Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Boots

Re: Boots

My Redwing Women's motorcycle boots are great. They are $129.00 out the door in Oregon so if you have sales tax, add it. They are very supple, but are sturdy and stay on your foot. Boot #1669.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/ProductR...SubType=Zipper
    Duck in Flames

I Miss my Bonneville... Sbyllek's Avatar

Thanx Martie
    Language is the apparel in which our thoughts parade before the public.
    Never clothe them in vulgar or shoddy attire.

Kelly,

Look at the Red Wing as well. There usually is sufficient support in that line of boots.

I don't think a steel shank is all that necessary. I put on 600 miles in a day sometimes and the least of my worries is a boot sole. Comfy, sturdy, yes. One that isn't going to slip in oil at a stoplight.

There is a shop at Douglas Blvd and Sierra College Blvd in Roseville that has jackets and pants at 50% off. They may also have boots. Do the math, it might do you well to stop there!

10% Angel 90% Hooligan demenshea's Avatar

Hello Kelly,

I was chuckling at all the guys giving you advice on women's boots!!! Nice of you guys, but what do you know??? Seriously, it is wonderful all the response that you have gotten, and I figured i had better jump in and give you my

I was at Throttlewear about a week ago and they had these boots on close out. So I tried on a pair, as my Harley boots are a bit thick unless i adjust the shifter on many bikes. Anyway, they fit well and looked decent, however until i get my new bike, I thought I would hold off.

Here is a link to ebay where they are even less money. I am not sure what size you would take, but the dealer selling these has several pairs. The shipping is exorbitant, however if you visit their ebay store, shipping is free.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vega-...spagenameZWD1V

They are leather uppers, waterproof and have rubber soles, which made them near perfect. So for just over the price of your gloves, you can get a pair of boots.

Beware the Harley store for boots. I thought surly they would have a bunch, but alas, only 2 pair were "riding" boots for women, and about 40 fashion boots that are called "after the ride". Silly silly!!

Oh ya, and if looking for heels, they really should be molded into the sole so they won't break off. Tacked on heels are a bad idea.

Good luck!!!

And what bikes did you sit on and like???? Inquiring minds want to know.

cheers,
    donna
    “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment." Papa-Ken

Ride Like a Girl
    Travel Blog for Riders

Nodding Yes Re: Boots

Thanx Donna!
    It is awesome the response I have gotten.
    This is a great forum with a really neat-o bunch of people.
    As a "baby biker" I have lots (and lots) of questions and the feedback I have gotten on each one is incredible...and very much appreciated!

As for the bikes...
    I sat on a Ninja 250 (a bit smaller than I expected but very light...probably perfect for a newbie!)
    A Ninja 650R (very pretty bike...Loved it...just needs to be a teensy bit lower)
    A Rebel (hubby wanted me to sample what I would most likely be riding this weekend during the MSF course)
    3 different Vulcans (Ooooooooh...me likey )
    A Busa (for grins and giggles...that is a WHOLE LOTTA BIKE!)
    And a SV650 (hubby's is an SV650 S...wanted to see what a more upright position was like)
    I think that was all...still learning the bikes (finally looked up the "Gixxer" today...)
    Had fun though...can't wait for this weekend!!
    Got pink gloves today to match my pink helmet and jacket...

Kelly, make sure don't just get any boots. I had my Nine West boots with heels but it does not give me enough traction and I slipped few times. Now I won't go anywhere without my real riding boots, good protection too since I like speed hahha....
    Ninja 650R - it's a bit tall bike. I am also 5'3'' but I lowered it and still have to tip toe. I was so scared at first but now...what the heck.....I will ask someone to push the bike when I could not back up my bike or ask someone to park the bike hahha......

Moto shopping is fun huh? Great color combo girl!! Now are getting pink boa to match your whole outfit?

10% Angel 90% Hooligan demenshea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sbyllek
    As for the bikes...
    I sat on a Ninja 250 (a bit smaller than I expected but very light...probably perfect for a newbie!)
    A Ninja 650R (very pretty bike...Loved it...just needs to be a teensy bit lower)
    A Rebel (hubby wanted me to sample what I would most likely be riding this weekend during the MSF course)
    3 different Vulcans (Ooooooooh...me likey )
    A Busa (for grins and giggles...that is a WHOLE LOTTA BIKE!)
    And a SV650 (hubby's is an SV650 S...wanted to see what a more upright position was like)
    I think that was all...still learning the bikes (finally looked up the "Gixxer" today...)
    Had fun though...can't wait for this weekend!!
    Got pink gloves today to match my pink helmet and jacket...

You are really entertaining a diverse bike selection there Kelly...Good for you to sit on them all and see how they feel. Sounds like you really liked the Vulcans, so are you leaning more toward a cruiser or sportie? Some of the MSF courses use Honda Nighthawks as well as Rebels, so depending upon what you are more interested in, choose your school bike.

I rode the Rebel which sent me on the road toward cruisers. Now, I have to wonder what would have happened if I started riding a more upright positioned bike, like the Nighthawk.

Good luck on your class! When does it begin?

I know a woman who rides a pink Ninja...personally, it seems a crime... but it does make me smile! Love the pink moto-clothes!!

cheers,
    d
    “Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment." Papa-Ken

Ride Like a Girl
    Travel Blog for Riders

Quote Originally Posted by demenshea
    You are really entertaining a diverse bike selection there Kelly...Good for you to sit on them all and see how they feel. Sounds like you really liked the Vulcans, so are you leaning more toward a cruiser or sportie? Some of the MSF courses use Honda Nighthawks as well as Rebels, so depending upon what you are more interested in, choose your school bike.

Good luck on your class! When does it begin?

I know a woman who rides a pink Ninja...personally, it seems a crime... but it does make me smile! Love the pink moto-clothes!!

cheers,
    d
    I have always liked the look of cruisers but after trying out my hubby's SV650S I realized a sport bike could be a fun ride too...
    My main concern with the sporty type bikes is my carpal tunnel syndrome...with all that pressure on my wrists I'm afraid I might have issues on longer rides...
    The cruisers seem to offer a more comfortable riding position.
    I hope there are both types of bike at the MSF course and that I get a chance to try out both...
    The MSF course is this Saturday and Sunday (Aug 19/20) ...I can't wait!
    Then the following weekend we're off to Hayfork to visit friends (hubby has been itching to ride Hwy 36 (?) for months!) and I'm going to test ride the Vulcan 500 they are selling.

P.S. bought a $25 pair of leather work boots at Wal-Mart tonight...they'll get me through the MSF course and the next few months/year(?) of riding and searching for the right bike.

Thanx everyone for your advice!!

have fun on the class.

Thanx! I fully intend to!!

Thread Information