Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > Pashnit Roads, Rides & Bikes > California - Road Trips & Pics, pics, pics

Notices

Old 04-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #81
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Name: Tim

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Re: Beautiful. A Pashnit Tour of Coastal California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmeister
Another great post, thanks Tim! Looks like this tour had more riders than some others in the past. Good for you! Wishing you much success in the future both on the road and in cyberspace.
Thanks Gary! Interest this year seems to have doubled over last. Or it could be the number of people signing up for the tours is the same, however the repeat business is rounding out the ranks of those who once they actually do the tour with us , and find out just how much fun it is could account for that too!

I always enjoy asking people, 'why are you here??', my favorite response is "I'm tired of looking AT the pictures, I want to be IN the pictures."
pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #82
dlynch
Shiny side up!

Name: Dave

Motorcycle:
  Yamaha

We've just returned from a similar tour. It was a business trip, so we rented a 4-wheeler (Miata) and had a lot of fun.

I'm truly impressed with your write-up and photos. You've captured the essence of the trip, and though I've just returned, you make me wish for the time to be back on this great road!

Thanks!

Dave L
Toronto
dlynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #83
vertible
Lets Ride!!!

Name: John

Motorcycle:
  Shadow

Love your write up and pictures - gave me some ideas for our ride thru there in 1 1/2 weeks. I am from Arizona and have monthly rides planned in California over the summer. Maybe I can time it to join you on a ride one of these days.
vertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #84
Orson

Name: Will

Motorcycle:
  '02 Moto Guzzi Le Ma

Icon7 Re: Beautiful. A Pashnit Tour of Coastal California.

wow!

I need a new camera

those are magazine quality

I can never get enuff Highway 1 pictures
Orson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #85
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Name: Tim

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertible
Love your write up and pictures - gave me some ideas for our ride thru there in 1 1/2 weeks. I am from Arizona and have monthly rides planned in California over the summer. Maybe I can time it to join you on a ride one of these days.
John - headed out here from Arizona? These photo threads can be really helpful as they can give you clues as what's in store in this particular region of the state. I also always try to label the photos as to 'what road' as every now & then you find a pic & say, "I want to go there!!"

Also note that this particular tour we've done numerous times over the years, but I keep changing the route, so if you have a looksy at some of the other Central Coast Pashnit Tour threads - you'll see a variation in the roads, along the appropriate photography thereof (of course! ).

A lot of great riding along the Big Sur Coastline and slightly inland along the Coast Range!

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7839

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3311

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3348

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2982

pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #86
vertible
Lets Ride!!!

Name: John

Motorcycle:
  Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashnit
John - headed out here from Arizona? These photo threads can be really helpful as they can give you clues as what's in store in this particular region of the state. I also always try to label the photos as to 'what road' as every now & then you find a pic & say, "I want to go there!!"

Also note that this particular tour we've done numerous times over the years, but I keep changing the route, so if you have a looksy at some of the other Central Coast Pashnit Tour threads - you'll see a variation in the roads, along the appropriate photography thereof (of course! ).

A lot of great riding along the Big Sur Coastline and slightly inland along the Coast Range!
Thanks Tim, I have added a few bits and pieces to my trip.
vertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 AM   #87
matthewp
Combat Truck Monkey

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle:
  Toura-busa

Tim,

I agree fullheartedly with Vertible's plans. Until I have the chance to actually go one one of your organized rides (scheduling around the possibility of another "company-paid vacation" with Uncle Sam), I am going to be using your notes, etc for some weekend jaunts. Your work makes this a great informational site, not just entertaining.

My only regret about joining is reading this stuff while having to wait until I get back to the US and my motorcycle!
matthewp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #88
Ettenerf
BFBusa

Name: Bill

Motorcycle:
  2006 Hayabusa LE

What a beautiful ride. Looking at all the pics makes a person to quit work and ride. I have to ride the Northern California coastline and soon.
Thanks for making the passion of riding the passion that it is.
Great Job.
Ettenerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #89
vbwino2
Kinda new round here

Name: Reuben

Motorcycle:
  BMW K1200R

Tim,
Nice shots of the coast with the K1200S in the foreground. Will have to try it someday with my K1200R!

- Reuben
vbwino2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:08 AM   #90
fjrider
Kinda new round here

Name: Allan

Motorcycle:
  Yamaha FJR1300

Hello, Tim.
Thank you for your wonderful website. It is now a definite community resource, and I use it all the time.

I have a suggestion you might consider. Why not add a m/cycle riding safety tip section where you present good tips from the rider-members? It could be updated a couple of times a month and linked to the list of previously presented safety tips. There is a lot of safety wisdom out there, and your website would be the perfect place for the membership to share the best of it.

This occurred to me the other day as I was riding on Sonora Pass CA-108. Sand and gravel on the road dumps quite a few riders up there. What I noticed is this. Expect sand/gravel on the road if two major conditions are met.
#1) Maybe 95% of the time the curve in the road HAS to be a right turn. (Trucks and trailers cutting the corner sweep the gravel from the shoulder onto the pavement. That's how it happens. Also, flooding can carry rocks onto the pavement, but also only in a right turn.

#2) The soft shoulder nearly always has to be at or above the elevation of the pavement.

So, when one is riding the mountain passes, watch the verge and soft shoulder heights (easy to see from far down the road), and, when you come to a right turn, slow down b/c the chance of gravel/sand on the roadway on the other side of that dip to the right goes way, way up. I think this is a great item to add to the rider's Road Scan. // Allan FJRider
fjrider is offline   Reply With Quote