Page 18 of 930 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 43 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

I took a little run from the Hollywood Bowl area to Pnt. Dume on New Years Day. Decided to take a different route back which took me past the Santa Monica pier. This is a shot of The Veterans fo Peace Arlington West "installation". It'll be there as long as we're in Iraq.
    Being a vet f/ the Viet Nam era I just had to stop and take a look see.
    Sure gives you a better idea of what 3000 looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by bodiecat; 01-16-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: practise, more photos

Quote Originally Posted by webpager
    Introduce myself? That's always hard to do to strangers. OK - here goes an effort:

No, she's a model....
    Beautiful ride, man! ... and the bikes pretty cute, too
    Welcome to Coolifornia!
    Walt
    '05 R1200GS
    '06 R1200RT
    Central Coast Motorcycling Weather Dual Sporting the Carrizo Plain
    2009 goal: hike 1200 miles this year. Only 837 more to go.

Hey all
    I ride a BMW K1200RS and loving it. Just got into this website a while ago and am having more fun than a forest full of monkeys. Thank you for all the info and fun stuff! Still trying to figure out how to put a picture on this site. All my pics are JPEG and too large - so I am told.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by aperkon
    Still trying to figure out how to put a picture on this site. All my pics are JPEG and too large - so I am told.
    Andy
    Andy, try this website http://www.irfanview.com

Download it for free, open it, select a photo. Go to the 'Image' pull down list and select 'Resize/Resample' You can type in your dimensions...usually about 600x400. You only have to change either the height or width. The program adjusts the other automatically. Save it into 'My Pictures'. Once its there, right click on the thumbnail and select 'Properties'. The size for a JPEG should be no larger than 200KB to post on Pashnit. If it is, do the whole process over but reduce the dimensions a little. Once you get it under 200KB, you should be able to upload your pics lickety split. Good luck. If you have any problems, private message me and I'll walk you through it.

Neil
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
    AMA # 1010522

My name is mike and I am trying to plan a road trip to California from Calgary Alberta Canada. My problem is there is so much to see I do not know where to start. I would like to do the wine country and the coastline.
    I have been riding for the last three years after a long hiatus and recently have purchased a new 2006 Goldwing. If any body can suggest a nice circle route, it would be appreciated.
    Mike Lorincz

Newbie - DucatiIndian - Calif Bay Area

Hi Everyone,
    I've recently taken up "touring" w/ the acquisition of a Multistrada. My other bike is a 916 and as you can imagine, I am a huge Ducati fan.

I've been riding with the South Bay Riders in the Bay Area and enjoy riding with motorcycle fans.

Ride on..

Will work for tires

Hi all,
    I'm Mark, I joined a while ago and am finally posting up now. I'm from Fresno but go to school in Davis. I've only been riding a couple of years even though I got my license when I was 16, had to wait till I moved out of the house. haha

I ride an 82 Seca 750 I rebuilt and just acquired a 95 FZR600 that needs some work. Anyway here are some pics of my toys.
    See ya on the road.

Name:  Unkeldunkel-1.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  Unkeldunkel-2.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  60.0 KB

No, she's just a model...

Quote Originally Posted by Tripletap
    ummmmm...I should've been a photographer. Welcome to the site and your, ahem, friends are always welcome as well.

Well, if you're ever in the area with one of your bikes, I'm always looking for props for some models. You'd get copies of everything as well...
    Photographer, single, always looking for subjects...

Quote Originally Posted by wbunning
    Beautiful ride, man! ... and the bikes pretty cute, too
    Welcome to Coolifornia!
    Thanks - I'll pass on the compliment to the model.

As I noted to the last responder - if you're ever in my area with a bike, I'm always looking for props for models, and you'd get a copy of all images...

Quote Originally Posted by lorinczm
    My name is mike and I am trying to plan a road trip to California from Calgary Alberta Canada. My problem is there is so much to see I do not know where to start. I would like to do the wine country and the coastline....
    Mike,

Sounds like a great long ride. I'm not sure how far down you're planning, but I'm in the San Francisco Bay area. I don't have a specific route, but if you come down on the coast, you've got Wine Country, San Francisco, Pacific Coast Highway, Monterey, and a lot more as you go south. On the return trip, you could go a little inland and one of the stops could be Yosemite.

You might even take a look at some of the Pashnit rides and combine some of the tours.

I found this map at a different site, but, depending on how far south you're planning, thought it might be a little bit of info.

Good luck - let us know and maybe we can have a Pashnit group meet and greet!

Name:  ad-map.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  22.1 KB

Thread Information