Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time for the 2006 Fall Pashnit Gathering - Oct 27-29th

Re: It's time for the 2006 Fall Pashnit Gathering - Oct 27-29th

Big, Mrs. & Little D are in!
    I'll be riding up this time and Mrs. D can tote everything else up in the van. I might even pack up one of the Morini powered scoots.

Happy Trails.

I have two questions. My girlfriend and I are trying to work out if we can attend, we need to ensure we have child care for her 4 daughters either at Grandma's or Aunt's home for the weekend. In a effort to keep our cost down to a minimum, we plan on tenting. Since its likely to be a bit on the chilly side and I have cold weather riding gear, if we can attend, we plan on packing all the gear in her Jeep and bringing both the Jeep and my Bandit to the gathering. My questions are this: Will having the Jeep in the camping area be a problem ( I told her it shouldn't be) and are there bathroom facilities available close by the tenting area? If we do end up coming, I'm bringing my Coleman campstove and my french press coffee maker!

Ray
    A Veteran is someone who once wrote a blank check to "The USA” for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who don't understand it.

Ray the jeep is no problem. There will be other cages, trailers and motorhomes. Bring extra warm gear and sleeping bags. It can get very cold at night! This only happened the last night of last falls Gathering. But be prepared.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "The key to life is to die young, at a very old age"

"Ride like you own the road, and one day the road will own you"

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerdale
    Ray the jeep is no problem. There will be other cages, trailers and motorhomes. Bring extra warm gear and sleeping bags. It can get very cold at night! This only happened the last night of last falls Gathering. But be prepared.

Ok so question #1 answered, and the cold weather gear I have. I even have a pair of Eddie Bauer down filled sleeping bags rated to 25 below zero. One was my Grandfathers and the other my folks gave me when I was still a kid. Staying warm won't be a problem, but as far as getting out of bed to make coffee in the morning...well thats a different story.

Question #2, not yet answered, and thats the one my girlfriend asked this morning. I'm guessing from reading other threads about previous gatherings there that this is becoming a motorcycle campground so I'm hoping there are facilities available. We're not really concerned about bathing facilities, it'll be cool weather and only a day or two, but we were wondering about having to water the trees!

Either way, from the pics you posted, it looks like I'll be able to make good use of my new Geza Pro cover. I should have it by then.

Ray
    A Veteran is someone who once wrote a blank check to "The USA” for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who don't understand it.

There are flush toilets in the restrooms. I don't know if Tim (The Other Tim, the owner and Pashnits partner in touring) has the showers working yet.

It is definitely a motorcycle campground/playground. That is the ultimate goal. A camping facility for motorcycles, both street and dirt!

Back Marker/Renee, Gary and Helmetdance/Mark in front of MotoRyders/Johns camp.

A campfire ready for night fall.

My little camp.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Yayyyyyyy! Both questions answered! Girlfriend told me a little bit ago that one or the other of her family members are agreed to watching the girls. Only one more hurdle to clear. My girlfriend is normally off Friday and Saturday so if she can get someone to cover for her on Sunday, we should be in. As soon as we can firm up the minor details, I'll let ya'll know for sure.

Ray

Ride the wheels off it VFR Pilot's Avatar

OK I'm going to try this Sopiago Springs Resort Pashnit Gathering thing again Let see if I can make it there without the break down trouble I had for the Sring gathering
    Life is like a sewer what you get out of it depends on what you put in to it!!!!
    US ARMY Retired Cavalry "VELOX ET MORTIFED"

Quote Originally Posted by VFR Pilot
    OK I'm going to try this Sopiago Springs Resort Pashnit Gathering thing again Let see if I can make it there without the break down trouble I had for the Sring gathering
    That's easy Brad, take the VFR and leave the truck at home!

Ride the wheels off it VFR Pilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerdale
    That's easy Brad, take the VFR and leave the truck at home!
    Well that was the plan Dale, this will strickly be a two wheel trip . Now I just need to Figure out what to take VFR or Transalp
    Life is like a sewer what you get out of it depends on what you put in to it!!!!
    US ARMY Retired Cavalry "VELOX ET MORTIFED"

My son and I will be there.

Thread Information