Page 357 of 930 FirstFirst ... 257 307 332 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 382 407 457 857 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 9296

Thread: Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

Name
    Dave
    Bike(s)
    VStar 650 Classic

Computer Punched Me Greetings from north central Iowa

Greetings fellow riders...

I just happened upon this forum because of a link on 650ccnd.com's VStar forum. I was reading all about a 7500 mile trip on a Honda Rebel. Wow, what a ride! I'd love to take a trip like that one day.

Anyway, before I could continue past page one of that saga, I had to register to become a member... so here I am

I did a bit of reading about how this forum came to be and it seems like this is the kind of place I'm going to enjoy spending what little free time I have left out of my day. Just what I really needed was another forum to read... I already subscribe to 5 others (4 of those are snowmobile related, I just recently got into bikes).

Currently, I am waiting for winter to get over with so I can get the bike out again. We started out with a nice strong snowy winter, but that has quickly gone down the crapper and my sled has been sitting on the trailer for far too long. If we aren't going to have snow, we might just as well have nice warm sunny days so I can enjoy the bike. If we are going to have cold and ice, we ought to have lots of snow to go along with it so I can ride the sled. I feel like Mother Nature just doesn't want me to maintain my sanity! (what little there is of it)

Anyway, I currently own a 2000 VStar 650 that I bought from a co-worker last summer. I put a couple thousand miles on it before extreme cold forced me to put it in storage. Throughout the winter, I've made plans on what I'd like to do to the bike for the spring, but money has been lacking. Now I've almost got myself talked into selling my sled to finance the changes to the bike. I certainly get more use out of the bike than I do my sled. I talked to a friend in the bodyshop business yesterday morning and I believe that we'll be getting my bike repainted within the next couple months. I just need to strip the tins off of it and get them to the shop (this comes down to free time I seem to have a lack of).

I was going to post a picture of me and my bike, but I'm on the laptop right now. My desktop decided to blow the hard drive controller yesterday morning. Well, I guess I'll go read some more of the forum and get familiar with the lay of the land.

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Paul
    Bike(s)
    Harley Ultra Classic

Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

Hi fellow riders, just call me Hobsio. Started riding before many of you were born, in 1967. First bike was a 1966 Sportster; from there I went to a 1965 Triumph. Stopped riding in 1970, at the request of a long ago removed ex wife. In 2005, I went into a Honda dealer to buy some generator oil, and came out with a 2005 Honda VTX 1300C. Well that lasted until Oct 2008, when I went to a 2008 Harley FLTH Anniversary addition. .
    I try and ride as much as I can. In fact have a one week Northern Calif trip planned. Look forward to sharing news and comments.

Hobsio
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Kinda new round here Photonjock's Avatar
    Name
    Roy
    Bike(s)
    '07 Stratoliner 'S'

New Pashnit member riding an '07 Strat S

Hello to everyone! I just read Andrew's 7500 mile tour of the US and decided to join the forums. I work and ride in the SF bay area and hope to connect with other Roadliner\Stratoliner riders, we are a rare breed!

-Photonjock-

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Kevin
    Bike(s)
    1984 Honda CB650SC

DR vs KLR's

Hi everyone;

Great forum, great stories. Makes me want to move to California and go canyon hopping. Up here in the Great White North it's more mountain climbing, but the stories here certainly make me want to spend more time in the saddle.

Question: Currently own a small DR (200) and looking to upgrade. Who makes the better dual sport - Suzuki or Kawasaki? I like the light weight of the DR (makes it easier to get in and out of the back of my van) but the KLR seems a bit more bullet proof. Seems I also read somewhere that the KLR had a balance shaft to smooth out the engine which might reduce fatigiue and sore butt syndrome.

Stories and experiences?

Thanks!

Kinda new round here
    Name
    andrew
    Bike(s)
    vfr800

Hello this is Andrew Boehm from the Wildwood Store and Cafe in Wildwood, California. I bought the store in 2007 and things are going pretty good. Just wanted to let the motorcyclists know that all motorcycles are welcome here. We have super unleaded and a full cafe. You can also call any time for road conditions on the highway. The store number is (530) 628-5323. I pretty much commute the highway everyday from Redding, California to Wildwood. I usually ride my '98 VFR 800 or I might be out in the forest on my KTM. I've been riding motorcycles my whole life and also racing AFM and other venues. AFM number 607. We will also be having some motorcycle events at the store this year. Go the website; wildwoodstore.com. Thanks

Name
    Sydney
    FOLSOM!!! Not the Prison! 175K & counting!
    Bike(s)
    '05 Victory Kingpin

Quote Originally Posted by Hobsio View Post
    Hi fellow riders, just call me Hobsio. Started riding before many of you were born, in 1967. First bike was a 1966 Sportster; from there I went to a 1965 Triumph. Stopped riding in 1970, at the request of a long ago removed ex wife. In 2005, I went into a Honda dealer to buy some generator oil, and came out with a 2005 Honda VTX 1300C. Well that lasted until Oct 2008, when I went to a 2008 Harley FLTH Anniversary addition. .
    I try and ride as much as I can. In fact have a one week Northern Calif trip planned. Look forward to sharing news and comments.

Hobsio
    HAHA You underestimate us. Welcome aboard.

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Carl
    Bike(s)
    R1150GS

Ak greetings

Hello Everyone,
    I finally registered and the encouraging comment to introduce myself made me feel a bit guilty. I've been a lurker for some time and enjoy all the forums. My web name is CSinSC because I moved from SCal to Ak last year and used it on other related sites. I live on Kodiak island and plan to do some riding on the mainland this summer on a GS. I don't know a lot about AK riding but I can give you good gouge if you want to include the island in your AK tour.
    I'm hoping to ride an RT from in the lower 48 up in early May. Anyone headed up about that time drop me a line. It will be the first MC ride to Ak.

Thanks for the great site,
    Carl

Name
    Bill
    Bike(s)
    Honda St 1300 '03

Quote Originally Posted by boehmoto View Post
    Hello this is Andrew Boehm from the Wildwood Store and Cafe in Wildwood, California. I bought the store in 2007 and things Just wanted to let the motorcyclists know that all motorcycles are welcome here. We have super unleaded and a full cafe. You can also call any time for road conditions on the highway. The store number is (530) 628-5323.
    Hi Andrew, welcome to Pashnit. On our annual Hwy 36 ride we always stop for breakfast. This year we were treated to trials videos on the TV while we ate. That was cool. The inside of the store is filled with m/c stuff.

You need to start a Wildwood store thread or I can do it this weekend. Right now I think I'll start for the bedroom, nighty night. LOL

Bill

Name
    Ben
    Bike(s)
    Yamaha Raptor 700R

Re: Ak greetings

Quote Originally Posted by CSinSC View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I finally registered and the encouraging comment to introduce myself made me feel a bit guilty. I've been a lurker for some time and enjoy all the forums. My web name is CSinSC because I moved from SCal to Ak last year and used it on other related sites. I live on Kodiak island and plan to do some riding on the mainland this summer on a GS. I don't know a lot about AK riding but I can give you good gouge if you want to include the island in your AK tour.
    I'm hoping to ride an RT from in the lower 48 up in early May. Anyone headed up about that time drop me a line. It will be the first MC ride to Ak.

Thanks for the great site,
    Carl
    Hey Carl, how do you like it there on Kodiak? I'll hopefully be taking a civilian job with the Coast Guard there. Can you give me any info about housing or rentals? There isn't a thing on the internet. How do you like it?

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Carl
    Bike(s)
    R1150GS

Kodiak

I have lived here before and was excited about the chance to come back. I love it except I miss the year round riding down south, the long nights short days get old and we can have some pretty nasty weather. The people are friendly, no traffic to speak of, and if you like to fish this is the place. Great salmon and halibut fishing. There are rentals available but many are advertised locally. Drop me a PM and what you're looking for and I will be glad to send some information.

Page 357 of 930 FirstFirst ... 257 307 332 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 382 407 457 857 ... LastLast

Thread Information