Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Added a Throttlemeister...

Re: Added a Throttlemeister...

Quote Originally Posted by rush_law
    Hey SmarmBeast (where did that name come from ha ha! ) Not sure if anyone answered your question but yes you move your hand toward the outside of the grip....kind of half on the throttle, half on the Throttlemeister. With the outside of your hand you twist the TM toward you a bit while keeping normal pressure on the throttle. Then you can move your hand back to just the throttle and find your desired throttle tension and it stays there until you manually move it either forward for lower pressure (slower speeds) or back (for higher speed.) Then you can relax your hand. Even while engaged you are still in control of the throttle, you just have to manually move it back and forth until you release the TM. Glad I had it on my Labor day trip to Colorado!
    Yup, this is why I have an NEP throttle lock............just a flip of the thumb and it is on or off and you can still adjust throttle settings, only costs around $15.00

That leaves a $100 for gas and lunches
    “A man with a brief case can steal more money than a man with a gun” Don Henley

Just to chime in. I have a throtte-meister on my strom. Problem was, I had after-market bars so everything didn't fit perfectly. Actually, it didn't fit at all. No problem. The guys at throttle-meister (can't remember their names off the top of my head) sent me several size nut/bolts/washers/etc. to try and match it up. I finally got the right combo. The TM guys took care of me quickly and without charging me any additional $$$. Great product and even better customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by vnsfxr
    Yup, this is why I have an NEP throttle lock............just a flip of the thumb and it is on or off and you can still adjust throttle settings, only costs around $15.00

That leaves a $100 for gas and lunches
    If I made it sound complicated, it isn't. It's really quite simple. Can't beat the big savings though!

i received throttlemeister today, i look at all the parts and instruction,is there something else i should know before i start installationis there some little ajus trick thatsomebody discovered
    v4life

Quote Originally Posted by gaston View Post
    i received throttlemeister today, i look at all the parts and instruction,is there something else i should know before i start installationis there some little ajus trick thatsomebody discovered
    Nothing fancy Gaston, just replaces your bar ends. There are several washers in the kit, so you'll have to dabble a bit to get the tension just right. Too many washers, and the throttlemeister won't contact the grip properly. Too little, and it' might be too tight. Don't forget to put a dab of Loctite on the bolt when you screw it into the bar end.

thanks,tim.
    v4life

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    I use a larger rubber O ring on my Beemer. It just rolls between the bar end and the rubber grip and is big enough to not sink too far down and get lost (and so rolls right off too). Got three of them for .98...my wife almost beaned me when I said "Honey, I bought three throttle locks today. Two extra for back up."

I know this thread is older, but you got any pics of this setup. Where would one purchase this O ring you speak of Home Depot/Lowes/Auto Store....where would I look and what size is it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
    I know this thread is older, but you got any pics of this setup. Where would one purchase this O ring you speak of Home Depot/Lowes/Auto Store....where would I look and what size is it?

Thanks
    Caterpillar 8M 4991

Does anyone know here what throttlelocker will work with heated grips?

I don't have anything yet, i want heated grips and throttle lock, any thoughts of it's possible in a good usable way?
    Last edited by Sbyllek; 04-09-2008 at 01:03 PM.
    Best Reagards, Anton

Quote Originally Posted by atoyf View Post
    Does anyone know here what throttlelocker will work with heated grips?

I don't have anything yet, i want heated grips and throttle lock, any thoughts of it's possible in a good usable way?
    throttlemeister works with heated grips
    v4life

Thread Information