rideonXX

Name: Kel

Motorcycle:
  '03 Honda ST1300A, '97 Honda CBR1100XX, '95 Triumph Speed Triple

Re: Corbin Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Bird View Post
BS to the above post.
Not so!! That's genuine j o speak----you just have to be able to understand it. His signature line should give you a lead to his language-----but his advice on important stuff---like a guy genuinely asking about seat---while his opinion, is good advice. Better than good I would say-----and he's logged a bunch of miles and a 'real deal' motorcyclist. For what it's worth---happy trails, kel
rideonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #23
Bill Range

Name: Bill

Motorcycle:
  1997 BMW K1100LT

Put a custom "ride-in" build Corbin saddle on my Kawasaki '95 Concours and again on my Kawasaki '2000 Concours. I got interested with Iron Butt with my Kawasaki '2000 Concours and I found that I was having difficulty getting over 6 hours ride in the saddle. I took my bike and seat back to Corbin (X2) and Corbin stayed with me until I was happy, satisfied and confident to do a 1000 mile ride. Saddle is hard (no complaints with that), and I've no complaints in a 24hour ride on my Corbin saddle. With that said, I have put a "Day-Long Russell saddle" on my K100RS and have run a Bun Burner on it. The Russell saddle was a custom "ride-in" build. To compare these two saddles, I love the Day Long Russell. Russell's customer service is excellent. I took off right out of the gate with the Russell saddle and I have never looked back ... my Russell is more than comfortable for LD rides. I also have allot of friends who ride on a Meyers saddle and they tell me that it is great for LD rides, and very comfortable, (makes sense since Meyers design is very similar to the Russell saddle).
Bill Range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #24
an old mans eyes

Name: Rick

Motorcycle:
  08 Busa

Hello Rich, I have a cobin on my 05 busa and love it I can ride all day day after day and don't have a problem. Like most have said it is harder or stiffer than most but works well for my butt but not surprised to hear it's not for all...Rick
an old mans eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #25
Scarman
Not all pain is gain.

Name: Dave

Motorcycle:
  FJR-1300

First Corbin I bought was great. Worth every penny. That was about 15 years ago. I've had two others since that first seat and I was very disappointed with the last two seats. Neither seat held up well long term and both seats were marginally more comfortable than stock. Certainly not enough improvement to justify the cost or the trip to Hollister. I wouldn't buy another Corbin.

I think to some degree it depends on the bike as much as the rider. Some bike designs allow Corbin more room to work their magic and other bike designs become a compromise with fit and finish.
Scarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #26
rhumbert

Name: Rich

Motorcycle:
  VFR 1200FD

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback and info. I learned about other options to explore, now I just have to make the $$$ and make a decision.
rhumbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #27
FishWitch
~*~Crazy Lady~*~

Name: Sydney

FOLSOM!!! Not the Prison! 175K & counting!

Motorcycle:
  '05 Victory Kingpin

Send a message via AIM to FishWitch Send a message via MSN to FishWitch Send a message via Yahoo to FishWitch

I'M STILL AN ADVOCATE OF THE $100 ProPad. I actually talked to a guy that had mad one of the beaded seats which other swear by from a $10 K-Mart car seat. I'm skeptical of the beady thing but know peeps that love them too. WAYYYYY cheaper that a $$$$ custom seat you don't know if you will like.

I'm not trying to discourage you just sending out some el cheapo options. I know how my budget is.

There are several great Custom Seats out there. I'm not dissing any of them. Just knows what works for me.

Member of The Victory True American Road Trip Team
FishWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #28
DYNA118

Name: Jim

Motorcycle:
  Roadliner

I don't know, I put over 40K on my Corbin and have 40K on my Mustang and I've never had a problem doing long distance riding with either one
DYNA118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #29
Ga. Grizz

Name: Greg

Motorcycle:
  Suzuki B1200

I bought a Holeshot Corbin for a Suzuki Bandit and knew It was not for me as soon as I sat on it. They would not take it back or exchange it but said I could send it to Corbin for a free redo. Of course I had to pay for shipping. Still hated it. Bought a Blackbird that came with stock seat and a Corbin Smuggler. The smuggler is getting dusty in the corner of the garage.
Ga. Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote