Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Been Awhile

Playing the low notes 2 Ally House's Avatar
    Name
    Ally
    Bike(s)
    FZ1

Re: Been Awhile

News Flash: Got out on the FZ1 today, first time in a year! Hip and shoulder did better than the knee. I am hoping that was just my usual barometric function advising that we were having rain today. Boy, did that feel good!

Yes, Facebook does connect us in the way this forum used to. I still drift over here and read the old reports.

orbiker, that set up looks fabulous. What do you tow it with? That is something Karyn and I have looked at for when she retires. We just need housing for two steeds!
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither'
    Benj. Franklin

One more mile ........... Steve1962's Avatar
    Name
    Steve
    Bike(s)
    BMW R 1100 R

Quote Originally Posted by Moedad View Post
    Shows to go you that 80% of the posts were put up by 20% of the people who follow/ed this page, and when only a few of those people stop posting, we get lots of views but very little action. And yes, Facebook takes a lot of the blame/credit.
    Very true about Facebook - I don't subscribe to it though the wife and kids do.

I pop in here regularly but don't post much - once I get the bike sorted there will be the usual ride report and snaps and/or video.

Steve
    Fast enough to enjoy the curves , slow enough to enjoy the scenery

Name
    Ken
    Bike(s)
    2013 Victory XCT

Quote Originally Posted by Ally House View Post
    News Flash: Got out on the FZ1 today, first time in a year! Hip and shoulder did better than the knee. I am hoping that was just my usual barometric function advising that we were having rain today. Boy, did that feel good!

Yes, Facebook does connect us in the way this forum used to. I still drift over here and read the old reports.

orbiker, that set up looks fabulous. What do you tow it with? That is something Karyn and I have looked at for when she retires. We just need housing for two steeds!
    Thanks Ally
    I tow the beast with a 2002 F350 7.3 Diesel. I wish I had a duelly and maybe someday we will up grade the truck.

I'll bet it felt good to get out on the bike.

Name
    John
    Beautiful Downtown Canoga Park - A great place to live, work, and shop
    Bike(s)
    '07 Moto Guzzi Norge

I'm not so sure about Facebook and the interest here. I'm on facebook a bit, but have migrated more to Adv Rider as I do more out of state and long distance rides. Pashnit has always been somewhat California centric - which is not a bad thing by any means, it just limits it. Adv Rider, while having started as a dual-sport/off road centric board has morphed to a world wide community with all sectors well represented.

I follow several multi-year round the world rides and have met folks from almost all the continents because of it. There is also a great road warrior area for those of us who are off-road challenged. Facebook does not seem to have hurt that community at all.

None of it is bad, just different focuses and likes.

I do miss the activity on Pashnit and the rides we used to do together, but now I have the long distance folks (solitary riders who touch bases on a sort of regular basis) who enjoy the 300 mile lunch trip and participating in several rallys each year as well as my local riding and eating group.

Actually, I think this refresh has been one of the most active Pashint threads in a couple of years.

jdg
    2007 Moto Guzzi Norge - the fast, sexy, red one
    2003 Honda Shadow 750 ACE - Rocky
    1999 Honda Helix - Little Zippy
    1976 Honda CJ30T - Vintage riding at it's best?

Thread Information