Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > Adventure Touring & Off-pavement explorations > Generally Speaking: Adventure, Dual & Dirt

Notices

Old 05-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Quixote

Name: Terry

Motorcycle:
  BMW F650GS

Sierra National Forest Maps

Some of you may not be aware of this, but the Sierra National Forest is conducting a study and devising a plan on what to do with their Off Highway Routes. As part of that plan they have been updating their iventory maps.

These are topo maps, quarter quadrangle, in PDF format for printing on 8 1/2 by 11 pages with all routes clearly marked. Here is the >link<. The maps also show trails and all road systems for the area.

Name:  overviewmap.gif
Views: 363
Size:  67.3 KB

"...a traveler must fly on the wings of imagination, like Quixote, fuelled by the fantasies of a lifetime."
-Ted Simon in Riding High
Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
Quixote

Name: Terry

Motorcycle:
  BMW F650GS

Re: Sierra National Forest Maps

hmmm...the magic map fairy put a copy of the master overview map in my original link. Thanks Tim.

As an update, I have found that the plan is required of all California National Forests. I went to the Sequioa National Forest pages and found similar maps. I'm guessing that such maps are availble for all the Forests, probably under OHV or Projects and Plans.

"...a traveler must fly on the wings of imagination, like Quixote, fuelled by the fantasies of a lifetime."
-Ted Simon in Riding High
Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
eye.surgeon
...riding California...

Name: Rod

Motorcycle:
  Ducati Multistrada

Re: Sierra National Forest Maps

These maps are great. This playground is right in my back yard and getting detailed maps is difficult. Thanks for posting.
eye.surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote