Page 360 of 930 FirstFirst ... 260 310 335 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 385 410 460 860 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 9296

Thread: Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

Kinda new round here
    Name
    William
    Bike(s)
    07 Hayabusa

Re: I'm New Here...

Quote Originally Posted by stevewc View Post
    I think it's supposed to be a phonetic representation of 'passionate'.

I've seen it written as Pash'N'it

I hope I've got that correct and will allow our venerable mentor (and site founder) Tim to smite me if I've got it wrong.

Stephen
    k, thanks

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Dave
    Bike(s)
    GTS 250

Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

Hi!

New member from Ohio, heard about Pashnit on another forum and stopped by to check it out.

I hope do so some local riding and photography, I am sure I will enjoy it here and learn some things along way!

Dave

Kinda new round here
    Name
    morris
    Bike(s)
    honda cbr 1000

just joined. have honda 250x for dirt.. 4 bikes for road[rural county] and track. r6, buell,cbr 1000& ducati monster 1000. interested in longer trips. used ducati...not ideal for neck and wrists. considering new k1300s vs. r 1200gs. comfort,speed important. will not use for off road. advise on which to get? will k bike be comfortable for neck/wrists. thanks mo

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Dave
    Bike(s)
    '09 H-D FLTR

Hi, I'm the new kid...

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have lived in true northern Ca. for 32 years. I've ridden motorcycles since my teens (many moons ago). Last fall I sold my '01 H-D Road Glide and ordered the '09 RG I expect to have next month. This is my retirement bike, and though I have decided to postpone retirement, my goal is to spend as much time as possible touring the USA and Canada.

I look forward to sharing my travels as well as hearing about the adventures of others.

Dave

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by morris.aron View Post
    considering new k1300s vs. r 1200gs. comfort,speed important. will not use for off road. advise on which to get? will k bike be comfortable for neck/wrists. thanks mo
    Welcome Morris.

The K bike will do (ergonomics considered...try a test ride) for hair on fire speed. The R1200GS will not take you above a buck thirty (BMW calls this useable power) but is a real surprise in the handling department plus you can load it up like a truck for touring (the suspension is great). A GS in the hands of a competent rider will twisty walk away from many bikes you would not think it would.

I BTW am absolutely loving my F800GS (thanks Gail @ Modesto Cycle Specialties...BTW, where is my royalty check?). Surprisingly quick and nimble.
    Matthew 7: 21-27
    "There is no smaller package in the world that that of a person all wrapped up in himself." William Sloane Coffin, Jr.

Kinda new round here
    Name
    jman
    Bike(s)
    2005 connie

Greetings from the snow capital of canada.....
    Cornwall ontario.just purchased my twelth motorcycle....a 2005 connie.i've test driven a couple over the years....should have bought one,and was seriously considering one during mt last 2 purchases......just couldn't find one or didn't try hard enough i guess. Big mistake. I tripped over one mid feb. Of this year.one that had been involved in a minor tumble....i have all the pictures...damages seem to be mostly cosmetic. They have all been rectified, professionaly....bike looks great, but i guess i won't really know until i take it for a spin in a few weeks.it has 8500 miles, sounds great! I paid $4500.00 canadian. Assuming everything pans out after my first few rides..... How did i do????
    I'm a retired school teacher,enjoying my second career as a one man band performer.....something i've been doing "part time" for the last 25 years. This retirement gig is great work if you can get it...... Anyways......i think my "personal introduction", has run it's time.....i'm well versed in the "connie" pros and cons"....looking forward to reading your continued experiences and love affairs with the "road fever" that we are all willing prisoners of.....although i think the possibilities of my enjoying one of your gatherings is slim to none since i am so far away,and there are no canadian chapters....as far as i know......later.....the jman

Name
    Jim
    Bike(s)
    Roadliner

Hello, My name is Jim, I lucked onto this site and love the pics. I was born in Ventura and raised in Ojai, I used to live in Paradise Calif., now live in Gem Village Co. just outside Durango Co. We have some of the most scenic riding any where. I rode 299 last year from Oregon coast to Paradise. Will be back out thru there this spring. Thanks Jim

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Derek
    Bike(s)
    03 conscourse

hey fellow bikers i've been riding sport tourers for pass ten years and have found some thrilling roads to curve up. i perferr non-freeway ways touring

Name
    Bill
    Bike(s)
    08 Hayabusa

Well I am a new member to this site and I ride a 05 FJR and I just pick up a new 0 mile Orange 08 Hayabusa . I can't wait to get the new bike out if the the weather ever warms up, it was 22 below zero this morning up here in northern Wisconsin.

Name
    Jim
    Bike(s)
    thingy with 2 jugs

Re: I'm New Here...

Quote Originally Posted by stevewc View Post
    I think it's supposed to be a phonetic representation of 'passionate'. I've seen it written as Pash'N'it
    correct
    I hope I've got that correct
    Stephen
    You get two pashnit points, redeemable on your next ride.

Welcome new members!

Quote Originally Posted by morris.aron
    ...considering new k1300s vs. r 1200gs. comfort,speed important. will not use for off road. advise on which to get? will k bike be comfortable for neck/wrists. thanks mo
    On the business about the K1300S, I can tell you after piloting a 1200S that the bike is well sorted.

• Power like an Electric Locomotive
    • Seat reasonably good long distance
    • Very good in curves and twists for a bike with a Buick Electra 225 wheelbase

Dislikes:
    • Parking lot horror (difficult to ride slow)
    • Sport Touring Clip-ons will start shoulder neck and wrist pain in one hour
    • Likes Premium Fuel like a Sumo wrestler likes rice. 30MPG unless you play nice boy-scout
    • Constabulary much more attracted to this bike than my GS

You might want to look at the 1300R or the GT for better long distance comfort, same power and delights.

If you don't see yourself going offroad ever, and really want a gentleman's express that can cruise at 100-115, don't overlook the R1200RT. Owners rave about them for ability and comfort, and they are kinder on the fuel bill. 105HP isn' bad either, and they handle very, very well. Erm, you can embarrass the sportbike crowd with one.
    "Not all those who wander are lost."
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 360 of 930 FirstFirst ... 260 310 335 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 385 410 460 860 ... LastLast

Thread Information