Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Tour of Pashnit California- Ocean, Mountains & Giant Sequoias

Kinda new round here speedracer800's Avatar
    Name
    Chris
    Bike(s)
    Suzuki VX800 Suzuki 1200 Bandit

Re: The Grand Tour of Pashnit California- Ocean, Mountains & Giant Sequoias

Hi my is Chris,I live in Southern Oregon and I been riding a Suzuki VX800 for about 10 yrs but I just bought a Suzuki 1200 Bandit.There is 9 of us that ride together.6 of us just did 3600 miles in July.Sometimes we sneak into Calif. to ride Hwy 3...........Chris

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Ron
    Bike(s)
    '04 Yamaha FZ6. Honda XR250

This looks it was an awesome trip. How do I go about getting started riding with a group?
    Thanks for any help in getting started......Ron

Name
    Tim
    Bike(s)
    Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by Ron G.
    This looks it was an awesome trip. How do I go about getting started riding with a group?
    Thanks for any help in getting started......Ron
    Ron - as in finding other riders to head out with? Easiest answer might be as you are in Benicia- the edge of the Bay Area, just post over in the Group Rides section that you'd like to hook up with someone and see what happens.
    http://www.pashnit.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

If you wanted to do an organized ride like this one was, includes a leader & a sweeper, all planning taken care of for you, and just show up on Friday morning ready to ride for 4 days- clicky here:
    http://www.pashnittours.com/tour_4.html
    We'll do this same ride on Labor Day Weekend 2007.

Also note that on Memorial Day weekend 2007, we do the opposite loop going north out of San Francisco.

Those photos are here btw of the 2006 4-Day NorCal Ride:
    http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6545

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Ron,

If you are ever going to be in or near Kern County, give a post or a PM and I'll show you some of the local secret roads. Just don't mess with my Pashnit sticker (page 2 post # 29).

You might also begin planning for the Spring Gathering at Sopiago. A whole bunch of riding maniacs that will be hitting the road and dirt at various times. Even a suggestion for a ride there will find many who will saddle up in a New York minute.

Meanwhile the best thing is to keep your eye peeled for any ride near you and post up. I have not been disappointed by any Pashnit group yet...very good group of people to ride with.
    Matthew 7: 21-27
    "There is no smaller package in the world that that of a person all wrapped up in himself." William Sloane Coffin, Jr.

Name
    Christopher
    Bike(s)
    2012 BMW S1000RR

thank you, thank you, thank you I am so over joyed with all of the info., pics, and friendships that Pashnit is.

On another note I would also wish to thank you for all of the info on rides and roads here in the central part of the state. Thank you for sharing these rides with all of us.

OldDUC
    Name
    Bob
    Bike(s)
    '04 BMW R11S Boxercu

Re: The Grand Tour of Pashnit California- Ocean & Mountains

That unidentified succulent in #15, I believe, is an Aeonium Arboreum.

Many varieties, the strangest of which, called Schwarzkopf has dark purple leaves that look almost black.

Name:  Zwartkop.jpg
Views: 2210
Size:  31.4 KB

Name
    Neil
    Bike(s)
    Honda ST1300A

To everyone reading these threads - the enthusiasts, the inquisitive, the lurkers (I was one too ) - if you are wondering if the trip was worth it, it was entirely. The roads, the people, the overwhelming organization that appeared as if everything was spontaneous. The entire trip was great. My dad welcomed his 60th year in a fashion few other Wisconsinites have even dreamed of. This was the trip of a lifetime for him. The moments of adrenaline - coming down the ridgelines . The views of unexplainable grandure - Yosemite . Meeting up with new friends along the way - howdy Lawdawg . The trip mishaps that weren't mentioned in the thread - as in the rental Harley with the alarm that wouldn't turn off . Every moment was memorable. This trip was worth every penny and more. I can't wait to go on another Pashnit tour. I have since changed my bike to a more capable Hayabusa, but the tour moves at everyone's one pace. Tim runs a great program and no one is left behind.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
    AMA # 1010522

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Tripletap
    Meeting up with new friends along the way - howdy Lawdawg .
    Howdy Neil. 'Bout time you started posting up (Moto cops, always slow to check in ). BTW really like your new steed (the Busa, not the RTP). You must come on down South (after Feburary I'll be hobbled for about six months though) so I can drool on her.
    "There is no smaller package in the world that that of a person all wrapped up in himself." William Sloane Coffin, Jr.

Name
    Neil
    Bike(s)
    Honda ST1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg
    Howdy Neil. 'Bout time you started posting up (Moto cops, always slow to check in )
    ...and Deputies are just plain slow .

It would be great to stop in and see you. Lots of area to play in down in your neck of the woods. Too bad about you bein' out of commission. We've got quite the two wheeled herd at TPD lookin' for day trips. Hopefully you'll be good by the end of summer and can join us. Imagine that...a sole county mountie amongst a clan of black-n-white premadonnas...it'll be awesome!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
    AMA # 1010522

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Tripletap
    Hopefully you'll be good by the end of summer and can join us. Imagine that...a sole county mountie amongst a clan of black-n-white premadonnas...it'll be awesome!
    Since the average Deputy is at home being in the poo all alone...I'll try to be gentle with you city boys.

Might have a new knee (as in stainless steel) by Summer.

Thread Information