Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > The Wonderful World of Pashnit > The Pashnit Gathering

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Name: Tim

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Icon10 The Official 2008 Pashnit FALL Gathering Thread - Oct 25th, 2008

2008 FALL PASHNIT GATHERING

Dual-Sport, Off-Road & Street Bikes Welcome!!

When: Weekend of Oct 25th, 2008
Where: Sopiago Springs Resort, Hwy 88 & North-South Rd, near Pioneer, CA - Amador Co. elevation 4500 ft.
Starts: Arrive Friday or Saturday anytime - stay the weekend
Food: Bring some chips/dip/soda/potato salad/cookies/ice, etc at will (I'll be bringing the bulk of the food for Saturday's BBQ!)
Cost: $10 Donation to cover food- Give when you get there
Camping $10 Donation to the owner of the property, RV or tent, (Can be cold at night, be prepared!!)
T-Shirts & general Pashnit stuff: Get a Pashnit T-Shirt. Lots of STICKERS for free! Plus free Pashnit Screensavers.
RAFFLE: Yes, we will have the raffle again for a FREE spot on any 2009 PASHNIT MOTORCYCLE TOUR 3 or 4 Day ride
Dual-Sport Ride: Will take place Saturday Morning, Oct 25th from Sopiago Springs, returning 12pm
Tents, RV's & Fun-Movers: Yes, plenty of room for all of those!
Etc.: Yes, we'll have a huge bonfire, motorcycle movies, lotsa food, & good times
KIDS!! Yes, kids! Bring the kids!

BBQ when?: Main BBQ all together is Oct 25th, SATURDAY AFTERNOON, 12-5pm but come up to Sopiago Springs anytime. Some folks come up as early as Thursday!

Name:  Img_9471_Sign_welcome.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  136.6 KB
pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Re: The Official 2008 Pashnit FALL Gathering Thread - Oct 25th, 2008

For the streetbikes, you've probably figured out by now this region is a utopian place of motorcycle bliss. Check out the Pashnit Roads site to check out the area roads, main ones, mtn passes, and surrounding paved goat trails.

Nearby Roads are Hwy 88 - Carson Pass, North-South Rd, Hwy 4 - Ebbetts Pass, Monitor Pass and even Lake Tahoe is not far away.

CAMPERS & TENTERS: Lots of room for tents in a football-field sized grassy area. If you tent, be prepared for cold overnight temps. Fall at 4500 feet in the Sierra Nevada Mountains? You do the math! Warm days, cool nights.

Our host property has room for large RV's, FunMovers, Camping trailers and other assorted large vehicles. There are probably 20-30 camping spaces. If you plan to camp, trailer up your dirtbikes/quads, or use up a camping space, please contribute an extra $10 to the owner for allowing this event on his private property.

Not a camper you say?

Lodging near Pioneer, CA - Booking a room.. Details...

The closest bastion of civilization is Pioneer along Highway 88. Pioneer, CA = 16 miles NE of Jackson

Our Host Lodging: Pioneer Lodge, (24 rooms) 24144 Highway 88, Pioneer, (209) 295-3490
http://pioneerresortslodge.com (most people stay here.)

(Biggest chain motel - 114 rooms)
Best Western Amador Inn, 200 South Highway 49, Jackson, CA 95642 US

Stay for the nightly bonfire!
Name:  Img_0148_tim_fire.jpg
Views: 1558
Size:  31.0 KB
Old 09-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Finding Sopiago Springs...

Sopiago Springs Resort is located a few miles north of Hwy 88 (Carson Pass). Take Omo Ranch Rd north several hundred yards. Omo Ranch Rd splits & North-South Rd begins heading due north to connect with Mormon Emigrant Trail. Omo Ranch Rd turns due west towards Hwy E16 & Fairplay.

North-South Rd drops off the ridgeline and descends a twisty goaty path (yes, large campers do fine, this is is traversed by large water tanker semi's) 2 miles to a fork in the road. Tim often refers to a stump on the north side of the road here, but descending northward down the hill, hard to see. There will be a sign here "PASHNIT -->" and arrow at this fork in the road. If you go more than 2 miles, you've gone too far.

See the fork? Go right.

MS&T lists Tim's address (the fork in the road actually) as 1532 North-South Rd, Somerset, CA 95684- but that may or may not work on your GPS.

GPS COORDINATES: Sopiago Springs Entrance: 38 32.253 / 120 26.537’

PHOTO Directions: Awhile back, John wrote a terrific thread about how to find Tim's place. Read that here - Clicky!! If you plan to arrive in the middle of the night, be advised there is not a light on for miles.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #4
EQPlayer
Straight roads are evil

Name: Mike

Motorcycle:
  DL650

Pashnit gatherings are SO much fun. If you haven't been to one yet - see you there!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
ninja_o
I am done learning ...

Name: S...

Motorcycle:
  Concours 14

who is going from san jose ??
wanna ride together ??
ninja_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
needles

Name: Dan

Motorcycle:
  2003 V-Strom 1000

I'll be coming in from SJ. Most likely going straight there Friday as I'll be leaving from work.

Dan
needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
seanrock

Name: Mark

Motorcycle:
  BMW R1150RT, Triumph Sprint ST

I should make this one if my bike doesn't break down again on the way up. Hey Jimbo94 want to try it again?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #8
TheOtherTim

Motorcycle:
  FJR, TTR 125 & 230

Hey guys, just wanted to give an official "Come on up!" Welcome and Invitation to everyone to join us at the Fall Gathering! I am making the projector background Bigger and Closer this year! Bigger Movies!

I'd like to invite everyone to bring up their home videos (of riding- jeez, what were you thinking there for a moment!!), as we'll be having our own "Academy Awards" for the "Best" riding video in different categories: Dirt, Dual Sport, Racing, Touring, Stunt, Etc. We'll have a Wheelie Contest, a stoppie contest, a Slowest Rider contest, and ????

Watch out, because Hyper and I have been practicing our wheelies and slowies! How about a "who can jump over the bonfire" contest??? Sure....Anyone interested in having a dealer come up to provide test rides? Let me know and I'll give it a try. If anyone has a great projector, I had the Sopiago one stolen, so for now if I could borrow one for the event that would be great. My new helper Rocky will be there to set up and greet everyone, so say "Hi" to Rocky when you see him. I'm thinking about inviting the SBR folks....Any feedback about this???
Old 09-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
needles

Name: Dan

Motorcycle:
  2003 V-Strom 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherTim View Post
I'm thinking about inviting the SBR folks....Any feedback about this???
Why not? We're good folks!

Dan
needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #10
Tyler

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle:
  2009 Can Am Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherTim View Post
I'm thinking about inviting the SBR folks....Any feedback about this???
Why not? A few of us here are multi-forum folk.

Dangerous Curves
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote