Pashnit Motorcycle Forum

CA Moto Roads Get your Pashnit PASHNIT
Go Back   Pashnit Motorcycle Forum > Adventure Touring & Off-pavement explorations > Generally Speaking: Adventure, Dual & Dirt

Notices

Old 06-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
farmer1949

Name: John

Motorcycle:
  05 HD Heritage. 08 KLR 06 BMW 1200GS

I blame it on Pashnit DS

I was perfectly happy riding my Harley....then you guys post these great pictures of rides to Shelter Cove, Bass Lake, gravel roads out of Williams...Then you are gracious enough to post open invites on rides...And then my wife was out of town for the weekend...what is a guy supposed to do? I bought my current Harley in 2005 when she went out of town, I'm sure she will expect it....

The 08 KLR green should be called Granny Green...it almost matches our Granny Smith orchard...The KLR is sooooo quiet...sound just like a quad. Really looking forward to mounting my Garmin 2610 on the KLR and following forest service roads, gaining confidence AND hopefully more invites will appear.....The second picture is why I now wear a full face helmet, I'm a yellow jacket magnet....this bugger got stuck in the vent on my first 20 mile (plus 6 laps around the orchard) KLR ride!!!....two stings within a 1/4 inch of each other, within a week in 2004 has left a still-sore scar...the worst was on a sharp turn on 88 with no shoulder to pull off on and get it out of the helmet!!!!...it is hard to be manly on your Harley when you can't see thru the tears!!!!

So if my wife doesn't expect it, I'm balming it on this forum and I expect you to back me up...it was inevitable.

Thank you very much! I really mean it.....
Attached Images

farmer1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
kimber99
99.44% Pure

Name: Kimber

Motorcycle:
  2003 BMW 650GS

Re: I blame it on Pashnit DS

Nice looking bike! (They did a good job with the redesign recently!)

I'm sure your wife will understand.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
FishWitch
~*~Crazy Lady~*~

Name: Sydney

FOLSOM!!! Not the Prison! 175K & counting!

Motorcycle:
  '05 Victory Kingpin

Send a message via AIM to FishWitch Send a message via MSN to FishWitch Send a message via Yahoo to FishWitch

You may have to leave it out in the orchard and when she asks, "Where'd that come from?" just tell her "Oh, it's been out there in back of those apple trees for ages......"

(The old new clothes in the closet ploy) hehehe

That looks FUN! Nice bike. Congrats.

Member of The Victory True American Road Trip Team
FishWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
nodaclu
Laps Timed By Sundial

Name: Mike

Motorcycle:
  '90 Kawasaki KLR 650

Oooooooh!!

I've been eyeballing that bike for months now.

Can I look you up on my next trip back to Lodi to see my parents?

Beautiful bike! I hope you enjoy many Pashnit excursions on it!!

~Mike
nodaclu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #5
JPM

Motorcycle:
  Honda, Kawasaki, BMW

Nice, a new design from my 05. They are lots of fun.
JPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
farmer1949

Motorcycle:

Thanks for the support...let's see how mouch help you are when the Boss returns sunday night!!!!

Kimber...I was really looking at the BMW 650 , but people keep referring to the KLR as "tractor technology" and simple....being an old farm boy I couldn't resist.....My wife and I met a couple on a BMW 650 in Drytown that were riding 2 up....and their previous bike was a Goldwing...they said they had just completed a trip to Carson City and thought they could have used alittle more power!!!!!...still I went for another tractor....

Sydney...fooling my wife stopped when we got out of our teens...something about her being smarter than me....I think she only keeps me for comedic relief and fixing the sprinklers...

Mike....we are only a couple miles west of 99...let me know, if you're real polite I may let you take it for a couple laps around the orchard...
Old 06-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
nodaclu
Laps Timed By Sundial

Name: Mike

Motorcycle:
  '90 Kawasaki KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer1949
Mike....we are only a couple miles west of 99...let me know, if you're real polite I may let you take it for a couple laps around the orchard...
Thanks!

I'm good at that. My whole family moved to Lodi from the midwest in 1951, when there was pretty much nothing around but miles and miles of grapes.

They brought that old-fashioned, midwestern mindset with them and raised me in it.

My wife is convinced I grew up in the real life version of "Leave it to Beaver".

To this day, it annoys me to no end when people in the service industry can't be bothered to say 'please' and 'thank you'.

Of course, I'd be happy to just see it and hear it run.

~Mike
nodaclu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #8
pashnit
Yes, I'm the guy

Name: Tim

Motorcycle:
  Hayabusa

Very nice John - I was reading the article about the new '08 KLR the other day, and marvelling that they finally came out with a new bike after all these years. What's next, the VMax?
pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
calikatoom

Name: Gail

Motorcycle:
  2005 BMW R1200GS 2004 KTM 450mxc

Hi John!

That new KLR looks nice!

I know it is late notice, but you are more than welcome to join us tomorrow morning at Cycle Specialties BMW in Modesto. I am leading a Dual SPort ride up near Yosemite. The ride starts at 8:00AM from the shop.

Keep an eye out at cyclespecialties.com for future shop rides. We ride monthly. Sometimes on the street and sometimes I'll lead a DS run. All are welcome and I try to gear the DS rides toward dirt roads and scenery as opposed to the hard technical trails.

Welcome to the "dirt crowd"!

Gail
Old 07-01-2007, 04:20 AM   #10
farmer1949

Motorcycle:

Thumbup Re: I blame it on Pashnit DS

Gail...Thanks for the invite....at this point "I'm not worthy" but that will soon change,,,I also have a date this AM with another tractor, this one of the John Deere persuassion, to apply another coat of "whitewash" on the apples before the next wave of 100 degrees...I got a new map book and am riding up 88, on the Harley, later today to look at forest road jump off spots....I hope your ride today is excellent.....Thanks