Thread: Took a Dirt class - Rich Oliver's Mystery School

Name
    Paul
    Bike(s)
    BMW 650GS, BMW R1150R

Nodding Yes Took a Dirt class - Rich Oliver's Mystery School

This weekend my wife and I took a dirt bike class with Rich Oliver's Mystery School to help us get some off road skills before hitting the dirt. Recently I picked up a 650GS, and before I hit the off road hard,I thought it would be a good idea to see what skills I would need. I will have to give Rich a big thumbs up for the class and two big thumbs up for the after course track he has set up. The class was well presented. I was a little skeptical at first with having little people mixed with us 30 somethings, but that was quickly set aside as Rich navigated the class very nicely.

Then after the class he offered up time to run a course he has set up that is, I beleive he said was .8 mile, where you get a chance to enjoy your new found skills. The extra course time was the bomb! The class was small enough as to never be crowded and the over all feel for the class and instructor was fun and relaxed.

The real reason for posting this is, incase anybody else out there is also thinking of something like this and looking for recommendations. We ourselves did not find a lot of info before signing up and found a school a bit blindly. Luck was with us and I wanted to share with others as well as give some deserved credit to Rich for a great class.

If it doesn't pour all week long I hope to test this new found knowledge with my new little GS and see what kind of trouble we can get into in preperations for some spring time trips dual sporting the western US.

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    '88 R100 GS + more

Re: Dirt class

I have heard good things about Rich Olivers school.

Check out there site HERE.
    Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight!

Ride as if your life depended on it!

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Re: Took a Dirt class - Rich Oliver's Mystery School

This class is right outside Friant in Central Cal foothills? (Is that where you took it?) We need to send Sean out there.

Name:  dirt-bikes.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  dirt-bikes2.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  80.5 KB

Name
    Jim
    Bike(s)
    Changes weekly

He's a really nice guy. Due to his school, it seems Auberry and Prather are starting to grow. Did you take the MSF course or one of Rich Olivers camps? His school offers a one day MSF course.

Quote Originally Posted by pxl
    This weekend my wife and I took a dirt bike class with Rich Oliver's Mystery School to help us get some off road skills before hitting the dirt. Recently I picked up a 650GS, and before I hit the off road hard,I thought it would be a good idea to see what skills I would need. I will have to give Rich a big thumbs up for the class and two big thumbs up for the after course track he has set up. The class was well presented. I was a little skeptical at first with having little people mixed with us 30 somethings, but that was quickly set aside as Rich navigated the class very nicely.

Then after the class he offered up time to run a course he has set up that is, I beleive he said was .8 mile, where you get a chance to enjoy your new found skills. The extra course time was the bomb! The class was small enough as to never be crowded and the over all feel for the class and instructor was fun and relaxed.

The real reason for posting this is, incase anybody else out there is also thinking of something like this and looking for recommendations. We ourselves did not find a lot of info before signing up and found a school a bit blindly. Luck was with us and I wanted to share with others as well as give some deserved credit to Rich for a great class.

If it doesn't pour all week long I hope to test this new found knowledge with my new little GS and see what kind of trouble we can get into in preperations for some spring time trips dual sporting the western US.

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by pxl
    Recently I picked up a 650GS...
    Uh huh, prove it picture boy.

Does this mean you will be joining in with us dirty riders at Sopiago?

Name
    Gail
    Bike(s)
    2005 BMW R1200GS 2004 KTM 450mxc

Yipee! Its gonna be fun and dirty summer!
    Let's Ride!

Name
    Dave
    Bike(s)
    Paper R-1

If that's Mr. Oliver's Schoolhouse in the background, I can see he puts the tuition to good use!

Name
    Kurt
    Bike(s)
    Hypermotard

Hi all, I reserved two spots at Rich's Fun Camp this weekend (Aug 25 and 26) for my wife and I. It turns out that my wife can't make it. I will lose a $100 deposit. The camp is already discounted as a BARF special. If one of you would like to take my wife's spot so that I don't lose the deposit, I will gladly share the $100 savings with you 50/50. That means that you'd get the BARF special price of $600 for the two day camp, a $75 discount off the regular price, then I refund you $50 for saving me the lost deposit. Pretty good deal, huh?!

Gear rental is another $40 for two days, if you don't have your own dirt gear. I can't help you with that one.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
    Kurt

"It's like reading Family Circus, but not as deep" anon

TheFlyinghun Blog

Thread Information