Notices

Tours

Old 08-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #7691
JohnTriggiani
Kinda new round here

Name: John

Motorcycle:
  1999 Honda CBR1100xx

Re: Introductions - Introduce yourself here...

I am a new member to the forum. I like to make weekend day rides, and also make 3-day and 4-day weekend rides. I like to stay on the pavement, and sleep in motels. I ride at a brisk sport-touring pace. I like to keep a low profile around the LEO's and I'm happy to ride without incidents and speed awards. When I get off onto a rural river road I like to amp it up for a while.

I like to make long weekend trips to Eastern Oregon, and like to hit the Northern California Sierras. I ride year around, unless freezing is expected. I like to ride with responsible, mature riders.

I have a 1999 Honda CBR1100xx and a BMW K1300GT. I like to maintain my own bikes.

I am eager to meet new people and expand my network of riding friends. I do not like to ride alone. The optimum group size for me is between 3 and 8.

I live near Alger, WA and work nights. I am free to ride mornings, weekends, and with a little planning can easily get away on weekends.

If anyone thinks we may be a riding - partner match, and would like to make a ride, or a meet & greet I would appreciate it much.

Thanks, John
JohnTriggiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #7692
jpw
Kinda new round here

Motorcycle:
  XR-650L

Hi, I'm 71 years old retired Navy. Been just pleasure riding for years. My son was an avid biker but he died two years ago as the result of a motorcycle accident. I would like to ride the Trans America Trail in his honor. he never rode it but I,m sure he would have loved to. I met a guy in Jellico TN who was just heading into TAT. He showed me the maps and all and I know I had to put this on my bucket list.
jpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #7693
Law Dawg (ret)
Unashamed Christian Rider

Name: Mark

Motorcycle:
  Yes

Welcome John.

What a tribute the TAT would be and couple that with your age...wow, simply wow! We will expect a Ride report with pics ya know...
Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #7694
jpw
Kinda new round here

Motorcycle:
  XR-650L

Have to get in shape. I'm in pretty good shape now,my doc says I am in good health with the heart of a 40 year old. I want to get a new bike also,probably stick with the Honda XR. Looking forward to mabye next year as I understand it might be a bit late to cross some areas out west. I'm not getting old,I refuse to get old.
jpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #7695
soldaze
Kinda new round here

Name: Patty

Motorcycle:
  Burgman 400

Hi,
My name is Patty. I ride a 2009 Kawi ER6n (ie. naked Ninja 650). I'm still a noob, only have about 3000 miles total. I've been lurking here for over a year and have learned quite a bit. Thanks Everyone!
soldaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #7696
eastbay beast
Kinda new round here

Name: Brian

Motorcycle:
  cbr600rr 2006

New to Pashnit!

Hello ALL,

Friendly customer service guy at Berkeley CA Honda/Yamaha recommended I stop by this site to check out some roads...

WoW! lots of information and an active community. Glad I found this!

About Me: 26 y/o male from northern cali bay area. Motorcycles have been in my family from day 1. My uncle owned a honda/yamaha/harley dealership for 30+ years in Eureka, Ca. (Richard Miller Motorcycles) I ride a 2006 cbr600rr. Used for commute and weekend warrior. I'm not a knee dragger but I do like to push my limits!

Looking forward to some informative information and hopefully I can be an addition to the online community.

See you out there!
eastbay beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #7697
e.heise
Kinda new round here

Name: E

Motorcycle:
  2007 Klr-650

San Diego born and bred. Just bought a used 2007 Klr-650. Stoked to be a part of the riding community. Eager to learn more about my bike and explore the California coast. Looking forward to many many more years of riding.
e.heise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #7698
G-Ray88
Your friend on the road

Name: RUGER

Motorcycle:
  2008 Bonneville

Howdy folks. I'm G-Ray88 a.k.a. Ruger on the TriumphRAT forums. I've been looking at Pashnit for a few years but never have posted.

Later this month (August/2011) I'll be leaving SoCal for a day of plinking with my cousin. We'll be out in the wilds outside of Los Banos for a day but early the next morning I'll cut out (I usually ride solo) and head up over the Golden Gate and check out the Marin Headlands ride. I've got to get a picture like Tim's looking over the GG Bridge.

Later that day I'll set up camp at Big Basin Redwoods park and do some riding in that area.

The next day I'd like to ride the Big Sur Coast to Cambria and then I'll make camp at Santa Margarita Lake near Paso Robles and Atascadero.

Then it's back home to L.A.

I have one question: Is there anything I should know about Hwy 1 between Monterey and Cambria? Heard it was closed this past Spring which changed my plans on the last trip.

Any other tips on the Los Banos to Marin leg would also be appreciated.
Thanks, and sorry for the long 1st post.
G-Ray
G-Ray88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #7699
JCZ

Name: JC

Motorcycle:
  2010 FLHXSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Ray88 View Post
Howdy folks. I'm G-Ray88 a.k.a. Ruger on the TriumphRAT forums. I've been looking at Pashnit for a few years but never have posted.

Later this month (August/2011) I'll be leaving SoCal for a day of plinking with my cousin. We'll be out in the wilds outside of Los Banos for a day but early the next morning I'll cut out (I usually ride solo) and head up over the Golden Gate and check out the Marin Headlands ride. I've got to get a picture like Tim's looking over the GG Bridge.

Later that day I'll set up camp at Big Basin Redwoods park and do some riding in that area.

The next day I'd like to ride the Big Sur Coast to Cambria and then I'll make camp at Santa Margarita Lake near Paso Robles and Atascadero.

Then it's back home to L.A.

I have one question: Is there anything I should know about Hwy 1 between Monterey and Cambria? Heard it was closed this past Spring which changed my plans on the last trip.

Any other tips on the Los Banos to Marin leg would also be appreciated.
Thanks, and sorry for the long 1st post.
G-Ray
Going north across the golden gate, there's a parking lot/visitors center just north of the bridge on the right. You can get some pretty nice pictures there of the bridge and the city, if it's a clear day.

Also headed north across the bridge, you can take the first offramp, turn left and go back under the freeway then left again (follow that road beside the south bound lanes of Hwy. 101 and follow that road up and around to the right till you get a view like the one I'm posting here.

Big Basin is a nice area and you'll like that campgrounds. It doesn't feel like you're very close to civilization even though you are.

Hwy. 1 is open all the way and they've been working on the roads so they're actually in better condition than they were last year. Here's a link to a four page ride report for Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur that my wife and I did over the 4th of July weekend.... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=64369.0

We look forward to your ride report and pics when you get back....oh yea, and welcome to the board.
Attached Images

JCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #7700
071KVstrom
Post Tenebras Lux

Name: Chris

Motorcycle:
  2007 DL1000 VStrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw View Post
Hi, I'm 71 years old retired Navy. Been just pleasure riding for years. My son was an avid biker but he died two years ago as the result of a motorcycle accident. I would like to ride the Trans America Trail in his honor. he never rode it but I,m sure he would have loved to. I met a guy in Jellico TN who was just heading into TAT. He showed me the maps and all and I know I had to put this on my bucket list.
Really sorry to hear about your son. Hope I'm still riding in my 70's!
071KVstrom is offline   Reply With Quote