Page 770 of 930 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 745 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 795 820 870 ... LastLast
Results 7,691 to 7,700 of 9296

Thread: Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

Kinda new round here
    Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    1999 Honda CBR1100xx

Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

I am a new member to the forum. I like to make weekend day rides, and also make 3-day and 4-day weekend rides. I like to stay on the pavement, and sleep in motels. I ride at a brisk sport-touring pace. I like to keep a low profile around the LEO's and I'm happy to ride without incidents and speed awards. When I get off onto a rural river road I like to amp it up for a while.

I like to make long weekend trips to Eastern Oregon, and like to hit the Northern California Sierras. I ride year around, unless freezing is expected. I like to ride with responsible, mature riders.

I have a 1999 Honda CBR1100xx and a BMW K1300GT. I like to maintain my own bikes.

I am eager to meet new people and expand my network of riding friends. I do not like to ride alone. The optimum group size for me is between 3 and 8.

I live near Alger, WA and work nights. I am free to ride mornings, weekends, and with a little planning can easily get away on weekends.

If anyone thinks we may be a riding - partner match, and would like to make a ride, or a meet & greet I would appreciate it much.

Thanks, John

Kinda new round here
    Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    XR-650L

Hi, I'm 71 years old retired Navy. Been just pleasure riding for years. My son was an avid biker but he died two years ago as the result of a motorcycle accident. I would like to ride the Trans America Trail in his honor. he never rode it but I,m sure he would have loved to. I met a guy in Jellico TN who was just heading into TAT. He showed me the maps and all and I know I had to put this on my bucket list.

Name
    Mark
    Bike(s)
    Yes

Welcome John.

What a tribute the TAT would be and couple that with your age...wow, simply wow! We will expect a Ride report with pics ya know...
    Matthew 7: 21-27

Kinda new round here
    Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    XR-650L

Have to get in shape. I'm in pretty good shape now,my doc says I am in good health with the heart of a 40 year old. I want to get a new bike also,probably stick with the Honda XR. Looking forward to mabye next year as I understand it might be a bit late to cross some areas out west. I'm not getting old,I refuse to get old.

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Patty
    Bike(s)
    Burgman 400

Hi,
    My name is Patty. I ride a 2009 Kawi ER6n (ie. naked Ninja 650). I'm still a noob, only have about 3000 miles total. I've been lurking here for over a year and have learned quite a bit. Thanks Everyone!

Kinda new round here
    Name
    Brian
    Bike(s)
    cbr600rr 2006

New to Pashnit!

Hello ALL,

Friendly customer service guy at Berkeley CA Honda/Yamaha recommended I stop by this site to check out some roads...

WoW! lots of information and an active community. Glad I found this!

About Me: 26 y/o male from northern cali bay area. Motorcycles have been in my family from day 1. My uncle owned a honda/yamaha/harley dealership for 30+ years in Eureka, Ca. (Richard Miller Motorcycles) I ride a 2006 cbr600rr. Used for commute and weekend warrior. I'm not a knee dragger but I do like to push my limits!

Looking forward to some informative information and hopefully I can be an addition to the online community.

See you out there!

Kinda new round here
    Name
    E
    Bike(s)
    2007 Klr-650

San Diego born and bred. Just bought a used 2007 Klr-650. Stoked to be a part of the riding community. Eager to learn more about my bike and explore the California coast. Looking forward to many many more years of riding.

Your friend on the road G-Ray88's Avatar
    Name
    RUGER
    Bike(s)
    2008 Bonneville

Howdy folks. I'm G-Ray88 a.k.a. Ruger on the TriumphRAT forums. I've been looking at Pashnit for a few years but never have posted.

Later this month (August/2011) I'll be leaving SoCal for a day of plinking with my cousin. We'll be out in the wilds outside of Los Banos for a day but early the next morning I'll cut out (I usually ride solo) and head up over the Golden Gate and check out the Marin Headlands ride. I've got to get a picture like Tim's looking over the GG Bridge.

Later that day I'll set up camp at Big Basin Redwoods park and do some riding in that area.

The next day I'd like to ride the Big Sur Coast to Cambria and then I'll make camp at Santa Margarita Lake near Paso Robles and Atascadero.

Then it's back home to L.A.

I have one question: Is there anything I should know about Hwy 1 between Monterey and Cambria? Heard it was closed this past Spring which changed my plans on the last trip.

Any other tips on the Los Banos to Marin leg would also be appreciated.
    Thanks, and sorry for the long 1st post.
    G-Ray

Name
    JC
    Bike(s)
    2010 FLHXSE

Quote Originally Posted by G-Ray88 View Post
    Howdy folks. I'm G-Ray88 a.k.a. Ruger on the TriumphRAT forums. I've been looking at Pashnit for a few years but never have posted.

Later this month (August/2011) I'll be leaving SoCal for a day of plinking with my cousin. We'll be out in the wilds outside of Los Banos for a day but early the next morning I'll cut out (I usually ride solo) and head up over the Golden Gate and check out the Marin Headlands ride. I've got to get a picture like Tim's looking over the GG Bridge.

Later that day I'll set up camp at Big Basin Redwoods park and do some riding in that area.

The next day I'd like to ride the Big Sur Coast to Cambria and then I'll make camp at Santa Margarita Lake near Paso Robles and Atascadero.

Then it's back home to L.A.

I have one question: Is there anything I should know about Hwy 1 between Monterey and Cambria? Heard it was closed this past Spring which changed my plans on the last trip.

Any other tips on the Los Banos to Marin leg would also be appreciated.
    Thanks, and sorry for the long 1st post.
    G-Ray
    Going north across the golden gate, there's a parking lot/visitors center just north of the bridge on the right. You can get some pretty nice pictures there of the bridge and the city, if it's a clear day.

Also headed north across the bridge, you can take the first offramp, turn left and go back under the freeway then left again (follow that road beside the south bound lanes of Hwy. 101 and follow that road up and around to the right till you get a view like the one I'm posting here.

Big Basin is a nice area and you'll like that campgrounds. It doesn't feel like you're very close to civilization even though you are.

Hwy. 1 is open all the way and they've been working on the roads so they're actually in better condition than they were last year. Here's a link to a four page ride report for Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur that my wife and I did over the 4th of July weekend.... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=64369.0

We look forward to your ride report and pics when you get back....oh yea, and welcome to the board.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Tenebras Lux
    Name
    Chris
    Bike(s)
    2007 DL1000 VStrom

Quote Originally Posted by jpw View Post
    Hi, I'm 71 years old retired Navy. Been just pleasure riding for years. My son was an avid biker but he died two years ago as the result of a motorcycle accident. I would like to ride the Trans America Trail in his honor. he never rode it but I,m sure he would have loved to. I met a guy in Jellico TN who was just heading into TAT. He showed me the maps and all and I know I had to put this on my bucket list.
    Really sorry to hear about your son. Hope I'm still riding in my 70's!

Page 770 of 930 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 745 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 795 820 870 ... LastLast

Thread Information