Thread: Cinnabar Sams- Willow Creek CA

Hybrid View

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    DR-Z 400, 2007 Harley 1200R

Lets Eat Cinnabar Sams- Willow Creek CA

Cinnabar Sam's in Willow Creek on the west side of Hwy 299 is a great stop. The food is good, but the interior has lots of history. Inside are old photo's from the local past along with old logging and mining equiptment. Looking around you will find a short history lessen of the local area. The only thing that may offend some folks is more than a couple of dead animals on the wall, not to mention a couple of decommissioned rifles. If that doesn't bother you I recommend you stop and eat. It is on Hwy 299 on the east end of town.
    It's the journey, not the destination.

John

Name
    Susan
    Bike(s)
    2004 750 Honda Shadow

Re: Cinnabar Sams- Willow Creek CA

I have relatives who live in Willow Creek. In fact, my aunt works at one of the restaurants up there. Can't be that many in Willow Creek. Maybe you saw her there. Her name is Jan.

Small world, huh?!

Best wishes,
    CG

Name
    John
    Bike(s)
    DR-Z 400, 2007 Harley 1200R

There is only one restrant and one or two burger places. She probably works at Cinnabar Sams. I don't remember the two ladies names, but one may have been her.
    It's the journey, not the destination.

John

Name
    Kenneth
    Bike(s)
    2002 Honda Goldwing

I haven't been in Willow Creek since I hauled lumber from Burnt Ranch and Hoopa back in the 1950s. My main haul at that time was from Mad River close to Dinsmore on hiway 36.

Gonna get back up there on my Goldwing one of these days and try the roads on a bike instead of an 18 wheeler, give that cafe a try........Papa-Ken

Playing the low notes... z_bassman's Avatar
    Name
    Sean
    Bike(s)
    Relying on others to

Cinnabar Sam's Grille

The Crossroads to Northern Extremes!

On Hwy. 299, Willow Creek
    530-629-3437
    Open daily

Located 45 minutes inland from Arcata, Cinnabar Sam's is nestled along Highway 299 overlooking Willow Creek. Our large outdoor deck takes in mountaintops and forested vistas on warm summer evenings. Home to Redbud Theater's wonderful outdoor summer comedy, Cinnabar Sam's also houses Bigfoot Rafting Company, the area's largest whitewater company. Cinnabar's is a living history of the mining and logging eras of yesteryear, with pictures and artifacts that preserve the legacy of the past.

Enjoy outdoor barbeques, catering for weddings and parties, or our California medley menu comprised of fajitas and nachos, steaks and seafood, mountainous burgers and farm fresh salads. Sample fresh blackberry and peach specialties as the seasons prevail. Homegrown tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and other delectable vegetables compliment our bountiful portions.

Friendly people, beautiful natural surroundings, great food, a wonderful choice for fun or romance. "It's worth the drive!"

Dining Details:
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Beer
    Wine
    Handicapped Access
    Take Out
    Live Entertainment
    Credit Cards
    Price Range $2.99-18.99

Not stupid, just ignorant wd6cmu's Avatar
    Name
    Eric
    Bike(s)
    DL650K4

I ate at Sam's last night, it was the only place open after 8 (closes at 9pm). The food was very good and the atmosphere was excellent. Definitely worth a stop. The pizza place in town was pretty good, too. There's also a Mexican restraunt, but we didn't try it.

We stayed the night at the Big Foot Inn in Willow Creek. A bit rustic, but comfortable rooms, and very quiet! Made a nice change from the chain motels next to the freeway.

Thread Information