Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: PASHNIT Lives!!! And we're back!!!! New server on line!!

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Re: PASHNIT Lives!!! And we're back!!!! New server on line!!

Quote Originally Posted by FishWitch
    Hi my name is Fishy and I'm addicted to Pashnit.

THANK GOODNESS YOU'RE BACK!!!

the www.pashnit.com is still getting the wecome to Vdeck page. Went thru faves & finally found the forum pages.

I received this yesterday from BikerDuck Martie & almost died laughing! I never realized we had it so bad.

Syd--

I sent an e-mail to Tim Mayhew asking politely about WHEN THE SITE WILL BE UP??? Then, told him about my visit with Jim's sister and mother, to show him I was a nice person, but I WANT MY WEBSITE!

I have to laugh at my neighbor, a 69 year old widow, who didn't even learn to drive until she was 60. Anyway, I'd been talking about pashnit.com, and she actually is hooked. Today she walked by while I was working on the house (covering the soffets, if you really MUST know) and she complained about the website situation. The world is truly changing when a timid former housewife gets huffy about the lack of a motorcycle website.

--M

Here's to the new updated upgraded Pashnit Site! Keep up the fantastic work guys but PLEASE next time warn us or something.

That's classic Syd! It's a website that appeals to all. That was the vision of the creator.

Btw, the http://www.pashnit.com homepage should be up and running just fine. Try hitting F5. Only thing we have left to fix in the aftermath is the file attachment system. Like Ben mentioned, hopefully tomorrow we'll get that sorted out.

Personally, without the pashnit site (no ftp access even, site basically disappeared), I keep going through my emails. Then I realized I was reading them for the 2nd and 3rd time. While I was on the phone with the IT people rather poignantly expressing my displeasure, my coworker later relayed to me (as he was listening to my conversation) that I was "very politely ripping the guys head off".

Name
    Matt
    Bike(s)
    1978 Honda "Oldwing"

Quote Originally Posted by pashnit
    I was "very politely ripping the guys head off".
    Like a Marine DI, eh?

I was in full panic mode up north here. I officially claim to have been the first PASHNIT forum addict. (Check page 1 of the introductions thread. ) I therefore feel qualified to say that THAT WAS WAY TOO LONG TO BE WITHOUT PASHNIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you're back in business, Tim. You think that Busa can make the trek to AK?

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by Toyuzu
    You think that Busa can make the trek to AK?
    Would love to go back !!! Not sure how the busa would fair on all the hundreds of miles of gravel road I did on this.

Name
    Matt
    Bike(s)
    1978 Honda "Oldwing"

I think the Venture currently in your garage is frantically saying "ride me!!! RIDE MEEE!!!!" (to Alaska)

Just be sure to pack a roll of speaker wire. ;-)

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by pashnit
    While I was on the phone with the IT people rather poignantly expressing my displeasure, my coworker later relayed to me (as he was listening to my conversation) that I was "very politely ripping the guys head off".
    "Like a Marine DI, eh?"

Tim: Good morning ladies. Seems you filthy maggots FUBARed my A.O.

I really would appreciate you getting it back online before I PT your disguisting hog bodies into cyber hell. Drop and give me fifty.

Am I clear?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

I STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Name
    Kurt
    Bike(s)
    Hypermotard

Quote Originally Posted by DavidO
    Thankfully - That gave me a scare. Didn't know I had it so bad until I found myself on SBR & BARF. I'm back now <whew>.
    Ooh, me too! That was horrifying. Hurting so bad for a Pashnit fix that I turned to BARF!

So glad we're back!

Kurt

Go'n some place new...... 2on2off's Avatar
    Name
    Jim
    Bike(s)
    KTM 500EXC, Goldwing

You had me worried for a while. Was there a hostile takeover by a rival site????? .....was it my computer???????.......did I do something wrong????......did I send a corrupted file attachment??????........soooo many questions and no answers for two days and my ride report got lost in cyber space space space space space............and I'm still getting unpleasant messages............upload failed failed failed failed failed............

Anyway, glad you are almost all the way back up up up up up up up up........
    I came to ride and ride and ride and ride............

Name
    Erik
    Bike(s)
    2007 Z1000

..glad we're back,looks like my thread with pictures from my ride got nuked.oh well...
    "The purpose of Law in our time is to create a web in which the common man cannot live without being guilty of some crime." - Ayn Rand

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Okay folks, here's the latest. This little saga still isn't over, without getting too much into detail it seems there was indeed some data loss on some of the most recent threads with photos. I'm still trying to figure that out. Some of you may choose to re-upload your pics, however, the file attachment system still isn't working yet. More on that as we get that figured out. Yesterday, called the IT dept at midnight and sat on phone for an hour trying to get things sorted out. I would do that again right now, but only about 12 hrs of sleep in last 3 days (sick kids up at 3am), so I'm spent.

If the pashnit site shuts itself off, it will come back on line shortly, but no plans of that just yet. I was hoping the larger server will solve the connectivity issues, however I can't be sure of that just yet. If not, I'll have to move the entire site to something a little more specialized called a 'virtual server'.

We're still on target with projections of around 15,000 members by the turn of the year at current growth rates which isn't slowing down at all. In addition, still working on about 5 more major projects of expansion: an eCommerce store of common items, a zip code project to track members locations, and even the 'Pashnit Chapters' idea which someone had suggested just to name a few. Easily take 4,6,12 months depending on how long these projects take- mainly ideas put forth in the 'think-tank' thread. And I think I may have finally found the software engineer I've been looking for to build all of this (again, ideas that all of you have suggested).

Tomorrow we will welcome our 8000th member to the Pashnit Forum. Oh, and I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

chrome makes ya go faster redzdvl's Avatar
    Name
    Marc
    Bike(s)
    2001 Suzuki Intruder Volusia Black/White "Skunk"

I volunteer 4 the VA Chapter... ( would we get a free t-shirt or sumthin... ) even if we dont, i'd still do it... wife complains i dont do enuf around the house ... maybe if i'm not home she'll stop complaining

(but i do have some good news... my wife makes a butt load of money by workin for GEICO ...)
    "Some People R Like Slinky's- Basically Useless, But Still Bring A Smile 2 Your Face When U Push Them Down A Flight Of Stairs"

Thread Information