Thread: I Just Have To Vent/Rant

Go ahead and pass me... Backmarker's Avatar
    Name
    Renee
    Bike(s)
    Aprilia Mille RSVR

Rant Rave I Just Have To Vent/Rant

I hate you all!! I want to live back up NorCal so bad!! Seeing all the pictures posted and reading about all the great rides. Jealous? YOU BET I AM!

It was a beautiful weekend here in AZ. We decided to go for a quick ride. The man had to work in the evening so no nice long rides for us. Went on one of the more popular close by roads. Every snowbird left in AZ was out, not to mention all the folks towing boats and campers. It was too slow even for me! And that's SLOW. Once we got past Tortilla Flat (the popular stop) the traffic lightened up but it's only a few miles until the pavement ends.

There are only a few decent rides in this area and unfortunately as the population has exploded, so has the traffic on all these roads. They all seem to go to some little tourist destination. Now once again I am counting down the days to summer vacation when we load up the bikes and head to Placerville and ride, ride, ride!! I can't wait... in the mean time please keep torturing me with all your adventures. I can take it.
    Some people just don't know how to drive... I call these people "Everybody But Me."

Name
    Phil
    Bike(s)
    Tupolev Tu-95

Re: I Just Have To Vent/Rant

I feel for ya Renee, I'll keep riding a taking pic's for ya. Bringing the Milie over for Moto Gp.
    "Wanted" dirt roads with no locked gates

Name
    Renee
    Bike(s)
    Aprilia Mille RSVR

You bet! Last year was the first time I actually rode to Laguna. What a trip. Did Hwy 49 all the way down from P'ville. All those photos of Bear Valley brought back memories. No time to stop and take photos on that trip. It was a loooong day. But what a ride! Surprisingly, the Mille was fine. The seat is quite comfy. My shoulders got sore from the Camelbak but that was it. Can't wait to go this year!
    Some people just don't know how to drive... I call these people "Everybody But Me."

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    Honda RC51

Hey Backmarker, I used to live in Tempe and ride Tortilla Flats regularly. The best turns are the first part before the flats, but far too many people! I'm currently in Denver, Co., but am moving back to the Sacramento area in about 2 weeks, and would love to ride with you guys when you come to norcal in the summer. I'll keep posting and maybe we can meet up, Peace,John

Name
    Renee
    Bike(s)
    Aprilia Mille RSVR

Sounds good to me. Just keep in mind that I have the name 'Backmarker' for a reason. But I don't mind catching up eventually. I'm used to it by now.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what brings you back to the Sacramento area? I've got a couple of friends keeping their eyes open for jobs for me but nothing yet. And lucky you getting out of Tempe. One of these days, it will be me. One of these days...

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    Honda RC51

Hi Backmarker, I'm going back to Cal. for the incredible weather and all of the great motorcycling roads and people. I grew up in Fresno, and have always liked the Sac. area. I hated Arizona, because it's over 100 degrees for more than 5 months every year. Thats no good for riding unless you leave at 4:30 in the morning....hehe....and i'm not THAT early of a riser! Now I'm in Colorado, which has good roads, but you can only go in the mountains and really ride for just a few months a year, due to the sand that they put on the roads. I'm in the collision industry, and can pretty much get a good job anywhere, with my mechanical skills and extensive amount of tools. I can work on bikes or cars equally. So there are alot of jobs. I'm really lookin' forward to norcal again!!! Keep on smilin', John

Name
    Vince
    Bike(s)
    DR650, GT1000

Quote Originally Posted by Backmarker
    By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what brings you back to the Sacramento area? I've got a couple of friends keeping their eyes open for jobs for me but nothing yet. And lucky you getting out of Tempe. One of these days, it will be me. One of these days...
    What field of work are you looking for?
    “A man with a brief case can steal more money than a man with a gun” Don Henley

Name
    Renee
    Bike(s)
    Aprilia Mille RSVR

I do CAD stuff. I've worked at Aerojet in the past. Which is where one friend is looking. I've done everything from rockets to trucks to mining equipment. A jack of all trades, a master of none? I use UG which narrows the field quite a bit. Unless I want to live in the bay area but that's almost jumping from the fire into the pan. I figure since I have a job, I can wait until I get something in the foothill area. The man is a computer geek. He can probably find something anywhere.

Name
    Vince
    Bike(s)
    DR650, GT1000

I'll ask around. I still have a few connections over there I've stayed in touch with since I moved from Placerville many moons ago.

If I find anything I'll let ya know for the resume shipment.

My Dad used to work at Aero Jet. When the bottom fell out of the space race we went from driving Jaguars to Ramblers. It was my job to polish the "Cat on the Hood".

Have you done a search for companies in the area that'll fit you and sent them your resume? (Just to narrow down my inquiries)
    “A man with a brief case can steal more money than a man with a gun” Don Henley

Thread Information