Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Been Awhile

Playing the low notes 2 Ally House's Avatar
    Name
    Ally
    Bike(s)
    FZ1

Been Awhile

First "been awhile": Since I was able to ride my motorcycle. Like, really long. Hip and shoulder pain kept me off the bike most of last year. Working on that now; planning to ride more in the coming months. If it stops raining and snowing. And if I continue to make progress with my shoulder and hip.

Second "been awhile": since we had this much rain/snow

Third "been awhile": Since I've seen a post from Papa Ken, or a read a ride report. Admittedly, I am one of those users that hasn't been here much recently. Facebook does the internet social contacts that Pashnit and Tubenet (the tuba players forum) used to; they were my mainstays. Now, Facebook covers that. I miss this.

Fourth "been awhile": Since the forum crashed so badly a couple months ago, and lost so many threads, I find that I forget some people. Through Facebook, I keep in contact with a lot of people from here. I miss this platform for interaction, especially the ride reports.

Fifth "been awhile": Since my memory worked well. I forget too many names, and people, and events.

As a result of these musings, I wandered over here today. Just thinking about some people who are no longer with us. Orangevale FJR. Turkus. Rod. z-bassman. Fishwitch Alice. Those are the ones at the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither'
    Benj. Franklin

PartTimeLandBargeOperator poach's Avatar
    Name
    Chris
    Bike(s)
    yes please

Re: Been Awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Ally House View Post
    First "been awhile": Since I was able to ride my motorcycle. Like, really long. Hip and shoulder pain kept me off the bike most of last year. Working on that now; planning to ride more in the coming months. If it stops raining and snowing. And if I continue to make progress with my shoulder and hip.

Third "been awhile": Since I've seen a post from Papa Ken, or a read a ride report. Admittedly, I am one of those users that hasn't been here much recently. Facebook does the internet social contacts that Pashnit and Tubenet (the tuba players forum) used to; they were my mainstays. Now, Facebook covers that. I miss this.

Fourth "been awhile": Since the forum crashed so badly a couple months ago, and lost so many threads, I find that I forget some people. Through Facebook, I keep in contact with a lot of people from here. I miss this platform for interaction, especially the ride reports.

Fifth "been awhile": Since my memory worked well. I forget too many names, and people, and events.

As a result of these musings, I wandered over here today. Just thinking about some people who are no longer with us. Orangevale FJR. Turkus. Rod. z-bassman. Fishwitch Alice. Those are the ones at the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.
    If you're able, ride more and quit that facetoob nonsense....Turkus approves this message.

One more mile ........... Steve1962's Avatar
    Name
    Steve
    Bike(s)
    BMW R 1100 R

Ally,
    Poignant post, thanks for your thoughts.
    It's been a while for me too, life has just been busy for me, so much so that I haven't been on the bike for AGES.

Have a little english ride video to cheer you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHjXcp5TG3g

Hello to everyone else too.

Take care and ride safe.

Steve
    Fast enough to enjoy the curves , slow enough to enjoy the scenery

Name
    Kenneth
    Bike(s)
    2002 Honda Goldwing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1962 View Post
    Ally,
    Poignant post, thanks for your thoughts.
    It's been a while for me too, life has just been busy for me, so much so that I haven't been on the bike for AGES.

Have a little english ride video to cheer you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHjXcp5TG3g

Hello to everyone else too.

Take care and ride safe.

Steve
    Steve, old friend. So good to hear from you and your side of the world. That video is absolutely beautiful. I have a family in your country that I have been very close to since 1995. Have never met them like most of the bikers on the internet that respond to my posts; but feel like they are up close and personal. Dave Holdsworth in Plantation House, Glanton, Alnwick, UK. Dave and his family have been closer to me than many people I know in person. The same way from pen pals that I will never meet BUT......know them well VIA penmanship. Words are so wonderful and I can't get along without the use of words.

Ally Girl, so sorry to hear about your getting old and worn out. I think you know me well enough to know I am joking. I have been moving so fast it seems like because in a couple of days will be Shirley and my 1st marriage anniversary. 86 last month and still in love with the bikes and roads. I do have to admit though, cold weather is not fun anymore. Still ride in it once in a while but not on purpose. I miss the old gang we had a few years back and pray that this newer version of Pashnit is fruitful for Tim and his family. I can never forget in the early days the joy this site brought to literally thousands. I swear Ally if I ever get up in your neck of the woods....I will look you up.......Papa-Ken.
    Last edited by Papa-Ken; 03-15-2017 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added more content.
    Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.........Will Rogers

Name
    Steve
    Bike(s)
    BMW R 1100 R

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-Ken View Post
    Steve, old friend. So good to hear from you and your side of the world. That video is absolutely beautiful. I have a family in your country that I have been very close to since 1995. Have never met them like most of the bikers on the internet that respond to my posts; but feel like they are up close and personal. Dave Holdsworth in Plantation House, Glanton, Alnwick, UK. Dave and his family have been closer to me than many people I know in person. The same way from pen pals that I will never meet BUT......know them well VIA penmanship. Words are so wonderful and I can't get along without the use of words.

Ally Girl, so sorry to hear about your getting old and worn out. I think you know me well enough to know I am joking. I have been moving so fast it seems like because in a couple of days will be Shirley and my 1st marriage anniversary. 86 last month and still in love with the bikes and roads. I do have to admit though, cold weather is not fun anymore. Still ride in it once in a while but not on purpose. I miss the old gang we had a few years back and pray that this newer version of Pashnit is fruitful for Tim and his family. I can never forget in the early days the joy this site brought to literally thousands. I swear Ally if I ever get up in your neck of the woods....I will look you up.......Papa-Ken.
    Ken,
    Good to hear from you and your love of my country - we are so lucky to live in a place of natural beauty and historical interest, something I never forget.

Here's a montage I did a few years back showing various locations in england and the Panzer (BMW 1200 RT) that I owned at the time.
    The accompanying music is by Dave Gilmour of Pink Floyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOZSN38igS8

Keep safe my friend.

Steve

Dave
    Name
    Dave
    Bike(s)
    2014 Triumph T-Bird

Steve, Enjoyed both videos. Thanks for pepping us up. I have family in Australia. Visit them every year or two. Still can't get used to driving on the left. To keep safe, I wait for a car to come by then follow it.
    Wherever you're at, be there!

Name
    Steve
    Bike(s)
    BMW R 1100 R

Quote Originally Posted by dgmunn View Post
    Steve, Enjoyed both videos. Thanks for pepping us up. I have family in Australia. Visit them every year or two. Still can't get used to driving on the left. To keep safe, I wait for a car to come by then follow it.
    Dave,
    Driving/riding on the wrong side of the road is always tricky. I was riding in Spain a few yrs back when I learned of a uk rider who had been on a road trip with a couple of mates - they had already been there four days when he got hit by a car when he rode onto the wrong side of the road after leaving a petrol station - just goes to show how easy it is and that one moments lack of concentration can lead to disaster.
    Ride safe and keep it sunny side up.

Steve

Motorcycle Enthusiast Old Surf Dog's Avatar
    Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    Road Kings & Vstrom

Rider or Ed White who went quietly from brain cancer a few years back. I met Ed when he towed my boat off the coast when he was with Vessel Assist before I knew of Pashnit. I too miss this forum when it was going gang busters. I check in from time to time but one thing I can say is Pashnit blessed me with some life long friends. Ally you know I follow you on Facebook so you probably heard that Dee and I now own a house on five acres in Westcreek CO. Dee will be out there in a month or so but I still have 2 years before I can retire out there permanent, so if your ever wanting to ride the Rockies just look me up cause our door is open!
    Rolling with the Surf Dog

“If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.”
    General George S. Patton

Name
    Kurt
    Bike(s)
    Street Boeing

I just logged on for the first time in quite a long time. The forum seems to be a shadow of its former self. Not a judgment, just an observation. For lack of anything more to say, here's a picture of my bike (recently reactivated from a 3 week "rest" awaiting a part to make the long and arduous journey by freighter across the mighty Pacific) out on Shin Kee Tract in the Delta.

I suggest you consult Steinbeck or Huell Howser, because I have no answers for you.

Out On The Road Somewhere Chain Smoker's Avatar
    Name
    Igor Klotz
    Bike(s)
    Stage 1.75 Turf King

greetings wire...

or is it ben... ha ha ha...

needs knee farings... go getts you some...

c s
    Loud Guns Save Lives

Thread Information