weeks!
    Ride well! Doc Wong www.docwong.com

Out On The Road Somewhere Chain Smoker's Avatar
    Name
    Igor Klotz
    Bike(s)
    Stage 1.75 Turf King

Re: (SF Bay Area, CA) Doc Wong Braking Confidence & Skills Workshop! Thursday, March

gladys says more throttle less n
    brake...
    Loud Guns Save Lives

Name
    Harry
    Bike(s)
    lots, Kawi, Guzzis,

This clinic is next week!
    Ride well! Doc Wong www.docwong.com

Thread Information