Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > Pashnit Roads, Rides & Bikes > Nevada - Road Trips & Pics, pics, pics

Notices

Tours

Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #101
75wingman

Name: thomas j.

Motorcycle:
  1975 honda goldwing / jawa sidecar

Re: Gary - Had a Weekend Incident

gary& donna, Godbless,Godspeed,Godswill, like all hate to see those posts. isn't it amasing how much abuse the human body can take! heal well! donna, take a break with gary,no doubt you had some trauma also? tom
75wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:51 AM   #102
dynamike
Hazman

Name: Mike

Motorcycle:
  Harley FXDI35

Get better Gary!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #103
G8ESCAP
AKA Gixxerdale

Name: Dale

Motorcycle:
  4wd Dual Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit66
Gary, go to bed! How can you type that much with a broken wrist┐
Gary's "twisted" version of moto therapy!

Good to see you up and on line so soon Gary.

"Ride like you own the road, and one day the road will own you"
G8ESCAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #104
Scarman
Not all pain is gain.

Name: Dave

Motorcycle:
  FJR-1300

Re: Preliminary Crash Info - Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
We retrieved the stuff from the accident scene this afternoon. The moto jacket was cut open along both arms. The right glove was cut off. My tail pack, with camera bag inside, was intact, including my zoom lens inside. No lower body damage or rash, so they left my pants be. But the 2 shirts I had on were both cut open up the chest. Call it crash memorobilia, eh?
You got lucky Gary. The EMS folks did a strip and flip on me. They sliced all my close and flipped me onto the back board. I'm glad I can't remember anything because being buck necked on the side of the road with a crowd of people around isn't something I do often... sober anyways.

I recovered almost all my stuff... For some reason my underwear came up missing. I figure they're probably hanging from the rear view mirror in the chopper.

I don't remember anything from my accident either. Not even the chopper ride. $5700 for a 5 minute flight and I can't remember a thing. Still it was probably worth it since the ER doc said if I came in by ambulance I would have died before I got to the hospital.

Take it slow and do what the docs tell you... for the most part anyway. We'd like to have you out riding and shooting pics, but not before your healed up.
Scarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #105
DaveG

Name: Dave

Motorcycle:
  '06 Yamaha FZ1, 79 CBX, '04 WR450

Hey Donna, I check in every day and I missed this...sorry. Glad to hear things are going well and the Pashnit family thing is pretty cool huh? Sounds like the V strom isn't too bad, so we won't be seeing Gary riding Lola!
1979 CBX
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #106
Sbyllek
I Miss my Bonneville...

Name: Kelly

Motorcycle:
  Hubby's bike

Send a message via AIM to Sbyllek Send a message via Yahoo to Sbyllek

Quote:

We retrieved the stuff from the accident scene this afternoon. The moto jacket was cut open along both arms. The right glove was cut off. My tail pack, with camera bag inside, was intact, including my zoom lens inside. No lower body damage or rash, so they left my pants be. But the 2 shirts I had on were both cut open up the chest. Call it crash memorabilia, eh?
One thing they taught us when I was going through paramedic training was to only cut a downed bikers gear off if ABSOLUTELY necessary!
This was for our own safety because when that big burly Harley dude comes to ...the last thing you want is him mad at you for ruining his expensive leathers!Name:  grabbed.gif
Views: 196
Size:  215 Bytes

No really...if they did cut it they were plenty worried...
So enjoy your memorabilia!!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #107
bonedoctor
Rocky Mountain High (low)

Name: Kent

Motorcycle:
  2003 Yamaha FZ-1, 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500, 1970 Norton 750S, 1954 Cushman truckster

Quote:
Hi Ken, sounds like from your description that the N. NV emergency and medical professionals followed the script to the letter. I remember isolated bits of Sunday night. One of the bits was feeling annoyed at having my head taped down to a hard board. Heck, the ribs and wrist weren't bothering me as much as the back of my head. I kept wishing for a pillow! So, no, I don't remember the chopper flight, just how much I wanted my head untaped!

We retrieved the stuff from the accident scene this afternoon. The moto jacket was cut open along both arms. The right glove was cut off. My tail pack, with camera bag inside, was intact, including my zoom lens inside. No lower body damage or rash, so they left my pants be. But the 2 shirts I had on were both cut open up the chest. Call it crash memorobilia, eh?
Yeah, those trauma shears are pretty effective. I'd keep that jacket as a unique souvenir. When I worked in Aspen, we'd get skiers with injuries. Nothing worse than trying to get a ski boot off somebody's broken leg or ankle. There just ain't no easy way. I always hated taking the shears to somebody's nice ski pants, too.

Those spine boards are hard as a rock and they do tape, strap you to it so everything moves as one. Once had a guy end up at the hospital where I was a resident. He'd actually been injured in Arkansas, went to the local hospital, they transferred him to a hospital in Joplin, and then he got sent to us in Columbia, MO. Poor guy had been in two states, and three hospitals and had been on that damned spine board for 14 hrs (!) before he got to us. First thing he said was, "I can't feel my a$$", so we got him off the thing as soon as was safely possible.

Oh, for those folks with tatoos, make sure they're good ones or nicely done, 'cause we see 'em all and critique 'em.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #108
Law Dawg (ret)
Unashamed Christian Rider

Name: Mark

Motorcycle:
  Yes

Quote:
But yer exactly right... things could have been much worse. When I get around to editing the pix from Sunday, we'll see that I was riding a deserted dirt road with no one around for miles. Realllly lucky I didn't crash there, but just a few yards from a main road!
One thing to consider and possibly work on Gary. Cultivate some dirty rider type pals. Going solo on dirt, way out in the boonies, is not a good idea (you reading this Brad?). Especially the way you ride...full on. Not saying I have not been in just that situation before, just that it is a bad idea. I dumped my GS (all alone) on the way to Robber's Roost. Wheels were uphill and the sand was deep. Looking around, there was nobody for miles. Absolutely no way the 570 lb bike was going to be lifted upright. Had I been hurt badly, that might have been it...coyote poop. I balanced it on a cylinder and spun the wheels down hill. That got him back up and got me out of there. It was the last time 'cause the possibilities went through my thick boned skull. 7 3/4 inch head and a brain the size of a walnut...do the math.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #109
VFR Pilot
Ride the wheels off it

Name: Brad

Motorcycle:
  02 Honda VFR, 89 Honda Transalp (RIP) SAG Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Dawg
One thing to consider and possibly work on Gary. Cultivate some dirty rider type pals. Going solo on dirt, way out in the boonies, is not a good idea (you reading this Brad?).......
Yes Mother I can't have any fun any more all kidding aside I hear you and agree with you on that.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #110
motowriter
Crazy Rider - 1000/24/24

Name: <g>

Motorcycle:
  '05 FrankenZ1, '78 KZ650 SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911
hope Gary gets well soon.
Donna you should see about getting the bike out of impound as soon as possible.The tow companies charge an arm and a leg per day.
Thanks, Erik. Seems there's two lines of thought on an impounded bike. Assuming insurance will over everything, the recommendation is to leave the bike be or get hit with charges which have to be later reimbursed. We opened a claim Monday and figured insurance would deal with it. They have... The adjustor went out Tuesday afternoon and declared the bike totaled. Soooo... on to the nxt bike!
motowriter is offline   Reply With Quote