Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > Pashnit Roads, Rides & Bikes > Nevada - Road Trips & Pics, pics, pics

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #221
lvdeuce
Ironbutt Member #37861

Name: Mark

Motorcycle:
  HD Deuce

Re: Gary - Had a Weekend Incident

Donna,
I posted to your other thread before reading this one, I am sorry to hear about Gary, I have been a lurker around here for a long time and have always enjoyed your pictures. My heart stopped when I first saw the title to this thread. I was glad to hear things are getting better.
Anyway, I wish the best for the both of you.

Best wishes from a fellow Nevada rider.
lvdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #222
motowriter
Crazy Rider - 1000/24/24

Name: <g>

Motorcycle:
  '05 FrankenZ1, '78 KZ650 SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Dawg
1- You know which way your wrist should bend. Use your other hand to gently bend it in those directions. Keep your fingers locked straight and your thumb tucked in. If it hurts, don't push it so far.

2- Hold your arm out straight, open your hand and spread your fingers as wide as possible. Now close to a fist. With both do it as fast and forcefully as you can without pain. Keep the back or your hand flat to the wrist (good luck here). Do it palm down and palm up.

3- Save the full pages from some news papers. Put one on a kitchen table or floor. Place your hand directly in the middle and crumple it up into a ball as you keep contact with the surface. Sounds like no big deal right? Just you try it...I'll wager you will not be able to get three pages done (heck, two will be a major chore).

4- Make sure you have ice enough to put on the wrist and in your Maker's Mark after.
1. Check. I almost have 100% flexibility bending the wrist back, as in throttle direction. Bending forward is an ongoing project.

2. Check. My fingers had full movement in the cast so they never got stiff. My right jab seems pretty good, so don't expect to get away with any verbal jabs at Sopiago!

3. Check... and mate! Yeah, finally got a newspaper from the neighbor yesterday and crumpled FOUR (count em!) 4 sheets in a row. What a freakin workout! Could feel a lot of muscles working overtime and while I prolly could have done one more it was tiring enough to stop after winning the wager.

4. I'm a beer man. I'll take my winnings cold in a 12oz. bottle, tyvm.

I have to say, I'm realllly tempted to take the Bandit out for a test spin. But I know my strength isn't there yet. Good flexibility, but I'm sure I couldn't do much to right the bike if it decides to tip toward the right. It's been 10 days since I got the cast off and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to ride to Sopiago next week.
motowriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #223
Badger
883 Sportster

Name: John

Motorcycle:
  04 883 Sportster, 84 Goldwing Interstate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
1. Check. I almost have 100% flexibility bending the wrist back, as in throttle direction. Bending forward is an ongoing project.

<snippage>

I have to say, I'm realllly tempted to take the Bandit out for a test spin. But I know my strength isn't there yet. Good flexibility, but I'm sure I couldn't do much to right the bike if it decides to tip toward the right. It's been 10 days since I got the cast off and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to ride to Sopiago next week.
Throttle open, ok. Throttle closed, still working on it. Planning to ride to Sopiago.

Gary man, enthusiasm is one thing....

Keep crumpling newspaper!

Badger/John
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #224
com3
say cheese!

Name: Joe

Motorcycle:
  both dirt and street

Send a message via AIM to com3 Send a message via MSN to com3

Quote:

so you can ride then! fist full of throttle, then just let go when you wanna slow down.
com3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:50 PM   #225
Law Dawg (ret)
Unashamed Christian Rider

Name: Mark

Motorcycle:
  Yes

Quote:
2. Check. My fingers had full movement in the cast so they never got stiff. My right jab seems pretty good, so don't expect to get away with any verbal jabs at Sopiago!
Now that could be fun (been awhile since I've made anyone cry "uncle"). Warning, dirty fighter.